August 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Concealers - Boots - No7 Radiant Glow Concealer in 01

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kateybrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my 4th tube of this under-eye concealer, and I love, love love it!

I have really bad dark circles most of the time (not enough sleep, allergies, etc), and this stuff flat out makes me look awake and glowing. I can't say enough how happy I am with the product itself. I click it once, dab it under my eyes with the brush, and blend with my fingers.

Now, this does NOT work for me anywhere except for under my eyes. It doesn't really cover blemishes, but it works wonders for my dark circles, so I still buy it. The only complaint I have is the price--the product doesn't last as long as I'd like for the price. I also use Boots no7 foundation, and I find that I go through 2 tubes of this concealer for every 1 bottle of foundation I buy. (And like I said, I'm only putting it under my eyes.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Merry_Dove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful under-eye concealer. I have tried many concealers and they all emphasize fine lines except this one. Not crazy about the brush applicator. You just have to brush some on then dab it into your skin with your fingers. It is expensive but it seems to last a really long time when you just use it under your eyes. I have not tried it to cover anything else because I don't have anything else to cover. Great product and I hope they don't discontinue it. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

At the time I bought this I was looking for something to brighten my under eye area. I bought this and while it worked, I have since found something better. It's only okay for highlighting the under eye area and tends to cake over concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is NOT a concealer. This will NOT cover blemishes, redness or very dark circles. This is a liquid illuminator and it does a fantastic job creating a radiant glow. I have very dark circles so what I do is after I put on my regular concealer, I dot Boots Radiant Glow over it and near the inner corners of my eyes where my circles are the darkest. (a little goes a long way) It, in a sense, makes the concealer come alive and takes it to the next level. I've used YSL Touche Eclat, CD Skin Flash Radiance Booster Pen, SB Photo Op Eye Brigtener and Paula Dorf Eye Lite. Out of all of these, I like Boots the best. Boots doesn't look fake and it doesn't cause, what I call "fishscale face". This is light and luminous and well worth the long journey in finding a decent liquid highlighter. Boots is found at Target and the Radiant Glow concealer is just under 10 dollars.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MsNicoleG

Great brand, but not completely satisfied with the product. doesn't completely cover the dark circle, it does lighten them , and has a little bit of a shine to reflect light off shadows but i am not really satisfied. i expected it to hide the dark circle better than it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

Honestly, I don't understand why more makeup lover aren't writing up reviews like a storm for this product. This is THE dupe for YSL's Touche Eclat. Don't get me wrong, I adore the YSL's TE, but for 40 dollars, I don't want to buy it too often. I came across the boots version on youtube. The product is a bit thicker and less shimmery but the principals behind the product are the same. I adore Boots version just as much as YSL's, perhaps more. I guess YSL better hope that not any more women find out about this product cuz they might not be selling a TE every 10 seconds now.... (according to YSL, it is the most popular makeup item and they sell one every 10 seconds around the world). YSL your profits/numbers might be decreasing significantly soon.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, this is not a YSL Touche Eclat dupe IMO. I almost wish I had not gotten this and waited for the Milani HD concealer which looks really good (I'll be trying that next). I think this lightens and doesn't brighten, which is the opposite of what I want in a pen like this. I'll continue to use this over my darker concealer since it still does a decent job, but not enough to be a highlighter on its own since it doesn't last or have enough luminosity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ADELANOVAL

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boots Radiant Glow concealer, comes in a black click-pen brush applicator dispenser with a nice quality soft built-in brush and a push button mechanism that dispenses just the right amount of fluid.

I heard about it from Make-up artist Sarah Jagger in a Youtube video, where she had gone shopping for the best cosmetics and she demonstrated on three models, showing presenter Eils Hewitt her "Top 3 under eye concealers" and stated this was "top value for your money".

The best concealer is: Yves Saint Laurent "Touche Eclat" ^$$$, but because I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of dinero on a "concealer". I have never tried it. But luckily, I don't have to, because Boots No. 7, sells a more affordable version of Touche Eclat, and it is a pretty good substitute for about one fifth the price. It may not be identical, but its a pretty good buy for the money and Boots quality far surpasses most American drug store brands. So this concealer definitely has a new home in my makeup bag.

At the time that this concealer first came out, it was one of the first to offer a more affordable alternative to YSL Touche Eclat, so if you want to snag one for yourself, Boots No7 Radiant Glow is available for $12.99 from Target and CVS.

Since I just started using it this week, I don't know how long this product will last me, so I will update on this issue later!

To use the concealer:
Just Shake before use and click on pen. Then dot onto your face applying where needed. Blend smoothly and evenly with your fingers or a sponge. Brush a small amount under eyes or on any dark spots that you wish to camouflage and then blend by gently patting it into your skin with your fingertip.

It is a good idea to tissue off the brush after every use to keep it in top shape. The color seems really light when you first put it on, but it blends to your skin tone.

I found a little trick to using it, too.
Spread a generous amount under your eyes with the little brush, but don't blend yet. Let it sit while you spread under the other eye, then go back and gently blend it in with your finger, then do the other eye.

It keeps the skin under my eyes moist and doesn't cake up.
I use it under my eyes to brighten and awaken them.
Also on areas around my nose and chin and it stays put all day.
It's very light in texture, blends well and does not make me break out.

It doesn't conceal as much as illuminate, but contains moisturizing emollients and powders that capture and reflect light to brighten your complexion opening up the eye area. Great for a "natural" look. It blends easily and applies directly where needed with easy-application pen dispenser soft touch brush.

This product comes in two shades that adjust to match a wide range of skin tones.

If you have fair skin, choose Shade I,
If you have medium to tan skin, choose Shade II.

I really like this concealer and while I definitely think itís better than some other concealers, I think that whether youíll like it depends on your skinís needs.

For example:
If youíre trying to cover up more serious acne or hyperpigmentation, this concealer wonít provide enough coverage and youíre better off with a concealer that precisely matches your skin tone.

As for the "yellow concealers", some people swear by them, but I donít think that they work for everyone. If you have very pale skin and your under-eye circles have a bluish tinge, chances are a yellow-colored concealer will actually make your circles appear sort of green!

I think the more fool-proof bet is to go for an illuminating concealer that conceals dark circles by reflecting light, but maybe the Maybelline Age Rewind is also good at doing this same as the Boots No7 Radiant Glow.

For a more budget-friendly option, you can also try:

LíOreal True Match concealers. The LíOreal display at your local drugstore (or Target, Walmart, etc.) should have a color-matching card that makes it pretty easy to find your shade.

Also, Almay Bright Eyes Eye Base + Concealer. Maybelline Instant Age-Rewind concealer or Mary Kay under-eye concealer !

Check out video from Kandee Johnson on Youtube.com, where she explains how to apply under eye concealers, if you're interested:

Hope this helps!

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by nativebeauty

It brightens the eye area quite wonderfully. It goes on very smooth and you only need a few dots of the product to achieve amazing results. The only problem I have with this product is that there are only two shades to choose from and none match this native american girl! I'd purchase again only if they start making shades for us brown sugar mamas!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by griffy99

Love, love, love this product! I use shade II since I have a darker skin tone. This is more of a brightener than a concealer. Other concealers caked around my eyes making me look like I have wrinkles or creases when I really don't. This product blends beautifully, reflects light to brighten eyes, and does not cake on. Just dab instead of rubbing the product in for a smoother, more even coverage. My eyes look naturally bright as opposed to "concealed" with makeup.