December 18, 2014 | 1831 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush - Peach Perfection

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

This product is very shimmery, even the contour color. It has a reddish color to it which I wouldnt say is great for contouring...it is average to good for walgreens products but overall this doesnt do it for me. The highlight is very very shimmery and has almost no color to it which sounds great but it really isnt dramatic enough to highlight well. I do not recomend this product for contour/highlight and I believe there are better products out there for a similar price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I did a double take when I saw all the good reviews. And then I checked the bottom of my CG compact to make sure it was the same product. . .

And I just don't get this product at all. While we all have different taste in make-up, this "contouring blush" is unflattering, way shimmery and just not for me. I love a natural healthy flush, soft and slightly dewy skin . . .but this is like metallic silver specks of glitter all over my face. No thank you.

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Pigmentation is surprisingly decent and showed up on my olive/yellowish NC42 skin.
- nice range of shades
- I'm going to guess they reformulated CG blushes because they no longer have that awful talcum powder perfume, a good choice on their part.

Cons:
- SHIMMER for DAYS. I swatched this on my arm next to NARS Albatross highlighting powder, MAC's Naked eyshadow (which is considered a "frost" shadow) and even MAC's cream colour bases in Shell and Pearl, Revlon SkinLights, SK Higlighting Stick, Benefit's high Beam and more - The CoverGirl had shimmer/glitter pieces that were at least *double the size of any other product* Double. All of them. And it's supposed to be a blush and yet has more shimmer than eyeshadows and every highlighting product I own. I'm not a fan of huge chunky sparkles, I prefer a natural dewy look or slight microshimmers that are barely there - Peach Perfection is subtle only in dim lighting or in poor bathroom lighting, the minute I went outside or was in office lighting it looked really bad and low quality. I would probably like this if CG could please just tone down the shimmer!
- tons and tons of fallout. With one soft sweep, my counter was covered in shimmer.
- chalky, dry (but it is workable)
- all 3 shades equally shimmery and sparkley, you get no break from all the shimmer
- looks very unnatural

Obviously I won't repurchase, and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. . .I think it would be fine for going out at night somewhere there is poor lighting but other than that it's a thumbs down from me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Lexilovesyou132

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In terms of packaging, its pretty generic. Plastic, but it is drugstore so it didnt bother me. The first thing i noticed is the smell. It smelled like old makeup. Weird. Theres 3 shades. A contour, blush, and highlight. All of them have shimmer. I thought the contour and blush were too orangey. The highlight really did work for me. It wasnt too shimmery or glittery and suited me pretty well. I would not buy the product again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great blush. A bit of shimmer/sparkle, but that only shows up on sunlight. VERY pigmented- you only need a little bit! But it blends in very nicely and it works well for my skintone. I'm not sure about the different colors- I've tried using the lighter pink as a highlight but it doesn't seem to particularly work for that purpose? Anyway I love the blush part.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after a MARATHON SHOPPING day! I just could not make a decision on a h/e peach/coral blush and out of pure exhaustion bought this. I thought I can play around with the different tones and see which tone looks best on me.

I'm so glad I bought this! It is decent quality. I like that I get three colors in one package. The lightest shade is meant to be a highlight shade and has more shimmer but not obnoxiously so.

The brush is junk - expected from d/s products.

Does this wear as long as NARS? No. Is it 90% less expensive? YES.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time I bought this blush, I swirled my normal amount onto my blush brush and swiped my cheek lightly. The ensuing gasp of horror sent my fellow running into the bathroom to see what was wrong.

Now, I am super pale, but this blush is practically neon on my cheeks. The two darker colors are so intense that the tiniest dab suffices - great pigmentation, but just a horrific color on me. Just very... unnatural coral. Apparent "she's wearing sooo much blush"-blush.

Be warned if you're pale - but it makes GREAT stage makeup, theater ladies - not too much sparkle.

The lightest color is a pleasant - but not blush-worthy - pink. I do use it for highlighting, but if I tried to contour with the other colors I'd be right out of an 80s fever dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great blush for young ladies who aren't looking to break the bank for good quality. I loved the varied colors however I only needed to use the darkest color on the apples of my cheeks. I also loved that I could use the illuminating color in the corners of my eye and also as a highlighter under the arch of my eyebrow after filing them in with a brow pencil. So much usage for this product. It really gets the job done.
Like all makeup nothing is perfect and the only bad thing about it is that you have to reapply every few hours or so if you're out for a long time. Good buy =) and also blends well on medium/sandy/tan shades

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For some reason I always avoided peach anything,, BUT this was in my color match bit so I picked it up and wow.. I do have have instant cheekbones.. and here is how I use it,, I take the little brush that comes with it and when i'm making a fish face I brush the darkest shade in the hollow indent bit and sweep up towards my ears and blend a lil with my fingers and then I take the lightest shade and making the same fish face brush it on the very top rims of my cheek bones the arch and lastly I take a big fluffy brush and smiling brush the middle shade on my apples and up towards my hairline/ears , it looks fantastic and the colors are buildable if you like your blush lighter or darker , I had been using bronzer for the indents but with this it's the contour , highlighter and main blush in one pan so easy to use and carry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really not bad, just not right for me--I'm 43 and don't care for the shimmer. I bought it on a trip when I forgot to pack my makeup, and picked it up at a drugstore to have a little color on my face. I'll use it up--pretty color, just need a light hand. For reference, I find that Mac's Blushbaby is ideal. It gives a little color and looks like you're not wearing makeup. If they took the shimmer out, I would probably buy it again for the hue. It lasts well.
**UPDATE: I now use this with a swipe across all three colors and get a beautiful peach-hued highlight. No contoured cheekbones, but it certainly does add some life (shimmery color) to the face. I like it!
***UPDATE: This has now become my "Waking Ned Devine" facial cosmetic. It truly gives your skin some "oomph" when you are really tired (which is most the time for me.) Again, I advise not to use this as a contour, but just as a highlighter-type glow. It is truly magnificent. I am therefore upgrading it to 5 lipsticks. Go get it, girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by fairlyblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Peach looks beautiful on my fair skin, so I gave this blush trio a try. The shades are beautiful! You receive a soft pink, a peach, and a coral color. These colors are build able, and add a slight shimmer, which adds a beautiful luminous glow. They should make these colors in cream blushes! They're fantastic!!!!