September 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Fragrances - LOVES FRESH LEMON

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I wish they didn't just make this during Xmas time, but I adore this fragrance! (The Jasmine & original are great too!!). I sincerely hope that Loves never goes out of business. I have a need for a perfume like this.... Days of ponty tails & sweats, (casual girl-next-door)...even at between 30 & 40 (closer to the 2nd than the 1st!!) yrs old ur never too old for Loves. This particular offering smells straight up like lemons & sugar. Nothing else. It's exhilarating & refreshing! It's got a bit of "zing" to it. Soooo unique!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my middle school years I got a Love's gift set with four colognes (Baby Soft, Rain Scent, Gentle Musk and Fresh Lemon) I can still remember the airy fresh lemon scent. It smelled just like lemonade, fresh and lemony but just a tiny hint of sweetness so it was not a harsh, acidic lemon, and it did not smell anything like lemon furniture polish.

A few months ago I was feeling nostalgic and came across a small bottle of Love's Fresh Lemon on amazon and so I ordered it. I don't know if the scent formula changed or if it's just that I have changed but I was disappointed. It just didn't smell the same to me. It was not nearly as lemony as I remember. It seemed more powdery and floral and there was hardly any lemon. I was expecting to smell that wonderful lemonade scent again and it just wasn't the same. I gave it away. :( My 3 lippies is because the memory of Love's Fresh Lemon is 5 stars but my most recent experience was a let down.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bignewfdog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this online after reading the reviews at MUA. I received a tiny little 1oz. plastic bottle with an adhesive label on it....so much for bottling! It smelled very much like lemons initially & I thought that I really had a winner. After drydown it smells like Love's Baby Soft, Powdery & feminine. I haven't smelled the pink Baby Soft since high school - the lemon in this one basically disappeared on me. That being said, it smells nice, but not particularly like lemons anymore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

I have this one which is so clean smelling regardless of teh claims taht it smells like lemon pine sol like my fiance says,lol.
I also love the regular standy by baby soft and now have found at the collar store 'white vanilla' a powdery vanilla scent with a hint of something else that I cannot put my fingers on.Alot lighter than vanilla fields ,I think I like this one more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product at the Salvation Army, of all places...and it was half price (yes, they actually have SALES there) so it was only a dollar! I figured, hey, what the heck, if I don't like it, it's no big loss. I'm always on the lookout for slightly cheesy/retro style fragrances so when this and Love's Fresh Musk appeared in the glass case at the SA, I had to have it (but I didn't pick up Fresh Musk- not a fan of musky scents). It smells exactly like what it says- fresh lemons! But not a sharp, astringent, lemon cleanser smell. It smells like a cool glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. Like a slice of lemon merengue pie. It's not sweet, but there is a very subtle sweetness to it- say just enough to take the sting out of the lemon. It's incredibly light and airy and clean. I love this! If I knew where to find a brand new, full bottle, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by zhara42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

a warm summer fragrance, a lemonade fragrance, an easy-going fragrance, and most importantly, a lemon that is cheap, lasts a while, and is simply lemon. Not lemon and flowers, not lemon and patchouli, not lemon and amber - just lemon. Maybe a hint of sugar, but *that's it.* And cheeeeap. Did I mention that it's cheeeeeeap? You can spritz away, go out and play, spritz again, change clothes, go swimming, spritz and spritz and sprtiz, and it doesn't matter - cause it's so cheeeeap! HA! Take *that* Demeter Pink Lemonade!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 3:27:00 AM More reviews by pulaonyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am extremely allergic to pretty much every fragrance/perfume/cologne on the planet (not deodorant - Thank Goodness). And I'm not allergic to Love's Fresh Lemon, surprisingly. It has a fantastic fresh, airy, light smell to it. I purchased it and used it every day and LOVED IT! It doesn't seem to last very long, but maybe I just got a bad batch.