Everyday Minerals Pick Me Up Concealer

4.2

Not tested on animals

on 4/19/2009 12:39:00 AM

Who would have thought pink could cancel out red? I was a bit skeptical but after reading all these wonderful MUA reviews I decided to add it to my Free Sample Kit (which is awesome!) and I'm glad I did! It really does get rid of the redness in my cheeks and helps diminish the dark circles underneath my eyes. It provides a nice canvas for my foundation, doesn't cake, and blends smoothly. Would I buy this product again? Yes, yes, yes!

on 1/6/2009 12:08:00 PM

I tried to use it as a concealer for my under eye area and to be honest it did not work for me - it does not really conceal much and the look it too powdery for my taste - all wrinkles imediatelly highlighted... it is a nice product though and I think I will try using it as other reviewers are suggesting as an oveall face powder for a subtle glow.

I still prefer using liquid formulas for under eye circles though...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this as a concealor, but I love using it on my eyes as an eye shadow base for the other EDM shadows. In a way, I guess it DOES conceal the slight red tint that my eye lids have. As far as I'm concerned that's just a side effect!! I love the way it keeps my lids from getting too oily and keeps the shimmer and pearl shadows on :)

on 10/27/2008 1:39:00 AM

I don't use this very much, but some days when I want a more porcelain/airbrushed look, I do go for Pick Me Up concealer. I'll also use it to tame the red spots on my face sometimes and it does a fairly good job of it but I still prefer the Mint concealer for redness though.

Overall, a worthy product to have.

on 7/11/2008 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I, like some other reviewers, use this as an all-over face powder rather than as a concealer (what would this be concealing, exactly?)... and I have to say that I LOVE it! It's such a subtle product, and I almost have to wonder what it is about it that makes me covet it so much... until I see the effect it has.
I was a little skeptical at first seeing as how it was almost the same shade as the sample blush that I ordered... but I dipped my large kabuki brush in a little bit of the pick-me-up, and buffed it into my face (after putting on my foundation)- concentrating on my cheeks in particular - and the effect was just lovely. It gives a wonderful pink sheen/glow to the skin, and makes you look dewy, fresh, awake, and like a porcelain doll.
I would highly recommend it... and with EDM's amazing free sample deal, why not?! Their samples last *forever*... it's incredible how many times I've done a full face of foundation using just those little sample jars.

on 6/25/2008 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the most awesome face brightener I've ever used. No mica, no sparkle, no metallic shine, just glow. I use it as concealer, as a refresher, and all over my face after my foundation but before dusting on finishing powder. I also use it as eyeshadow. I've found that Everyday Minerals products almost all do double or triple duty. I use Samba Lesson eye shadow as an eye liner, and use Apple blusher as a lip enhancer. I put a little lip moisturizer on my lips and then take a brush and dab Apple on. Presto Voila! Perfect lip color for me.

I love the Pick-me-up Pink Pearl also - I use it as a highlighter and as an eyeshadow. I have very deep-set eyes, and it helps make them pop, particularly when used with Cool Breeze, blended well and then believe it or not - Samba Lesson as a smudged liner. I also use Samba Lesson as a brow color - I just brush a teeny bit on.

For those who complain about the products being messy to use - it takes practice to use these efficiently if you've never used mineral makeup. It IS messy the first few times, but once you get your technique down, you'll minimize the mess. :)

Note: Brushes need to be cleaned frequently, otherwise they will stiffen up.

on 5/3/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ooooh this stuff is GORGEOUS. It takes my skin from airbrushed and pale to absolutely glowing. There's no sparkle in it so there's no super glow overload and it's so light that you can use it ALL over your face. In fact don't forget to do that. It's not blush and won't show up like blush. It's just a subtle glow. Gorgeous. No foundation job is finished without this! And for the people who are saying this should cover blemishes, that is NOT what it is meant for. Blemishes are pink, so is this (but it won't make blemishes stand out)! This isn't supposed to provide coverage at all. It's supposed to just add a little glow.

on 5/3/2008 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I sometimes have the feeling that my blood is not moving inside, especially in the morning without a good night sleep. That's the time one can go overboard with their foundation & stuff. Looking like a zombie for the rest of the day or swept a light coating of "Pick Me Up" on the skin ..... suddenly things comes alive.
The price is dirt cheap and the effect is so amazing. No sparkle, not chromy, totaly believable health on my NC 30-35 skin, yellow-beige skin. I can even skip the foundation & proceed with this product. Very nice EM.

on 5/2/2008 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as an all-over face powder on days I need extra help in brightening up my face, and it works. It REALLY works. I can see a difference immediately although its pretty subtle. I'm already intending to add this to my must-have list from EM when my sample size runs out!

on 4/22/2008 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was skeptical about how a pink powder was going to help cover redness, but it actually did. I ordered it because I thought it might make a cute all-over color, but it does seem I can use it to tone down the redness on my chin and around my lips. I really thought pink would make the redness more pronounced, but it seems to work. By no means does it work to conceal blemishes, but its not a miracle worker. Blemishes really require a skintoned color, not pink. Its worth adding into a free sample kit, although I don't know that I'd purchase a full-sized version. Its not an everyday neccessity, but worth it every now and then when you really need a boost.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products