December 22, 2014 | 927 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - Indelible Wink Liquid Liner and Shadow Set

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by hehaho85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product! I am no good at putting on liquid eyeliners, but this brush makes it soooooo easy! Some ppl complain that the brush is too stiff, but in my opinion that is what helps me apply it without messing up. As long as you angle it side ways and don't try to apply it from the very tip of the brush, it goes on great! the key is the shadow on the other side- fills it in and makes it look fantabulous! Besides looking great, it really does stay on all day! But it will still easily come off with my makeup remover. The only bad thing about this product is that it is a bit difficult to apply to my lower lash line and i can't use it in my waterline like i like... other than that I Love Love Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by YUPP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As the previous reviews highlight, the application wand for this eyeliner is very hard to use. I agree that it is difficult to achieve a fluid line. However, if you have oily eyelids like myself, this eyeliner is a must! I have tried many eyeliners looking for something that would not smudge on the bottom of my eyes within a few hours of application. I was marginaly content with the Bobbi Brown eyegels, and even less with the Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils. This eyeliner surpasses both products in terms of staying power. However, Im not a fan of the Shadow part of the eyeliner, as when I smooth it over the eyeliner, the shadow will fall and smudge to my lower lids. Nevertheless, anyone that has oily eyelids should definitely try this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by yyou

You have to work really hard to this on, it is possible but just barely (once you get it on though it looks pretty good, the black pigment is really intense). That being said, the eyeliner is hard draw on smoothly, the tip is too fat/fuzzy/felty which amplifies all the micro-movements of your arm so you get a bunch of little bumps in your eyeliner, if you try to fix it with the power end its impossible to controll the width so you just make it worse...but if youre really careful, you can get away with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Romana003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Hmm- I admit I often feel guilty giving negative reviews, but I have to be honest- this product left me disappointed. I bought it in Sephora, where it had been recommended to me by one of the girls that work there (and it turns out, she was a Tarte representative, so now I know why she recommended it...)

I am skilled at putting on liquid liner- I use it every day to achieve the old-fashioned cat-eye look. So I like liners that can help me achieve that look- this liner, however, does not. The applicator is a felt-tip, but it is very, very stiff. It invariably "skips" when I'm trying to apply a line, and it doesn't hold enough fluid, so I have to keep re-dipping, or try to really tilt the applicator to get the fluid on the edges; this, however, this doesn't help with accuracy. It would seem that the product is intended for people that prefer a very thin, precise line, or people trying to create a smokey look (which the dry applicator on the other end of the wand is for), so maybe this product just was not for me and my tastes.

Speaking of the dry applicator on the other end of the wand, it is sort of like a felt crayon (if that makes sense?) Like, it has some color to it even if you haven't added any of the liner fluid to it. So that is really helpful for smudging. The thing is (and someone mentioned this)- the fluid liner rubs off easily when trying to apply more of it or trying to smudge it with the "smudger".

This might have been a fluke, but my packaging cracked too somehow. So the end of the wand with the "smudger" doesn't close well now because it got cracked. So maybe I had been unintentionally rough with it, but I just thought I would mention that anyway.

That said, I could have returned this product to Sephora, but I decided not to because 1) the color is a really nice, intense black (on me, it appears to dry shiny, but I don't mind too much) 2) it is very long-wearing (as long as one doesn't touch it!) 3) I carry it around in my purse for touch-ups- I love it for that because the felt-tip applicator, being stiff and fine, is very precise for this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by akimakeiya

I really like the idea of this as one reviewer said. I'm quite impressed by how the liner comes off so easily when I remove my makeup at night. This combo is perfect for smokey eyes. The only thing I dislike is that I wish it were cheaper, and came in more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by marisah

I loved the concept of this. But the liquid side is a total disaster. The tip on the applicator is awful. Mine bent and got all out of shape after two weeks, and now it's impossible to apply it anywhere near even.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by venusace138

The shadow is perfect for creating smoky eyes, as is the smudger it dispenses from.

The liner on the (literal) flipside however - what a shame! The felt tip dries up within seconds, making application a pain. Adding a fluid, consistant line is nearly impossible with it. Adding insult to injury, this liner will rub off if you attempt to go over it with an additional coat.

In all honesty, Prestige makes $5.00 felt tip liquid liner which is far superior.

I love the rich, intense shade of the black liner, but it lacks the quality I expect from a $22.00 designer product.

If you're a luxury product junkie like I am, spend an extra $6.00 and get Dior's liquid liner. It's just as dark, but with quality that justifies the expense.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product, both for a makeup artist and for a consumer. It is black as black can be, which is a must for my needs. I can't stand black that turns silver upon blending...

Both the liquid liner (which is similar to the Blinc liquid liner - tubing type) and the shadow are fantastic and very wearable. No smudging and it doesn't come off until you want to take it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this eyeshadow/liner duet a few weeks ago. I was looking for a good liquid eyeliner and a SA at Sephora reccommended that I try it. This is my first Tarte purchase. I was very impressed with the packaging. It is small and easily fits into my purse make-up bag. It has two parts: a liquid eyeliner and and a powder eyeshadow. I got the black. This perfect if you are like me and many days finish your make-up in the car. The liner is user friendly and the shadow smudges the line perfectly to erase any mistakes. My smoky eyes look perfect each time with this product. It is hard to make a mistake. When I don't have a lot to time to do my face, I use this for my eyes to give a very finished look. I don't remember the exact cost, I think it was $22. I will definitely purchase again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by rp77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this eyeliner, and it looks like it's going to be my HG already! It truly does last all day, without smudging a bit. It's very easy to apply. I love intensity of the color (I bought the black one). It is expensive, but it's worth the money in my opinion. I will re-purchase this product again in the future.