October 31, 2014 | 1254 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Liquid Leather

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Liquid Leather is a nice black creme nail polish that is opaque in one coat. It dries pretty quickly as well. This is usually my go-to black nail polish when layering glitter nail polishes on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by anniebonanzie

I'm shocked that people are saying this goes on sheer. I've never had a black polish this opaque and color rich, and I've been painting my nails black for ages. It dries pretty quickly too. It's the only black polish I'll buy ever again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best Black nail polish! (Yes, it is a regular nail polish, for the last reviewer, this is not a gel polish so of course it was bull when you added the Ph Bond) It creates a clean black opaque colour in just one coat, so its great for a quick manicure. It also dries fairly quickly. The only downside would have to be the $7 price tag which I think is pricey, but still worth it if you want to invest in a good black polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Julesbee2249

This was the worst "gel" color I've ever had. Like every one else I only got this because Sally's was having a buy 1 get one free. The sales lady said that you don't need basecoat before you put this on. Bull. It started separating all over my nail. Before I put this on I even used a gel cleanser & pH bond. Whole nail was dry & it still messed up. Never again will I buy this product. Stick to Gelish!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by AmyMendoza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had no intention of buying this color but I bought it because Sally's was having a buy 2 get 1 free. I had picked up China Glaze Recycle & Pelican Gray. As I was standing there trying to decide what color to get I remember I no longer had a black nail polish after I smashed my Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out (dont waste your money!) so I decided to give this a try & I'm glad I did! It was opaque in one coat & it was so glossy! I read other reviews & was surprised that most people said it needed 3 coats. Unlike other black nail polishes the 1st coat doesnt dry matte gray! I put 2 coats to bring out the shine!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by murdock99tx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect black creme. Applies easily. Shiny with top coat. 3 coats on this one (normally, China Glazes only need 2).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was in the market for a new black nail polish after my old bottle turned into jello, so I headed to Sally Beauty and picked up China Glaze's Liquid Leather and some of the quick-dry topcoat.
Being sort of crazy about trying stuff the second I buy it, I decided to paint my nails in the car in the parking lot, just for kicks. Everything went better than expected.
First off, I noticed how opaque this varnish is. Usually, black varnishes come out extremely sheer and require several coats to reach opacity, but not this. First coat was mostly opaque, and the second coat added shine and dimension. It looked gorgeous, even without a base coat underneath. It also dried unbelievably fast for me.
I skipped a top coat (I was in the car, which is no place for a full on mani), and my nails are still quite glossy and haven't chipped. Note: my natural nails are prone to chipping unless I've done three coats, capped the nail, and used two layers of top coat, so this is quite surprising.
I like the slender brush. Those big one-stroke brushes tend to be far too wide for my tiny nails, so a thinner brush is preferred. And unlike the packaging of Sally's less expensive brands, I feel like the cap is secure, which makes comfortable with carrying it in my purse for touch-ups on the go.
Price isn't bad at all. It's cheaper than any nail polish you'll get at Sephora, and the quality outranks them all by a longshot. At least in my opinion.
Definitely my new HG black varnish!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by kometlorry

I really wanted to love this polish since the reviews were so great. However, although it looked nice and applied nicely, it didn't dry!!! I love doing nail art, but it's pretty much impossible to do with a polish that doesn't dry. Going to try out opi black onyx.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kas22782

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only black I own and I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Liquid Leather (China Glaze) is one of the most loved black cremes in the polish world and with good reason. It does require three coats for the perfect opaque build up but it feels like no bother when the result is gorgeous and shiny black as black nails. It's glossy on its own, which was quite impressive but a top coat only improves it. I love this polish as a base or worn by itself.