April 20, 2014 | 1545 users online

Shampoo - A/G - AG Sterling Silver Toning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Toritoro

Definitely one of my favourite purple shampoos. I find it's not as drying as others and it does well when combating brassy tones. Even when I've left it in for long periods of time my hair doesn't turn purple or silver, but it still manages to get all the yellow tones out! (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is naturally off black and I color it an ultra light brown/dark blonde color. Lightening my hair so many levels causes it to become brassy over time. I've tried a few different brands of purple shampoos (John Frieda, Lush Daddy-O, Light Blue Shade) and this is one of the better ones by far. It's very pigmented and it removes all brassy tones from my hair. The color of the product is a deep blue-violet shade. I apply it, lather it and leave it in for about 3-4 minutes before rinsing it out. It is drying as most purple shampoos tend to be but I use their matching Sterling Silver conditioner and it restores the moisture balance to my hair. I use this once every other week and it keeps the brassy tones at bay. A must for anyone with bleached, highlighted or blonde hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lethslkiss20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo gives me so much breakage, it's not even funny. Joico's purple shampoo never did that. I'll stick with Joico's.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by tecnogrl

I love this shampoo and the Sterling Silver Toning Conditioner. Both products really get the brassiness out of my bleached hair and they smell great too! Also this does not leave me with purple hair like some other products do. The expense isn't bad either if you get it when the big liters are on sale at Ulta. This conditioner really gets the tangles out of my hair and leaves it soft and platinum blonde.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a purple/silver shampoo after I got my hair dyed to a dirty blonde and I picked this up from Ulta. I am SO glad I got it, this stuff is amazing! It helped bring down the brassiness from my hair and brought it down to a cool blonde.

I have had my hair this color for about 5 months now and I use this once a month and it gives my hair that extra shine and keeps it looking great. Seriously, if you are going blonde you need this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by laurista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo (along with it's conditioning mate) do a great job of brightening my newly blonde hair, but the shampoo dries it out. Pretty badly, actually. But after I condition, I have manageable hair resulting from my floppy virginy brown hair being overhauled by bleach. It's not perfect as a shampoo, but used once or twice a week, it is totally worthwhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good toning shampoo, especially for blondes. My hair I've used it for a few months and I've noticed less brassiness. This is very simillar tot he Aveda Blue Malva. Toning shampoos are quite drying so I have to use a really think conditioner (TIGI Dumb Blonde, Aveda Dry Remedy and the Aveda Dry Remedy Concentrate) to restore the moisture.

Also, rinse, rinse, RINSE the tub well after cause it will stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Dancetoittoday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo and conditioner. My hair is Blonde and I pay good money for it to look that way. LOL

This is the only Shampoo and Conditioner system that I have tried that work very well. It's amazing stuff and smells soooooooooo great!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyncleaveley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW if you highlight or color your hair and havent used this product you are seriously MISSING OUT! i buy the 1liter bottles thats how much i love it. It takes the brass out of my highlights if you are going to buy it please buy the CONDITIONER TOO its my fav it makes my hair sooo soft and silky. P.S. THE SHAMPOO DOES NOT DRY OUT MY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This does keep my highlights platinum but it dries my hair out so badly and it's pricey. I have almost the exact same results with the John Freida Sheer Blonde line, which works almost as well for half the price. I would not buy this again.