July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Wipes

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I have dry, normal, olive-toned skin.
After reading the reviews on MUA I thought I'd try these bad boys out for removing makeup. Up until now I have been a religious user of the Johnson Daily Essentials Facial Cleansing Wipes for normal skin. These wipes were moist enough to wipe off most of my makeup (which I didn't mind, as I then use my Clarisonic for a deeper cleanse at night) but wouldn't do much for eye makeup, particularly mascara, despite their claim that the wipes could remove waterproof mascara (I only wear normal mascara, and they had trouble removing that). But hey, they are a good wipe and I stuck to them for a long time.
Then I discovered Johnson's baby wipes, and boy am I impressed. Not only are these wipes just as moist as the makeup removing ones, but the cloths are that bit bigger, which is great for when you just run out of room on one wipe but feel it would be wasteful to grab for another. These smell amazing too, and remind me of childhood! Or babyhood should I say...and they make my skin feel, without surprise, baby-bum smooth. There is no heavy, oily residue that some wipes can leave (which I cannot stand), and for those lazy nights when you can't be bothered going through your skincare regime, just whip one of these out, and with a quick few swipes across your skin and you're good to go.
What's even better is the amount of wipes you get in a pack - 80 wipes cost me about $4.50 (roughly 5c a wipe), where I was paying $6 for the makeup remover wipes that came in packs of 30 I think (roughly 20c a wipe) - that's some significant saving! Also, I bought my pack that came in the free pink tub, so this now sits wedged in my bathroom drawer, which helps for easy access and freshness.
So, in short, if you're looking for something that does the job but doesn't break the bank, these are definitely an option. There is also a fragrance free alternative I believe for those with more sensitive skin, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using these to remove my make-up for years! And i've never experienced any breakouts of acne in that time. There easy to use, smell nice and don't irritate my eyes or face. They take off make-up great, sometimes its difficult to take off waterproof mascara so I use a little eye-make up remover instead. I also use these to clean my make--up brushes, so quick and easy. And there only a £1 for a pack which is a bargain - I have repurchased over and over :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by prettycunning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a lazy way to remove my make up and noticed these baby wipes were on special offer. I have pretty sensitive skin, but I figured; they use these things on babies, right? They must be gentle! Wrong.

My skin had a terrible reaction to this product -- just minutes after using my whole face was red, burning and seriously inflamed. It was painful to the touch. I tried patch testing with them again later just to be certain it was them causing the problem - and it definitely was.

Further research revealed I was not the only one to encounter this problem with this product. Suffice to say -- I will not be putting them anywhere near my face (let alone a baby's) in the foreseeable future. Frankly, I wouldn't even want to use them on my baby's butt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I use to use the Johnson & Johnson's baby wipes before and despite what other MUA reviewers say, I found these hopeless at removing makeup. It wasn't just only the J&J brand, it was baby wipes in general.
However I still continued using these baby wipes, they may not be good for remving makeup but they are absolutely fantastic for cleaning makeup brushes after use.
I'm really particular with hygiene, for me I find it extremely disgusting to use a makeup brush and not clean it right away(This is just me). I undertsand in the morning/or after you do your makeup you dont have the time to clean them right away. Personally I find it a hassle to always wash your brushes under sink etc and wait for them to dry before use, and sometimes, they dont even dry in time for the next use or they could loose their shape after excessive washings.
I always leave a pack of baby wipes on my makeup table(Most of the time J&J brand, but any will do), after I finish using my makeup brushes, I quickly clean them with the wipes(Takes about 1 min or 2). I always have clean brushes to use next time when I do makeup, no more dripping wet brushes, and my brushes never loose its shape.
These baby wipes are relatively inexpensive and their is a ton of other ways to make them useful, I'm not going to list it all in this review.
Even though I clean my makeup brushes with baby wipes, and yes they do remove the bulk of the makeup from the brush. I also need to say I still do wash my brushes under the sink with brush cleaners, but not as often anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

well im just reviewing the concept of baby wipes in general instead of j&j wipes in specific. to be honest ive never purchased any j&j wipes because they are pretty expensive here ($8 for a packet of 60) so i buy the generic store brands instead. they come in a tub and has 150 wipes for $2 and change. the wipes themselves are quite thin (hence they are the thin version) but they are better value than the thicker versions ($2 and change for 80 wipes). i use them everyday and they are great!
-can be used to take off make up at the end of the night before i properly cleanse. i dont normally wear foundation on daily basis so baby wipes are fully awesome at taking off tinted moisturizer, powder and bronzer
-can be used to cleanse in the morning. im ususally too lazy to do a full cleasing routine in the morning so i just rub some coalface cleanser onto a baby wipe and get it frothed up then wipe my face with it followed by a clean wipe
-perfect for lazy nights when you just cant be arsed to go through the full cleasing routine
-perfect for cleaning up small stains on clothes ie make up that you accidentally rubbed off on your bf's clothes
-for spot cleaning brushes!
they do dry up or not stay moist if not stored properly. so what i do is storing my tub up side down to ensure that the moisture inside can get to the wipes that are on top!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MiriamRSmith92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these wipes because they were on offer and the same price as ones I would normally get, so I thought id try them just to use when ive finished my makeup and want to wipe off any makeup, like foundation or liquid liner that has got on my hands, does that job fine. But when I tried to take my make-up off with them, really was not happening, I had to scrub a bit, and I dont like doing that when removing my makeup, so I think I will stick to my garnier face wipes for removing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by LilyMonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Where should I start? Hm… How about with: I LOVE THIS!
Ok, this may be an exaggerated beginning, I know.
First of all, packaging may change from country to country. We (Portugal) have a pink and blue one, which says "gentle cleansing" and one is just pink, which is the same as the other ones, but without fragrance. I've tried both, basically the same, but I do still prefer the fragrance free because I hate smelly like babies, I do like the fragrance though.
Secondly, I never used any other wipes since I tried these and loved them, so I can't compare these to others. However, I can compare them to normal cleanser lotions which I've tried.

I prefer these to any other product I've tried, from Mario Badescu to L'oreal to Clean&Clear. Maybe it's because after cleansing you can see all the dirt in the wipes and it gives you an extra fresh feeling, knowing that all that is off your face.
I also feel my face a lot cleaner since I started using these wipes, and since they are a bit "scratchy" (I'm not sure about this word, it sounds a bit too harsh for this case, let's say it's a soft scratch) I feel it exfoliates skin at the same time and I have a softer skin as a result.
I also use them to remove makeup, and couldn't be happier about it. I use 2 wipes. One to get everything off and a second one just to be sure everything is 100% clean.

Talking about price, I think they are cheap. I pay €3-something for a pack of 3, each has 64 wipes. I takes me mostly 1.5 month to end a package because I also like to use the wipes to clean other parts of my body, for example, I love them for under your arms, on those sweaty days and you are always afraid to smell bad.
I always carry around one pack, since they are perfect for everything!

I recommend anyone trying it. Even if you then change to another brand.
Mostly, just try baby wipes, any kind of them.
I spent ca 3 years hearing about baby wipes and how good they are… but I never really believed it… until someday, I don't know why, I just decided to try them and fell in love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No, just no. Ok? Lol. I use baby wipes to remove eye makeup & am a Huggies Baby Wipe devotee. So when I couldn't find any in the supermarket I got Johnson & Johnsons. WHAT THE HELL???!!! They are terrible to remove makeup! First of all they are tough to remove anything, you need to scrub your face/eyes to remove (or more truthfully smudge) any makeup. The wipes are thinner, & heavy on fragrance (disgusting smell). There is too much moisture in the wipes, making them very wet when wiping but not effective on removing makeup.

I really recommend you try Huggies Sensitive Baby Wipes for an amazing makeup remover. Used it for over 10 years & swear by them. As for Johnson & Johnson Wipes - save em for the baby's bum (but even then they won't do a good job)!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start by saying I'm in Australia as the packaging seems to vary depending on where you are in the world. I have been a big fan of the blue pack baby wipes for a long while as a nice, cheap alternative to traditional facial cleansers. The blue pack is marked "pure cleansing" and my skin tolerates these nicely. BUT I have just discovered a yellow pack which has "ultra sensitive" and "fragrance free" and also "ultra soft weave fabric" written on them. Now these are lovely! I do find these softer than the blue pack wipes (which are a tad scratchy, but certainly not the scratchiest ones I've tried). They cleanse just as effectively as any other makeup remover wipe you can buy and my skin is left clean and comfortable. I don't have to rinse as there is no residue. I find these clean my sunscreen, foundation and other makeup off well. They work even better if you use a few drops of baby oil on your face (or on your eyes for mascara etc) before the wipe. I've previously raved about Garnier's wipes but they cost more... so I think I will make the switch to these Johnson's yellow pack ones. For reference my skin type: oily t-zone, normal cheeks, prone to cystic acne, seborrheic dermatitis, mild rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for all baby wipes in general, not just Johnson & Johnson's. Though there is no baby currently in my household, this is another baby product HG of mine, and a staple in my beauty regime I will never be without. It fabulously removes all makeup and is at the same time noncomedogenic. It can also serve as a refresher at any given place or time. Especially useful in the winter when I'm not exactly enthused from the idea of soaking my face in ice cold water as far an removing makeup goes. Indeed, this product is a life-saver.