November 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Skincare - Body - L'Occitane - Amande Supple Skin Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by eliselotus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! The scent is wonderful and works well on my skin (combination). It gives it hydration for several hours. The only down side is that I often worry that the oil will stain my clothes...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ellierosepoppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this oil mostly to prevent any further problems with my skin like wrinkles in my cleavage and new stretch marks. Whether or not this is an effective product for those purposes, I'll never know unless I wind up with more lines and marks. However, I think an oil is a great way to stave off wrinkles so I'm confident I'm making the right choice. I have had stretch marks since I was 13 and this product helps to make my skin a little more supple and smooth so the marks are not as noticeable. It is not as moisturizing as a regular lotion so I don't recommend it as a replacement for one, but it does add to the moisturizing when applied under a lotion or cream. It costs $40 for 3.7 oz. Not much of a bargain, but I will continue to use it until I have found another product that is either better or cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooove this stuff! I normally would never pay this price for a body lotion, but I splurged several years ago when I had particularly scaly winter shins due to so many North Eastern cold days wearing boot socks and knee high boots. I still have the same bottle, because I tend to be stingy with my splurge purchases.

The scent alone is well worth the cost, though. Forget about wearing perfume when you wear this oil. The scent is light and sweet and fresh. I always get compliments when I wear it.

The oil is wonderfully light on the skin, and yes, you instantly feel the skin softening effects. It leaves a very subtle sheen on your skin all day that isn't tacky or slimy to touch, or garish to look at.

My one complaint about this product is the pump dispenser. While the glass bottle is beautiful and can be left out on the counter, the pump is kind of lame. It's hard to pump out a meager amount without it a little oil dripping down the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Bagbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely amazing. Great product, goes on beautifully, smells divine and lasts and lasts. Once it's on my skin it stays and makes my body feel luxuriously soft. I'd recommend this anytime!! Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite indulgence for moisturizing and relaxing in the Canadian Winter. I purchase this oil religiously once a year in December to lock in moisture. Great to use after a bath. The bottle is so elegant and the cap makes it klutz proof so you dont accidentally waste oil. I'm in love with the almond scent. It's very light. It dries pretty fast. My skin never looked no good without it. My elbows and knees are no longer scaly and dry from the harsh weather.It's quite expensive for oil, but if you use this site...you've probably spent the same amount on face oil, serums, foundation etc..Why not treat the rest of your body as equally as your face?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by reviews2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is really expensive but the scent is fantastic and it lasts along the day. The scent makes me forget the price. Totally recommended for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This oil smells amazing and has a beautiful bottle, thatís why I chose it first. I didnít expect to like it so much, but I do and will definitely repurchase.
It is very light, easy to apply, you donít need much to moisturize the whole body. It also doesnt leave a oily feeling on the skin! Amazing for my dry sensitive skin. I will probably try even other products from this Amande range, I think the shower oil could be amazing as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by swhandamari

I bought this solely because it smells heavenly! as for firming effect, i'm not sure about that - I never really found a good firming product anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Lizlizo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love love this oil, I have been using it on my entire body for about a year and my skin feels amazing all day long. I personally love the scent and love the way the bottle looks sitting on my vanity. It is quite expensive so I alternate it with Olay quench body lotion, I can sometimes tell the difference at the end of the day when I used Olay my skin is not as supple, but it's summer my skin is not too dry. In the winter I use the oil full time.
Would recommend it and will definitely buy more. Be warned though, you can go through a bottle pretty fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by theBarber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My all time favorite L'Occitane product! Not heavy, just melts into your skin. It keeps my skin hydrated and smooth all day. The smell is an amazing sweet almond smell and is not strong at all. It's a very "light" oil and does not clog pores.