December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Makeup Brushes - Clinique - Foundation Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation brush I've found.

Like others have noted, it's extremely high quality. I've had mine for years without the ferrule coming loose or it shedding. The bristles are very soft and dense.

This helps me smooth on my liquid foundation quickly and efficiently. I only have problems with streakiness if I haven't cleaned it in a while, although I always do some blending with my fingers, especially around my nose and eyebrows. Someone below asked what the point of using a foundation brush was if you had to use your fingers. Well, imagine trying to cover an entire canvas with paint using your fingers instead of a brush. Of course, your face is 3D and a canvas isn't. I think this brush does a good job with small and hard to reach spots and could really only do better if you sacrificed the ability to cover larger areas quickly and evenly. You can always use this and a smaller brush like ELF Professional Stipple, but it's easier for me to just use my fingers to perfect those difficult areas. I want a "touchable" finish anyway.

My only complaint is that I do find this brush REALLY annoying to clean (probably because of how dense the bristles are). I'll swish this around in the palm of my hand with water and baby shampoo for what feels like forever without getting all the product out; eventually I just have to call it quits. Although it's frustrating and makes me feel OCD, it hasn't seemed to cause any problems long-term, hygienic or otherwise. Like I said before, it has held up super super well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This has been my fav fdtn brush for years. Bristles are soft and doesn't shed. I can't tell you how many times I have washed this brush, and no shedding….ever.

Fdtn applies well with this brush. No streaking. If I need a little touch up on an area after application, this pats well, too.

Fdtn brush has a clear acrylic handle, which adds a touch of glamour and makes it easy to maneuver. For storing, this brush comes with a plastic cover. An extra bonus, imo.

Do wish Clinique would offer their makeup brush set again. When I purchased their brush set years ago, all brushes performed well, and brushes were incased in a lovely gold clutch.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jessicapaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought the other day for 33$ & I must say it was well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by PattiHalstead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the foundation brush. Does the job really well. Not sure if I'm getting it as clean as possible with the Clinique cleanser. But the brush itself is wonderful and wonderfully designed. It's the right weight. Feels good in your hand and the handle conveys "Old time Hollywood glamour". The bristles feel good on your face. My kudos to the product designer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

This is a nice brush for applying and blending.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Tabrewer0518

I love i! Use it everyday! Easy on your face and blends makeup well!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- air brush finish
- great and clean packaging
- easy to apply with
- easy to clean
- soft bristles

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for years, I'd say maybe 6 years now. I wanted a foundation from Clinique and decided to get the foundation brush with it. It's held up amazing. I haven't ever experienced shedding. Its very soft, blends foundation wonderfully, especially runnier foundations. Over the years I've tried other methods of applying but I find using a brush like this less detrimental to my skin. I can't say that this is the perfect foundation brush but I will say that I have tried the Mac foundation brush, the Sigma copy, and also an Ecotools version, and this is by far the best one. In my opinion worth the money because I don't think I'd ever need to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I went to the Clinique counter looking for foundation and a setting powder. Low and behold the SA used this brush to apply the foundation to my face and talked me into purchasing it. This retails for around $30-35 and honestly it isn't worth the money. I have tried using this with several foundations and no matter what, it applies streaky and looks unnatural. I still have to spend 10 minutes blending the foundation in with my fingers after using this, so it completely defeats the purpose of using a brush in the first place. I tend to use this to apply concealer and conceal blemishes. It is very easy to clean and I love the clear handle, but I would save your $$ and purchase MAC or Sigma brushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very surprised to see the overall good rating for this brush, because I hate mine. When used to apply foundation it is very streaky, hard to get into small areas of the face, and removes more coverage than it deposits. So instead I use it to apply products that come in a tub like Clinique moisturizers. I will say that the ferrule and bristles are good quality. It never looses bristles and is easy to clean. I dig the smooth clear lucite handle. But the brush itself is just not very functional for me. Would not repurchase.