July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Whipped Shadows in Whipped Topaz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unfortunatley I can't buy this again because it's LE! Like the previous reviewer noted, Whipped Topaz is a slightly pinked taupe and very flattering on the eyes. It's a rather soft cream that does seem to set and not crease up. I put it over a MAC Paint and put a loose Prestige e/s over top and it works very nicely for brining out the colour of the e/s.
I got this on clearance but if I find another I'd like to pick it up as well. Super soft to the touch, easy to blend. Why is all the good stuff always LE?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Is this really a limited edition? That would be a shame, because I'd like to buy it again. This was an impulse purchase for me on the way to the cash register at Duane Reade, but I've been very pleased with it. The "whipped shadow" is a cream shadow that actually feels slightly wet on the fingertip, but it's very easy to spread across the eyelid and it dries to a dewy, shimmery finish that actually stays in place and lasts well. (I'm wearing it over Lumene eyeshadow base, which I wear every day.) I think of topaz as a golden brown, but this shade is really a soft, slightly pinkish taupe. It's a very flattering color, with very fine silvery particles, and it can be applied sheerly or more thickly for fuller coverage. A really nice surprise!