July 29, 2014 | 1554 users online

Treatments - Deborah Lippmann - Nail Essentials Cuticle Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

This is actually the first cuticle oil I've ever used. I am a chronic cuticle-picker and thought that taking care of them would break me of the habit. It works well--it is extremely moisturizing and absorbs quickly. The coconut smell is great but very subtle. One little drop on each finger is more than enough (I just use the brush, not the dropper that also comes with it). My picked-at cuticles healed faster when I applied this product. I use it at least once a day now and it keeps my cuticles in good shape. I even applied it to a dry patch on my neck and the dryness was gone the very next day. The only aspect I don't like is the price--$20 is steep for a cuticle oil. As you only need a drop for each finger, though, it should last you a long time. I would certainly repurchase, but only when I have extra money to blow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this cuticle oil. I own or have used many other cuticle oils and I like this one best. As others have mentioned it smells divine, as does Mango Magic and many others I'm sure. What sets this one apart is the fact that it is readily absorbed, leaving my cuticles looking healthy and hydrated without leaving a sticky, oily residue. I have a mini bottle (8ml) that came as part of the Fast Track set but I will definitely repurchase a full size bottle when I use this one up. The only downfall is the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells great! One application was enough to take my cuticles from dry and cracked to smooth. I'm sure I'll have to use it more than once in a great while to keep my hands looking good, but it isn't greasy and smells good, so I don't mind doing that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by marshmellow_mocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of the product, it is sort of vanilla/coconut smell. Keep me in good mood after each applications. Also it absorbs well and quick after applications.
I also like the product application tube. The tube is in quite small size so it dispenses just the right amount of product as compare to other cuticle oil I have used before. Definitely will re-purchase.....when I finally use it up which I think will take quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by efrazier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It smells great to. I apply it after washing my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by prcdnvl28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I admit that I do not take proper care of my hands and cuticles, so cuticle oils like this highly moisturizing one really save my nails in the winter. This product works well (esp. if you use it regularly) and smells heavenly. It is fairly expensive, but I have been using the same bottle for months and have barely made a dent in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by annelau

Smells good, very moisturizing and easily absorbed plus it actually helps to prevent new cuticles. I think a bottle can last at least 6 months for two applications daily (hands and feet). It really penetrates fast and does not leave my fingers oily and dirty. Highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore Lippmann products in general, and this one is no dissapointment.

It has a nice light coconut smell, moisturizes nicely and I love the bottle.

I used up my mini and just purchased a full size. It lasts so long that the price doesn't seem horrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this out as part of a "buy one, get one free" deal at the Lippmann counter at Nordstrom's, choosing it because I was out of my regular Sally Hansen cuticle oil. I wouldn't have tried it if it hadn't been a freebie, because $18.00 US is a lot to pay for cuticle oil (although I don't mind paying that for a unique, top-quality polish, and Lippmann makes a couple of them). This is a very good product, though, it absorbs into the skin rather than staying greasy on your fingertips, and the slight coconut fragrance is pleasant, very subtle and dissipates quickly. I don't find it any more moisturizing than cheaper brands, it does a good job, and I really like how fast it absorbs, but...the price is steep, so I think I'll be going back to Sally Hansen when the bottle's empty. A good product, but not worthy of the pricetag, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Lola_Bear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is BY FAR the best cuticle oil I have ever used. HG material here. The best thing about this cuticle oil is that it does not contain drying fragrances and alcohols that so many others do. At the same time, it is non-greasy and absorbs beautifully. The only ingredients are jojoba, vitamin E, and coconut esters. While it may be overpriced for some, I am really happy with the results, and I don't care. I don't mind paying $18.00 for my HG.