September 2, 2014 | 1091 users online

Shampoo - AG Hair Cosmetics - AG Sterling Silver Toning Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just recently colored my hair again after growing my hair out for a couple of years(my hair was platinum blonde). I decided to slowly go back to blonde and have recently rekindled my appreciation for purple toning shampoos. My hairdresser gave me some of her salons brand (Eufora) toner to put into my conditioner but I wanted to try some of the purple shampoos. I went on a hunt for some decent quality shampoos and was directed to AG. I was told that it was the most similar to Eufora in texture. I opted for the travel size bottle for 15$ Canadian, just in case I didn't like it. I love the smell, the color is deep purple and seems to be quite runny. I read the back of the bottle and was pleased that it was made in Canada.

The shampoo does not lather well at all. I had to use about twice as much than I usually do. I even mixed in some of my regular shampoo to add some lather. It also tangled my hair quite a lot more than my other shampoos. I put on a hair mask to add some moisture and it still felt like it was a giant knot.

For the price of this shampoo I expected a little more from it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love AG products, like.. a lot. They don't test on animals, they support women in third world countries, they're reasonably priced, and their products are made in Canada. How can you get any better than that?

I have overall red hair but a few weeks ago, my stylist and I decided to put some blonde peekaboos in. We did have to bleach my hair twice (not in the same visit), and amazingly my hair was not fried at all. And it lifted beautifully. I bought this purple shampoo to help keep the brassiness away, especially since it's summer time and my hair is seeing a lot of sun.
Well, it works pretty well, does it's job, keeps the yellow and orange tones away. However when I put this in my hair in the shower, it doesn't lather really at all, which is odd since it's about the only shampoo from AG that has sulfates in it. It also tangles my hair so so badly! I mean my hair tangles with shampoo anyway but not like this.. So because of that I only gave it two lippies. I feel like since it tangles my hair so much, it's caused a lot of breakage. The rest of my hair has grown significantly lately, with roots almost half an inch in only five weeks, but where the blonde peekaboos are, I have roots sure, but the length of hair hasn't really changed at all.. which is a tell tale sign for breakage. I'm going to finish this bottle of shampoo, just to get my moneys worth, but I don't think I will be repurchasing it unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Toritoro

Definitely one of my favourite purple shampoos. I find it's not as drying as others and it does well when combating brassy tones. Even when I've left it in for long periods of time my hair doesn't turn purple or silver, but it still manages to get all the yellow tones out! (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is naturally off black and I color it an ultra light brown/dark blonde color. Lightening my hair so many levels causes it to become brassy over time. I've tried a few different brands of purple shampoos (John Frieda, Lush Daddy-O, Light Blue Shade) and this is one of the better ones by far. It's very pigmented and it removes all brassy tones from my hair. The color of the product is a deep blue-violet shade. I apply it, lather it and leave it in for about 3-4 minutes before rinsing it out. It is drying as most purple shampoos tend to be but I use their matching Sterling Silver conditioner and it restores the moisture balance to my hair. I use this once every other week and it keeps the brassy tones at bay. A must for anyone with bleached, highlighted or blonde hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lethslkiss20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo gives me so much breakage, it's not even funny. Joico's purple shampoo never did that. I'll stick with Joico's.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by tecnogrl

I love this shampoo and the Sterling Silver Toning Conditioner. Both products really get the brassiness out of my bleached hair and they smell great too! Also this does not leave me with purple hair like some other products do. The expense isn't bad either if you get it when the big liters are on sale at Ulta. This conditioner really gets the tangles out of my hair and leaves it soft and platinum blonde.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a purple/silver shampoo after I got my hair dyed to a dirty blonde and I picked this up from Ulta. I am SO glad I got it, this stuff is amazing! It helped bring down the brassiness from my hair and brought it down to a cool blonde.

I have had my hair this color for about 5 months now and I use this once a month and it gives my hair that extra shine and keeps it looking great. Seriously, if you are going blonde you need this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by laurista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo (along with it's conditioning mate) do a great job of brightening my newly blonde hair, but the shampoo dries it out. Pretty badly, actually. But after I condition, I have manageable hair resulting from my floppy virginy brown hair being overhauled by bleach. It's not perfect as a shampoo, but used once or twice a week, it is totally worthwhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good toning shampoo, especially for blondes. My hair I've used it for a few months and I've noticed less brassiness. This is very simillar tot he Aveda Blue Malva. Toning shampoos are quite drying so I have to use a really think conditioner (TIGI Dumb Blonde, Aveda Dry Remedy and the Aveda Dry Remedy Concentrate) to restore the moisture.

Also, rinse, rinse, RINSE the tub well after cause it will stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Dancetoittoday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo and conditioner. My hair is Blonde and I pay good money for it to look that way. LOL

This is the only Shampoo and Conditioner system that I have tried that work very well. It's amazing stuff and smells soooooooooo great!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!