October 22, 2014 | 1532 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense I-Color Volumizing Mascara- Raisin Quartz

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You cannot pay me to wear this again.

The following conversation took place 1 hour after I applied this "waterproof" mascara

BF: Why did you put glitter all over your eyes?
Me: What?
BF: You look like a preteen.
Me: I always go for that look.

UM NO. PLEASE. NEVER AGAIN.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by AJ1415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Um, it's sticky. Yea that's how I'd describe it. Not the worst mascara ever, but not good. Always get the Mabaline mascara in the pink bottle with the green cap, best mascara ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up in the shade Plum on sale - I think this is the one that replaced Raisin Quartz, which I'd been looking for for awhile with no luck. Anyway, this mascara is okay-to-good but it's not any of the things it is billed as being. Volumizing? No. The brush has long bristles with lots of space in between them - it does a lot more for lengthening and pretty much nothing for volume or thickness. The brush IS good for eliminating clumps though. The plum color? Not so much. It looks more like a soft brown on lashes, even if it does look a little bit plummy on the brush. The formula is buildable but dries semi-quickly. No flaking or running to report.

Despite it not living up to its name, it isn't the worst out there. My lashes look long and feathery, if on the thin side, and the color - whatever it is - is sort of soft and nice looking. I wouldn't buy it again but I will use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jeni4j

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara by far. I am having trouble finding it in my local stores now. I love the color. It goes so good with my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by nicebrite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite mascara I've ever used. I had to switch to hypoallergenic products and loved the colour of this one - not too dark, goes well with my colouring. I don't think it makes my eyes look GREENER, per sae, but they're a pretty muddled version of greengreyblue anyway, who cares. It goes on pretty well, apart from how I've never used a mascara wand that doesn't allow for some clumping, even though I only use one coat. This is one of the better ones, but it doesn't blow me away. Maybe I just have really codependent eyelashes.
I have actually received a couple of compliments on the colour - which I thought was odd, seeing as it's quite subtle, but probably a sign of how super it is!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was buy one get one half off, I wish I'd saved my money. The color was really nice, it made my eyes pop without being overdone. However it did absolutely nothing for my lashes. My lashes are quite long and full so I'm usually just looking for color since they're blonde. Even with the lack of a lash boosting effect It was still okay. What probably made me hate it was how clumpy and dry it became after only a few uses. Not to mention I hate the brush, I've seen better in dollar store mascaras.

Update- Gave it to my mom, she gets it to work and it looks great. I guess mascara is like everything else what doesn't work for one person works great for someone else.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by tsutherland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably the worst mascara i've ever bought. I wanted a colored one, and i already have the intense set for green eyes, so I figured i'd get the mascara too.

Ladies, this stuff is like liquid dirt. It seriously does not go on well. Its brush is minimal, and pools excess at the end of the tip (where there are no brissels, either.) The color is nice, but it doesn't show up too well (and i don't have dark dark eyelashes). I tried it with a booster, and laughed. It looked like i had sticks for eyelashes it clumped so bad (and the booster is lancome, works amazingly.)

Tried it without, and same deal. Just stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a redhead with eyelashes that are completely invisible without mascara.. Like many redheads I can't wear black mascara or even brown black, way too harsh. Purple mascara is my favorite and I have tried pretty much every one on the market.

As far as the color goes, this is one of my favorite purple mascaras. The 'raisin' color is a bit lighter than plum mascaras like the benefit one or the l'oreal, which I like since my skin and eyelashes are both very light. If you apply this over dark brown/black lashes you might not get much color payout, but applied over light lashes it makes the purple hue really show through more than darker plum shades, but at the same time it is subdued enough for daytime wear. (I also like the almay 'purple amethyst' mascara for brown eyes from this series, it is a dark cool-toned violet color, whereas this one is a lighter warm-toned purple)

Other upsides to this product is that it is cheap (not compared to run-of-the mill black mascaras, but compared to other purple mascaras). It has good staying power and water resistance yet washes off cleanly. Lots of people have complained about this applicator but personally I think its pretty good. This one is not as good as some others I have used but in general I like these silicone applicators.

The only downside really is that it has a tendency to clump, but this can be avoided if you warm it up a little bit before applying (I let the tube sit in a glass of really hot water for a minute or so before I apply)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has taken over as my favorite Almay mascara for a couple of reasons. First, it doesn't dry out as quickly as my old favorite, Intense-I-Color w/ Light Interplay Technology. Second, swipe some of this on and look at the color!

I have green eyes, so I bought the raisin quartz mascara. This isn't an in-your-face or inappropriate-for-work purple mascara. No, this is a lovely burgundy/wine-colored mascara that makes my army-green eyes look gorgeous. It's subtle enough to wear with a little bit of taupe or plum eyeshadow, and it's bold enough to match up with some green eyeliner and sparkly gold eyeshadow. Or anything else you can think of. It's as versatile for me as black mascara, and it's much more interesting.

I don't notice tons of extra volume, but then again I have blonde lashes, so almost anything is an improvement. This also holds a curl very well. My lashes don't get stiff and brittle. The only thing I don't like is that the formula is a bit goopy, so I have to use an eyelash comb most of the time.

This is also really easy to clean up, which is another reason it's my favorite. It doesn't flake at the end of the day and I don't lose as many lashes when I take my make-up off before bed.

Wearing contact lenses means I have to be careful with which mascara I wear. This is a great one for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by iamachristianjesusfreak

I love the color and the fact I only need to apply one coat. It doesn't clump in my lashes either! Goes great with my green eyes too. :)