October 1, 2014 | 927 users online

Crème - Black Opal - Perfecting Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by NicoleLLeonard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this Black Opal product. I have worn several brands (MAC, CoverGirl Queen Collection, Fashion Fair, Prescriptives, Revlon, Loreal True Match, Mary Kay, and Clinique) and this is my favorite! The price point is great, the coverage and color is fantastic, and it looks great longer than the above listed brands. My only issue is that it is not easy to find in stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Divandria

I have really oily skin with hyper-pigmented spots. This gives great coverage without feeling greasy or oily. Great product woc friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by miiszbrii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coverage is BEAUTIFUL I personally would use a concealer still if you have problem areas like myself. I didnt knw it was cream to powder foundation I thought it was just a powder foundation seeing as though the name is "Perfecting Powder Makeup" I find this best applies with a damp cosmetic wedge. So far it has controlled my oil & I do set this with a setting powder by Kiss New York cosmetics (I purchased at a beauty supply store & its my HG setting powder) Since I can never find Black Opal in stores I had to order offline & I got my color wrong, I ordered Heavenly Honey & its a tad too light but do darken it a little I used my LoReal True Match Super Bendable powder in N7 Classic Tan & that helps darken it I also very lightly dust my matte bronzer ontop just to deepen it a little, next time I will purchase Truely Topez. the packaging isnt horrible it comes in an oval shaped compact & you get 0.32oz of product. Now, depending on where you order this from is the price so I'd say its anywhere from $7.99 to $15.99 (from what Ive seen) I purchased mine on ebay for $7.99. For a medium coverage foundation it does give me a natural like finish& I definitely do not look so made up & its not "cakey" at all. it looks amazing is natural light (sunlight) & it doesnt change colors on you like most foundations. I highly recommend this foundation especially to women with oily skin, it is more pricey than a drugstore foundation but it is cheaper & just as good as a high end foundation & it has not broken me out like some foundation *cough cough)* MAC

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I am getting ready for my summertime make-up routine, so I kept seeing these ads for Black Opal. I had used the foundation stick many moons ago but with my oily skin, it was a big no no. This time, I go to the web site and see the Perfecting Powder foundation and I am intrigued since it is made for oily skin. I run to the closest CVS and pick up the Truly Topaz. When I go home to try it out, I am amazed by the coverage and the non-make-up look it gives. I also purchased the oil absorbing loose powder and my face looks skin-like matte.

While this foundation provides medium coverage, I also purchased their maximum concealer/foundation in Heavenly Honey for underneath my eyes and to cover some cystic acne scars on my chin and jaw line. My scarring is bad enough where I previously purchased Dermablend to cover. The Black Opal maximum concealer is the best and it looks good when paired with the Perfecting Powder Makeup. It does not transfer (much) and it really controls the oiliness on my face. I love this line so much, I went to their website and also purchased the oil contol mattifier, the oil control pressed powder and another maximum concealer in Truly Topaz. Truly Topaz is a perfect color match for MAC NC 45 complexion. Heavenly Honey is great as a highlighter color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by swaggerfan

i use this product in truly topaz and i love it! I first started using foundation last year (2008) and it was Mac's studio fix compact and i had terrible breakout. I started using proactiv and it cleared me right up but i still had those stubborn acne blemishes. i was scared to wear foundation again but those acne scars bugged me so i did some research and thought black opal would be a good start. I ve been using it for about 6 months now without any breakouts! and its not too much to the point that i look all made up. it gives me a natural and even canvas. i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used to wear this for years. It was the best foundation ever until it started giving me dry patches around my nose so I went in search of another matte foundation that wouldn't do that and found it in Iman foundation stick. Unfortunately I reached the bottom of the stick and started feeling grains. When I put it on my skin under my eyes started to develop wrinkles so stopped using it immediately, ran for the Palmers Coca Butter and after a week of using that and no foundation at all the wrinkles disappeared so returned to my Black Opal Truly Topaz again. I also bought Black Radiance Matte soufflé in 3401 Pecan and the colors and amazing similar. I actually like them both equally now and can't choose between them at all. Great coverage.

Update: I mix all 3 (foundations and cocoa butter) together and apply and they still work great and make me look flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Found one of these in Beautiful Bronze while cleaning out my stash. Decided to give a try. Even though I love my BO sticks, this is a winner too!!!!! Especially for the winter months. Goes on a cream and dries to a powder. Great coverage w/o looking fake. Buildable cover. Used Face-International Antishine underneath. Brush powder(BO Oil Blotting, Ben Nye 'Topaz' or Iman 'Light/Med' Oil Blotting, ) over the top to kill shine and add more yellow. Colors are a bit different from same shade in BO stick. A bit more red undertone. Will try Nutmeg & Hazelnut. (NW45ish or HIP820)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great stuff. Makes u look perfect. I'm dark but with red undertones - the beautiful bronze is my hg. I keep going back to it.

Actually, this is an update. it seems they changed their formula or something. Or perhaps the ones I've been buying recently have stayed too long in the store or something. Its dry and hard to blend now - the way it'd be if you left the pan lid open and exposed the product for days. Had to throw away the last three I bought without using them more than once.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have seen this product forever, and passed it time and again...even though I love their skin care products, and used to wear their stick foundation, but now I find it looks and feels too heavy and is a little red for me, BUT:

This stuff looks and feels natural and AMAZING!

I have the Oily Skin formula for my very oily, yet dry and patchy surfaced acne prone skin (they have a dry skin formula as well) in color Heavenly Honey (their lightest shade) and it looks as good as my favorite mineral foundation (which now breaks me out, so I had to give it up *sad face*)...

SISTAHS (black, brown, red, olive and yellow) if your skin is oily and you need decent coverage that dries to oil absorbent powder finish, hides flakes and looks natural, this is worth a try!

I LOVE it so far and can't wait to take it for a full faced night out on the town...

I will update this review again in a few weeks...

***UPDATE***

Was starting to run out of this as I pull it out constantly in a pinch and realized I could not live without it - so off to Eckerd I ran to get another one and a stick foundation in the same shade for good measure just to reevaluate it because I DO remember it looking fab and with my Ben Nye yellow powder on top...it might just be perfect, too...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No