December 22, 2014 | 943 users online

Lip Gloss - Kevyn Aucoin - The Elegant Lip Gloss in Anastasia

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Purchased in 2 shades at 50% off at a local retailer. Would not have purchased at full price otherwise since $23 each is pricey in my book for a lipgloss. Anastasia is a beautiful deeply pigmented rose, perfect for work. Molasses is a dewy soft peachy pink, very girly, that kind of kissy-lip shiny Victoria's Secret shade (who doesn't want that!). The colors are great, the formula is inconsistent. Anastasia was smooth, balm-like, and wore away evenly with no residue after 2 hours, decent for a lipgloss. Molasses was a mess, totally sticky, slightly drying, and left behind the dreaded white crust after an hour (so gross but the most accurate description). Packaging is elegant w/a mirror, but lint gets in there despite a satisfying snap closure, really needs a screw lid to prevent lint. Would not purchase again though I hope he makes a full lipstick with that same Anastasia shade!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Came across a new Kevyn Acoin display in my local Sephora, and I just needed to buy something. I couldn't find a lipstick that I liked enough to purchase, and this gloss caught my eye. What a great color..can't say I probably don't have something similar, but it looks great on my lips..I have (I think) quite a bit of pigment, and this cool, deep rose with a bit of brown to tone it down is the perfect "my natural shade, but one step up". It looks natual and adds color without screaming "COLOR"..not too pink or red. It does seem to leave a stain behind, either that or it's irritating my lips, because there is a hint of color that stays on way past normal gloss or even lipstick, Actually, it is more of a lipstick than a gloss..not sticky, very smooth, can use a little or a lot, long lasting,moisturizing and not too much shine. Very natural looking and not over the top, I took away a lippy for a couple of reasons...although I love gloss, I prefer the usual internal doefoot applicator (although it probably wouldn't work with this due to the texture), having to tote around the brush and pot is a pain...fingers are easier, but having said that, it's a decent brush so far. The other reason is the effing price!!! I paid it, but seriously doubted my sanity after...$27 is absolutely silly for a small pot of gloss. Kevyn's Estate is going to kill the brand if they don't get real...althought if morons like me keep paying for it, they will keep charging. I also bought a NARS gloss...and both cost over $50!!!! I say we all go on strike until the cosmetics industry gets real. Oh well...sorry for the rant. It is a nice gloss, if you are in the demographic to buy it. As much as I like it...won't buy again....can find something similar for less, I'm sure. I never finish anything, anyway....:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by AnApologyFromEllenOlenska

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Again, thank you Sephora sales associate for introducing me to this product and to the Kevyn Aucoin line in general. I'll get the bad out of the way first--the brush. I tossed the retractable brush included with this gloss because, well, it sucked. After two days I got tired of fishing out the random stray brush bristle embedded in my pot of gloss, so out it went. One more bad--the price. I think I paid at least $22 for this. It's a great product, but $22? Guess they're quite proud of themselves. Okay the good--MLBB color. Gorgeous color. Matches my lips to perfection (mine are fairly pigmented to begin with). And like other reviewers have said, it leaves a slight stain behind once the initial applied color has worn off, which is nice. And it's not sticky, which is always good. I took off a star because of the ridiculous pricetag, but ridiculous me will probably end up buying this gloss again because I like it that much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely, lovely gloss (and I'm not a gloss girl). I find the color to be a medium-deep dusty rose--MLBB for my pigmented lips. The texture is marvelously thick and creamy (but non-sticky) so it wears much longer than most glosses and leaves behind a nice stain, it applies easily, and is quite moisturizing, which makes the lips look fuller--impressive for a non-shimmery gloss. I think they must have read the complaints about the accompanying brush, because mine has not shed at all and is of very good quality. Although I detest pot glosses in general, I'll make an exception for this one because of the lovely texture, moisture, color, ease of application, and the fact that it comes with its own brush. It is truly an elegant gloss! I highly recommend this, despite the price, for those who look great in cool tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love the texture of this gloss and the color. Its a creamy, moisturizing and intensely pigmented gloss. The color of Anastasia is a deep pinkish plummy brown nude. This is a great color for me as I'm fair and can wear it sheered out or a little thicker for more intensity. The texture of this product is really the selling point for me and of course I love the color too. But it sort of stains my lips, so even after the glossiness has worn off I still have some color and it comes with a pretty decent retractable lip brush for application. Very pricey and I don't think I'll be buying other colors as this one is a real winner for me as its versatile. I've had a problem with some cool toned nude lipsticks giving me a greyish cast, but that is not a problem for me with this color. It seems like a really great neutral to me. For reference, I'm NC 20 with a neutral to warm skintone. Paid $27 at a local boutique that carried Kevyn Aucoin, but can also be purchased at KevynAucoin.com. The price is truly too high IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I too purchased this on beauty.com impulsively --- the color is described to be a "cool toned pink" and on the website it looked to a be a pretty dusty rose shade. I sampled a bit, and although I do love the creamy satin finish (non sticky for a gloss!), the color is much too muted for me. It has almost a greyish/lavender cast to it which completely washes me out. When it comes to pinks, I need colors that have a bit more pop. Won't be repurchasing "Anastasia", but I'll definitely check out the other shades available. (This also includes a retractable lip brush -- very handy!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 1:25:00 AM More reviews by triangleX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this from beauty.com without having ever tried this on, so lucky for me my gamble was worth it! i had read about it in Lucky magazine and it sounded so beautiful i just had to try it. i am so fair skinned that the majority of cool toned colors can make me look ghastly. but there's something so sophisticated about cool toned pinks! this gloss is so beautiful and it really looks stunning on my fair skin. i don't look washed out and it isn't too pale of a pink. the color is subtle enough to be a somewhat-nude but deep enough to be interesting. this is not as sheer of a gloss as i am used to....it seems more like a light, creamy lipstick. but it's not sticky or tacky or thick and it feels incredible on. i am so glad i bought this. i feel so sexy in this color. i like the little red tin it comes in too but the lip brush is kind of flimsy. other than that small complaint i love it!