October 24, 2014 | 1735 users online

Body Scrubs - L'Occitane - Shea Butter - Ultra Rich Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this scrub for many reasons.
The first and most important one, is the scent. It smells so delicious and comforting. It's like a combination of the milky scent of the Ultra Rich Body Cream from the same line and the scent of a piece of (synthetic?) musk owned by my mother. She used to wear the musk as a perfume, so this scrub reminds me of her.
The second reason to love this is how smooth my skin is after use. The creamy base moisturizes the skin allready in the shower and the scrub particles exfoliate well but are never scratchy. I'm not entirely sure whether the soft skin I feel is really that soft or that my hands only perceive it as soft because they too have been exfoliated (because I use them to exfoliate my body). I did notice not all the dead skin was removed, but I did not mind to much.
The third reason why I love this is how little you need! You really only need the tiniest amount to cover yourself entirely in walnutty goodness.
One reason not to love this product is the price, but I do think this product is luxurious enough to justify the high pricetag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely scrub, it feels like a real treat to use. The smell is very subtle but nice, and the grains are fairly large but not at all scratchy. I use it maybe twice a week in the shower. The tub packaging isnt great for the shower as water gets in, but thats pretty standard packaging for a lot of scrubs anyway. After use my limbs feel nice and soft. The scent doesnt hang around much but thats ok. I am not blown away by how soft my skin is after use, hence the four rating, but nevertheless, this is a very nice product to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So far I am liking this even more than the face scrub from the same range. It's a really mild scrub that feels wonderful on the skin, may not be easy to travel with, but very economical.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by greenred

I like this scrub very much and am completely satisfied with it. I feel like will never need to try a different one as long as I can buy this. Unfortunately, it's quite expensive. When I buy it together with the 25% shea butter ultra rich body cream, the scrub is always gone very fast, while there is still at least half of the cream left in the tub, although I use it far more often. That's a pity, as they cost about the same amount...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I usually love all things L'Occitane, but this was a disappointment. Scrubbies seem to be as personal as fragrance and this just didn't have all the things I like in a scrub. Comes in a tub (ugh...I'm a klutz. I get water from the shower into the scrub diluting it, and its thin enough!). I expected it to be like thick shea butter, but its incredibly thin!! So thin they should have put it in a tube or a pump even. The scrubbies are too sparse. I want more scrubbies!! Leaves a coating on my skin. Not greasy as its not immersed in oil, but in a shea button lotion like emulsion, but it feels like a thin coating of wax. :P I do love the scent (like all things shea at L'O), but it was so thin I went through a tub in 3 weeks!! The good news is the scrubbies don't dissolve and last until you rinse it off, and it does leave my skin very smooth AFTER I wash again with my usual shower soap of the month. Overall for the price I'm very disappointed. I'll stick with O's Spice Odyssey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by redhotpaprika

PROS:
- Very gentle and efficient at the same time
- Moisturizes as it exfoliates
- Leaves skin very soft and supple
- Smell is consistent with L'Occitane Shea Butter range

CONS:
- Pricy
- The lable on the jar is made of paper which makes it impossible to keep this product in a shower

OTHER THOUGHTS:
Absolutely amazing scrub, I have dry skin but I could easily skip a lotion after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

I just love this. It has walnut particles so i can feel the exfoliating action immediately, but it also has 5% shea butter, which prevents my skin from drying out. Its rich and easy to spread. A little bit goes a long way for this product. I would highly recommend it. Its the best scrub that i have ever used.!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 8:07:00 AM More reviews by chaun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice scrub that gets the job done while leaving your skin soft and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

This is a fairly new product to the Shea Butter range, and comes in a large 200ml pot like the Ultra Rich Body Cream, this is an extremely delicious product to use, I love the scent of this which is very similar to the body cream, it is very effective as well and the pot is huge it will last a very long time as you need to use just a very small amount. I usually use my Shea Butter body lotion after and my skin is so super super soft, brilliant, this and REN's Guerande salt scrub are my absolute HG's.

This also makes a brilliant hand and foot scrub, L'Occitane do seperate scrubs for the hands and feet but, its not something I need as this product does the job to perfection.