September 2, 2014 | 1664 users online

Eyeliner - Boots - No7 Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an eye liner fanatic so I like to try different brands. For years I have used Maybelline and love it but wanted to see if there was anything new on the market. I was at Target to buy another Boots product and picked this one up at a good cost but more expensive than Maybelline. So, it does not work well for me. It was rather transparent at times, flaky and did not have any staying power. I am going back. I will say that the packaging is not bad (I did not have the issues that others did) and the color (dark brown) was good but it did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by sofia9714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am surprised at the amount of negative reviews on this product! This eyeliner works really well for me. The applicator is easy to use and the product goes on smoothly. It doesn't dry so quickly that I can't rub it off when I make a mistake, yet it doesn't dry so slowly that it gets smudged. However, I do not have oily lids. If you do have oily lids I don't know how it would work for you. It is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by NoelleyS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try liquid eyeliner from Boots, a brand I have been happy with in other areas. This product is awful!
The price is a little higher, considering it is bought at Target here in the U.S., but it is Boots, which is generally good quality.
The packaging is normal for liquid liner, but the brush is tiny, flimsy, and too soft to make a steady consistent line. It does not pick up or hold the product well and requires several dips and coats just to get a thick enough line.
The eyeliner dries, breaks up around the eyes and then begins to flake off after just a couple of hours and looks terrible. Not only will it appear in tiny patches, like dotted lines around your eyes, but there will be flecks on your cheeks as it begins to disintegrate.
Do not waste you money - there are better products out there.
Will not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Not the best liquid eyeliner, but is usable. Does the job, but the brush is small, which is alright if you want a very thin line. I wouldn't pay full price for it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Cheriseeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate this! The brush is too little and barely picks up any product. Creates an uneven lines because the brush veers upward because its stiff but flimsy. You have to constantly redip the brush back into the pot for more because its so small it barely holds any product. I got the black, its not the most intense black.. very hard to get a nice precise line. Im usually very good with liquid eyeliner but even i cannot make this stuff look good. the formula is okay.. not the longest lasting.. will fade after 3 hours. Is not intense black as i want. The brush just totally sucks on this... I cannot express how much i hate the little flimsy thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by SugarAz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really terrible. The brush wash actually useless, and the liquid really cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Horrible product. Liquid is not pigmented enough making it incredibly difficult to create a black line. This is going in the trash. Try Physician's Formula liquid eyeliner or Maybelline waterproof -- both formulas are much blacker and brushes are pointy enough for precision lining.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated this liner. The brush is too soft and flimsy and makes it quite difficult to apply, and the product goes on a bit patchy, then dries and flakes off within a few hours. The product itself is too thin in my opinion, so you can't get a strong enough line unless you keep dipping the brush into the pot, which ends up taking ages. I find a firmer tip much easier to use, so I prefer the (cheaper) Rimmel liquid liner to this. The No 7 liner almost put me off liquid liner forever, and made me feel like I was just bad at applying it, when actually it is just a poor product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2007 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Nick_Tesla

Good wand, bad formula. Not NYC liquid liner bad, but then NYC's liquid liner is the cosmetic equivalent of the movie Glitter. Anyway, Boots's goes on a little streaky and flakes off in a few hours, but you will have a skinny, precise line at first. I say don't waste your $8. Buy a cup of coffee and a nice sandwich, or save up for a better liner; looks like this may be one of the few times it's worth the extra few dollars for a h/e product. For reference, I purchased it in black.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm originally from England so I was very excited when my local Target started stocking Boots No. 7 makeup. I wanted to pick up some items and I needed a liquid liner, so I chose this in black.

Overall, nice liner. This is very easy to get a precise line and the black is opaque. The consistency makes it easy to apply.

However, this liner flakes off after about 5 hours.