December 21, 2014 | 1297 users online

Lipstick - Paula's Choice - Sheer Cream Lipstick SPF 15 in In the Nude

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE BUT WAS ABLE TO USE IT MORE THAN ONCE.
This is neither nude nor sheer. In fact the color is a brick red mixed with brown. This does have broad spectrum protection with avobenzene for UVA protection which is rare. Although the color is nice it doesn't look like what's online or in the catalogue or look like what it is described and you can probably find a similiar color lipstick to this in the drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This lipstick is not moisturizing or sheer at all (in fact it is totally opaque on my lips) but is quite drying to my already very dry lips. The color is quite dark and not a pinky-nude at all on my pale skin. The shimmer in this is quite aging and totally unnecessary. I am glad that I bought a sample and not a full size, this looked like a totally different color from what was on screen. I love Paula's skincare and love the way she offers samples of everything, but this one was a total miss for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Beck666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ick, ick and ick. If your lips are a highly shimmery shade of pinky coral, then this is the nude for you. I couldn't wipe this stuff off quickly enough. Again, ick. The texture was fine, the price was OK but the color was just plain unfortunate.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love the "idea" of sunscreen in lip products but i can't get behind this or any other color of this product. the colors are very "typical". not really natural looking or subtle at all. and i didn't like the shimmer or the heavy feeling of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer who said it's not really nude but neutral. Definitely a nice look if you are medium tone skin. This is a "brown" but not an ugly brown - a nice "lippy" looking brown if that makes sense. Not dark or garish.

It also goes on nicely - covers well and not greasy or too sheer like you'd have to reapply it in 5 minutes.

This is every bit as good as MAC and maybe even better!

Plus if you buy in the next couple of days, free shipping!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by SnapesLove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just re-ordered this today. The adequate SPF is marvelous, and the color is a nice neutral. Its more "neutral" than "nude"...I envision a "nude" as being very pale beige, and "neutral" as being more lip-toned in a YLBB sort of shade. That's what this color is to me: A color that could go with any sort of makeup you'd want to wear, whether a lite swipe or two for a day at the amusement park, or layered more heavily for a nice dinner afterwards.

For daytime, I'd recommend the lite swipe or two for a simple but lovely "finished" look that doesn't scream "HI! I'M WEARING LIPSTICK!", especially if you will be outdoors, like at a barbeque or picnic. Applied in this manner, my own lips have lucious color with a soft shimmer.

For evening, though you may not need a sunscreen, this lipstick can be turned into a lucious "come hither and lets dance, dahling" look if applied with a careful but heavier hand than you would for day.

I've found that for either look, I can apply this without a mirror. Its a very versatile color IMHO, and I am looking forward to receiving my new one in a few days.

Once again, the sunscreen is adequate. Many that claim to be SPF 15 (which is the lowest level of sunscreen recommended) still do not have broad spectrum protection and can be misleading in that regard, but I know I can trust Paula's Choice products with sunscreen to have what the other claimants SHOULD have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! I LOVE this color! And I'm very picky about lip color. It's really not a nude, I don't know why they call it that, it's a little misleading. I would describe it as a brown-plum w/ shimmer and not too dark. Anyways, it looks great on my yellow-toned, light to medium asian skin. LOVE this color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Luckily, I got this in a sample. I don't care for browns, but thought I'd sample it. If you like browns you might like it, but this was the only 1 of these I've tried that left my lips feeling sticky. I tried it inbetween other colors and different occasions, but it still felt sticky and slightly dry, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 11:49:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been curious about Paula's Sheer Cream Lipstick for some time now, so I finally just ordered samples of all the shades to try them out before committing $10 to any of them. In the Nude is too dark and too brown for my very fair, cool-toned skin, but it would probably be good on someone with warmer and darker coloring than mine. Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 2%. Other Ingredients: VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tricaprylin, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Candelilla Wax, Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Ceresin, Polyethylene, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Paraffin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30, Red 33, Orange 5 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake. continued >>