Weleda Sage Deodorant

3.3

on 4/12/2014 2:23:00 PM

Terrible smell, works ok in combination with Lush aromaco (first layer lush, second layer weleda, reapply weleda) or by itself if reapplying every few hours. Works better than the Weleda citrus.

on 10/4/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am always on the look out for new natural deodorants that work. Tom's, Jason and the Thai Crystal one do not work for me at all. Kiss My Face works okay, as does some of the LUSH stuff. I typically use Oyin handmade's one and it is very good. Best one I've tried until this wonderful little bottle came into my life.

I adore the Oyin, but it's creamy and has to be applied with the hands. I like the spray/pump, although the glass packaging does make me a bit worried about throwing it into my gym bag. Might have to try the small one for that.

I will be repurchasing for sure!

on 8/18/2012 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favourite aluminium free deodorants of all time. Ive tried hundreds of them and this is the *only* one that makes me feel fresh, clean and eliminates smell completely. I choose not to use aluminium anti-perspirants partly because they leave my underarms raw, dry, sore and red and partly because I feel that sweating is an important function of the skin and it feels wrong to me to plug it up and prevent it from happening. Hence, my search for the best aluminium free deodorant. So far, this is the best one I have found. It comes in a fairly large glass spray bottle which I admit is a little cumbersome but you can also get small travel sized versions which are handy for carrying around in your purse. I have found the sage version to be the most effective and the smell is fairly innocuous and doesnt linger- it just smells sharp, fresh and kind of herbal. It obviously wont keep you *dry* as its a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant but it does prevent the bacteria which feed off the sweat which is what creates the smell since sweat of itself doesnt smell (its only slightly salted water after all). I am not sure how this would hold up if you live in an extremely hot climate. I live in the UK and have found this brilliant for even very hot days here but since they are so few and far between I have not really had the chance to push this deodorant to the absolute limit. I think its definitely worth a try though and you can always try the small travel size version to start off with. If you like your under arms to be bone dry then clearly, this wont be for you but if you dont actually mind sweating and just want to prevent odour then I really recommend you try this little gem :)

on 2/9/2011 7:46:00 AM

It didn't work for me at all. I am not the type of person who sweats a lot, but natural deodorants just don't work for me.

on 9/17/2010 7:07:00 AM

My friend picked this deodorant up when we were on a trip together. It smelled so lovely I had to borrow it all holiday and then buy one for myself. The scent is terrific, and reminds me of Kneipps Rosemary bath products. The question remains, is it a good deodorant? Weleda's website says to keep reapplying. That sounds a little lame. I will give it a go and edit this review if I turn into a sweaty sage scented mess.

on 2/15/2010 3:51:00 PM

Way too much money for something that only works for a few hours. I was actually embarrassed before the end of my shift was over b/c I knew I had BO. I could not even finish the bottle, but can't bear to trash it. This never irritated or burned my underarms, heard that happens w/the Citrus one, hence why I bought the Sage. I really wanted this to be my HG natural deo. but it didn't last. However, I do love the smell upon spraying, but it does quickly fade. I have resorted to spraying this on my feet, just to use it up.

on 2/9/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm in the middle of summer here and although i'm nearly 30 i recently went through some kind of horrible teenage flashback whereby supermarket deodorant was simply not working. To the point where some days i was convinced that i must have forgotton to put it on in the morning as sometimes i just started sweating during the middle of the day (especially for example if i went for a walk). I was a bit worried that it would lead to odor and would also look bad and then OH NO! (cue images of much ridicule and mirth from my so called 'friends', etc). In reality all i COULD smell was that horrible cloying powdery fragrance of cheap chemical deodorant. It was then that i thought enough is enough, if i'm gonna sweat anyway now's as good a time as ever to experiment with a natural deodorant. And i'm really pleased to say that i really like this product! Yes, it is true that you will FEEL like you are sweating a bit more than usual but i really don't think you do, i just think that chemical deodorant ends up transfering sweat to your clothes at the end of the day withought you noticing as much, i mean have you ever tried to wear summer clothes the next day when it's been 40 degress C without air con? No way! Your clothes will still be awful anyway, yet my clothes actually smell fresher the day after when i use this. Fragrance wise i don't find it unpleasant at all, i like it's fresh, herbally fragrance and once the alcohol dries a few seconds after it's sprayed you will smell fresh and clean for the whole day. And bare in mind it's not like you'll spend the whole day sweating, your body only sweats a certain amount every day! In winter i don't think you'll even notice the difference. I only gave it four stars as price wise it's a bit steep, i paid about AUS $15 for a 100ml bottle from an e-bay seller which included shipping, but considering a standard 50ml bottle of deodorant is about $5 anyway it really isn't too bad. I will definitely try the rose variety if it's available for the price, but i think the strong fragrance actually suits the purpose of this product very well. I really think you should give it a try, and at the end of the day it's a spray bottle so if it's not for you you could pass it on to a friend who might love it!

on 1/6/2010 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I only use this occasionally, but my boyfriend wears it daily in the colder months (he switches to the citrus in the summer). I love the scent--herbal, natural, and kind of sexy (but that might also be due to the man wearing it :). It works well for him, and when I borrow it, it seems to control odor very well for me, too. I also like that it's a spray rather than a stick.

on 12/26/2009 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When the Wild Rose is sold out, I buy this product. It is strong and works better than the Citrus deodorant. But, the scent sometimes mixes with my clothes and smells funky. I always use these over Liquid Crystal because alone, they are not enough.

on 2/11/2009 5:17:00 AM

It smells quite strong and it worked really well in the beginning. My body seemed to get used to it after awhile and then it stopped working. Otherwise I would have given it a better review.

Top Rated Weleda Products