Chanel Poudre Douce 50 Mimosa

3.7

on 12/5/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love how it sets my makeup! It looks amazing compared to any other powder it gives me that glow affect

At first I hated it. I used the little brush and then a puff and the application was horrible, I got dark patches all over my face, although it's a light shade. I put it away and recently, when I decided to start using my stuff, I rediscovered it. Now I apply it with a kabuki and at the moment it's my favorite powder. The color on me is a neutral beige/ivory, not too white or too dark. The powder feels very silky and soft. It has tiny shimmering particles, which are invisible on skin. It has no coverage (this is not its purpose anyway), but it really gives me a glow. I found out that it works best over Mat Lumiere fluid - amazing oil control all day through!

the consistency & colour are great - abandoned the brush idea & brought a puff to use. I use it half way through the day to touch up - love the fact its so fine & gives a luminous quality. You can also touch up many times without it becoming chalky looking or building up like a clown.
I probably will purchase again - but wish they would include a puff inside the compact itself so its all contained. Agree with other reviewers that it is very annoying rumaging around for the brush!
At the end of the day you cant beat Chanel make-up!

on 3/9/2008 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I am not sure why this got bad reviews here :( I personally love this one, both colour and quality. It is a perfect shade, not like Rosee which is ridiculously whitening and not Peach which makes you look tanned.

It goes on great, very smooth and controls oil just fine. I love the pouch and brush, and don't mind them being separate. Love this powder.

i dont know why i bought this! i wasted my money for nothing! this makes my face sooo oily! uuuggghhh!

on 8/26/2007 8:46:00 PM

I honestly have no idea what this is for. It doesn't set foundation or control oils. It doesn't mattify or highlight. So what is it for? It doesn't contain nearly enough shimmer or luminescent powder to make my skin glow or hide imperfections. The packaging is also terrible, a real shocker from Chanel. The giant brush is separate from the compact so when you reach into your bag, you have to rifle around to look for the other half of the package. It also has no staying power whatsoever. If anything, the fact that it does nothing just highlights (no pun intended) the fact that i can't even tell its there.

on 12/5/2006 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder is very soft and sheer. It doesn`t hide any imperfections, but corrects with the help of light reflecting pigments. Mimosa is much softer than Metheorites (Mythic). You don`t see shimmer om you skin, just light highlighting effect. The brush is very soft, but it is shedding a bit. It`s a pity that it doesn`t come in the same contaner as powder itself, quite unconvenient.
I`ll buy it again, but in some other shade.
EDIT: It made me break out... So I had to give it away to my friend...

Recommended for Normal Skin