L'Occitane Amande Supple Skin Oil

4.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Oleyl Alcohol, Camelina Sativea Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Dio- Leyl Tocopheryl Methylsilanol, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool, Citral

on 3/5/2015 9:25:00 PM

When I use L'occitane products I feel like I'm using top-quality ingredients, and this almond skin oil is not exception. It feels and smells luxurious. The oil comes in a glass bottle and sprays onto the skin. I wish the bottle came with a pump instead of a spray mechanism, as I think it would be easier to handle. Maneuvering a glass bottle with oil on your hands can get slippery, quickly, and I'm afraid of dropping this on the bathroom floor. Once on the skin it sinks in quickly, and has a light almond scent. In cold weather don't count on this as your sole moisturizer, but it works well to form a base protective layer.

on 2/22/2015 11:56:00 AM

Oh my.... this product is freaking AMAZING! The smell of it is just the most amazing smell ever. The packaging is nice with the spray nozzle. I wanted to get this product for my dry skin and to battle harsh winter dry skin conditions. I also hate the feeling of gross sticky moisturizer. This is lovely and a little goes a long way. It rubs into the skin so nicely and just leaves your skin looking glowing and smelling amazing. The smell lingers all day so if you don't like the smell of this don't get it. I haven't noticed it leaving any oil on my clothes or anything but I just use a smaller amount-I don't want to look like I just dipped myself in an oil bath. The trick with it is use a small to medium amount and rub it in nicely. It's Def worth the price but if you don't like the smell of it might be better off trying something else as it is easily comparable to something like coconut oil. I just can't get enough of the smell though!

on 1/3/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very silky oil that moisturizes well and leaves skin glowing (and supple), but for me it didn't smell like almonds- it smelled like pistachio ice cream. The scent was very sweet and strong, and it clashed horribly with my perfume. For that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase, but if L'Occitane ever makes this in a light lemon or citrus scent, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

on 9/20/2014 3:49:00 AM

I love this product! The scent is wonderful and works well on my skin (combination). It gives it hydration for several hours. The only down side is that I often worry that the oil will stain my clothes...

I use this oil mostly to prevent any further problems with my skin like wrinkles in my cleavage and new stretch marks. Whether or not this is an effective product for those purposes, I'll never know unless I wind up with more lines and marks. However, I think an oil is a great way to stave off wrinkles so I'm confident I'm making the right choice. I have had stretch marks since I was 13 and this product helps to make my skin a little more supple and smooth so the marks are not as noticeable. It is not as moisturizing as a regular lotion so I don't recommend it as a replacement for one, but it does add to the moisturizing when applied under a lotion or cream. It costs $40 for 3.7 oz. Not much of a bargain, but I will continue to use it until I have found another product that is either better or cheaper.

I looooove this stuff! I normally would never pay this price for a body lotion, but I splurged several years ago when I had particularly scaly winter shins due to so many North Eastern cold days wearing boot socks and knee high boots. I still have the same bottle, because I tend to be stingy with my splurge purchases.

The scent alone is well worth the cost, though. Forget about wearing perfume when you wear this oil. The scent is light and sweet and fresh. I always get compliments when I wear it.

The oil is wonderfully light on the skin, and yes, you instantly feel the skin softening effects. It leaves a very subtle sheen on your skin all day that isn't tacky or slimy to touch, or garish to look at.

My one complaint about this product is the pump dispenser. While the glass bottle is beautiful and can be left out on the counter, the pump is kind of lame. It's hard to pump out a meager amount without it a little oil dripping down the pump.

on 3/27/2013 7:47:00 AM

Absolutely amazing. Great product, goes on beautifully, smells divine and lasts and lasts. Once it's on my skin it stays and makes my body feel luxuriously soft. I'd recommend this anytime!! Love!

on 3/4/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite indulgence for moisturizing and relaxing in the Canadian Winter. I purchase this oil religiously once a year in December to lock in moisture. Great to use after a bath. The bottle is so elegant and the cap makes it klutz proof so you dont accidentally waste oil. I'm in love with the almond scent. It's very light. It dries pretty fast. My skin never looked no good without it. My elbows and knees are no longer scaly and dry from the harsh weather.It's quite expensive for oil, but if you use this site...you've probably spent the same amount on face oil, serums, foundation etc..Why not treat the rest of your body as equally as your face?

on 7/29/2012 8:47:00 PM

It is really expensive but the scent is fantastic and it lasts along the day. The scent makes me forget the price. Totally recommended for dry skin.

on 6/19/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This oil smells amazing and has a beautiful bottle, thatís why I chose it first. I didnít expect to like it so much, but I do and will definitely repurchase.
It is very light, easy to apply, you donít need much to moisturize the whole body. It also doesnt leave a oily feeling on the skin! Amazing for my dry sensitive skin. I will probably try even other products from this Amande range, I think the shower oil could be amazing as well.

Popular Body Skincare Products