April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Scrubs - L'Occitane - Shea Butter - Ultra Rich Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely scrub, it feels like a real treat to use. The smell is very subtle but nice, and the grains are fairly large but not at all scratchy. I use it maybe twice a week in the shower. The tub packaging isnt great for the shower as water gets in, but thats pretty standard packaging for a lot of scrubs anyway. After use my limbs feel nice and soft. The scent doesnt hang around much but thats ok. I am not blown away by how soft my skin is after use, hence the four rating, but nevertheless, this is a very nice product to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So far I am liking this even more than the face scrub from the same range. It's a really mild scrub that feels wonderful on the skin, may not be easy to travel with, but very economical.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by greenred

I like this scrub very much and am completely satisfied with it. I feel like will never need to try a different one as long as I can buy this. Unfortunately, it's quite expensive. When I buy it together with the 25% shea butter ultra rich body cream, the scrub is always gone very fast, while there is still at least half of the cream left in the tub, although I use it far more often. That's a pity, as they cost about the same amount...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I usually love all things L'Occitane, but this was a disappointment. Scrubbies seem to be as personal as fragrance and this just didn't have all the things I like in a scrub. Comes in a tub (ugh...I'm a klutz. I get water from the shower into the scrub diluting it, and its thin enough!). I expected it to be like thick shea butter, but its incredibly thin!! So thin they should have put it in a tube or a pump even. The scrubbies are too sparse. I want more scrubbies!! Leaves a coating on my skin. Not greasy as its not immersed in oil, but in a shea button lotion like emulsion, but it feels like a thin coating of wax. :P I do love the scent (like all things shea at L'O), but it was so thin I went through a tub in 3 weeks!! The good news is the scrubbies don't dissolve and last until you rinse it off, and it does leave my skin very smooth AFTER I wash again with my usual shower soap of the month. Overall for the price I'm very disappointed. I'll stick with O's Spice Odyssey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by redhotpaprika

PROS:
- Very gentle and efficient at the same time
- Moisturizes as it exfoliates
- Leaves skin very soft and supple
- Smell is consistent with L'Occitane Shea Butter range

CONS:
- Pricy
- The lable on the jar is made of paper which makes it impossible to keep this product in a shower

OTHER THOUGHTS:
Absolutely amazing scrub, I have dry skin but I could easily skip a lotion after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

I just love this. It has walnut particles so i can feel the exfoliating action immediately, but it also has 5% shea butter, which prevents my skin from drying out. Its rich and easy to spread. A little bit goes a long way for this product. I would highly recommend it. Its the best scrub that i have ever used.!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 8:07:00 AM More reviews by chaun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice scrub that gets the job done while leaving your skin soft and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

This is a fairly new product to the Shea Butter range, and comes in a large 200ml pot like the Ultra Rich Body Cream, this is an extremely delicious product to use, I love the scent of this which is very similar to the body cream, it is very effective as well and the pot is huge it will last a very long time as you need to use just a very small amount. I usually use my Shea Butter body lotion after and my skin is so super super soft, brilliant, this and REN's Guerande salt scrub are my absolute HG's.

This also makes a brilliant hand and foot scrub, L'Occitane do seperate scrubs for the hands and feet but, its not something I need as this product does the job to perfection.