Cover Girl Classic Color in Natural Glow

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/13/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly think I got a dud.. My blush in Soft Mink is buttery smooth, but this is.. dried out? I want to make it work but I'm having to "scrub" at the blush.. =( I have half a mind to scrape off the top layer of this blush to get the inside, but one shouldn't have to work so hard to make a blush work. The times that I'm able to get some amount of color, the name really is accurate--I get a beautiful natural glow.

I would only repurchase to give this blush another try in case I really did get a dud, but I can't justify it because I have so many other non-dud blushes haha (y'know what I mean?). The purpose of this review is just to point out I'm one of the ones whose blush has poor pigmentation, as beautiful as it CAN be.. (when you work at it enough!)

on 5/6/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Natural Glow is true to its name. It is a very natural looking pale peach blush that works perfectly on my pale skin. It doesn't have a lot of color payoff. So, if you want a super rosy look, keep shopping. However, if you just want a bit of glow this is a keeper, and the price can't be beat.

on 12/9/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the scent of this but that's about it. The pigmentation is terrible. I like my blush barely there but this doesn't even show up, and I'm very pale, so usually any color does. I think it would be a beautiful, perfectly natural-looking blush if it had any pigment to it at all. Powder quality, packaging and price are all fine but color payoff is majorly lacking.

on 12/8/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am very fair, warm undertone, oily skin. This is a great natural blush that doesn't produce a colorful "I'm wearing blush" look; rather it makes my face look glowing, smooth and finished. There is a very slight bit of shimmer that is undetectable once applied. It does not pull orange or pink, and is not muddy at all. Really just a perfect color for the warm and fair, especially if you are wearing no makeup, or a more colorful eye or lip. My only gripe is the bad smell that all Cover Girl powders have, like old cold cream, but that dissipates. Normally I only wear expensive blushes like Nars Orgasm, so for me to rave about this $6 blush is huge. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/28/2013 12:17:00 PM

This is what I have been lookibng for a natural blush that
looks pretty,and not like you are all made up. The price
is great.

on 1/14/2013 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this because I am extremely pale and I wanted a very natural-looking blush that wouldn't look muddy on me. Just to get a rough idea of how this compares to another sheer blush, Benefit Dandelion shows up on me as a definitively pink blush after a light application (even though it's marketed as a "finishing powder"). I was hoping for something of similar color-intensity that was significantly less pink.

I absolutely cannot believe that I am writing to say that this is too pale for me. It barely shows up unless I pile it on. This is surprising to me since I'm in the NC-10 range. I can sort of tell when I wear it, but it is not quite like wearing a "natural blush." Maybe I got a dud. I'll keep this around but I can only imagine wearing this if I am wearing *both* a smokey eye *and* a bold lip. It is just THAT subtle.

The blush has a fragrance to it that kind of hits you in the face when you open the package and apply the blush. This doesn't irritate my skin, but it's not a fragrance that I'm especially in love with. It dissipates after the first 15 minutes of wear. The blush doesn't break me out or ruin my skin otherwise, so I'm not going to get rid of it. At the same time I don't see this becoming the go-to subtle and neutral blush that I wanted it to be. I'm bummed because I really wanted to love this based on the reviews, but I just don't see myself re-purchasing this.

on 6/23/2012 11:54:00 PM

Let me say I love this blush. It's what I wear for my professional "no makeup" look. It makes my pale skin get a subtle believable error proof look. I will also be able to wear this at night with a dramatic lip or eye. I think this blush feels so good too. I like the consistansy, smell(like makeup....I like the makeup experience....)and I love the price. Looks like it will last a long time! This is a good buy....I have to also say that for whatever reason covergirl blush is the only blush that looks good. The colors or the formula just make my skin get a glow. I
love their blushes. This one is excellent of you are pale.

I'm an NC20 and I LOVE this blush. Ive included a copy of the original 1967 ad for this product when it was called Glow Lightly. Natural Glow is the only original color (I think Tawny Glow and Amber Glow are no longer made... wouldn't swear to it though)

I can swipe this on using the included brush, no mirror and do it while I'm running out the door with no fear of clown cheeks. It leaves the faintest hint of color (read the ad... thats what its supposed to do "more glow than show"). I love it and I hope that they never discontinue it!

Its probably also true that the Cover Girl of today needs to note this information about how sheer its supposed to be on their packaging if they don't already. It seems plenty of people aren't aware!

Glow on people!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a very versatile product, bought for sale for $3. I am NW10, and it looks great as a very very natural blush (aka with a bold lip and I don't want to look like I'm wearing blush). Very refreshing on me, but if you were NW/NC20 +, I doubt this will show up on you.
Update: I think this might be a very affordable semi-dupe for MAC's Porcelain Pink MSFN. I own them both and this one is similar, with just a bit less pink/gold highlight and more of a peachy/gold shimmer highlight.

on 10/27/2011 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is not the blush for anyone who wants an obvious "I'm wearing blush" look, the cool-toned, or those that aren't pale. This is, however, perfect for us pale ladies who want our complexions to look naturally perked up or like that no-makeup look.

The color is a slightly peachy beige, very close to being a foundation color. I think this is a big reason it does not look like you're wearing blush, more like your skin is glowing. I was scared it would make my skin look muddy, which all beigy blushes have done so far, but it's very flattering. It's not very pigmented so make sure you use this with a dense brush. There is a slight shimmer but it's not glittery. The shimmer makes this work nice too if you want to use it as a subtle highlighter on your brow bones or top of your cheek bones with a more obvious blush below it. It is extremely easy to blend, I just love the texture.

There's only 2 things I dislike - there is a soapy or perfumey scent I don't care for, but thankfully fades quickly. The compact is very bulky and I found it confusing to put together at first. When I open up the package I thought the lid was missing! I finally noticed this edge sticking out of the bottom that wouldn't swing out. With tons of fiddling around I figured out you need to slide the lid underneath the package to the other end, then push the end up till it clicks. After that you can swing foward and close it. Whew!