Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe baby wash

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

NEW FORMULA:Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-10, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Yellow 6, Yellow 10.

on 5/15/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I started to use this because the formula of my favourite-Dove sensitive-has changed and is fairly pore clogging.
I must have a chronically impaired lipid barrier, because cleansers at the "proper" pH if 5.5 seems to dry and irritate my skin. Cleansers in the 6-7 range are better. Such is the case with dove and J&J head to toe.
I don't find it *too drying , but it can be so a bit of moisturizer is required. That sucks because I hate Moisturizes when it's warmer than 5C outside.
Ive been using this for about 3 weeks. Will update.
***UPDATE***
As promised I've been using this to wash my face for nearly a month. It's a great, all purpose mild cleanser. The detergents used in the formula in Canada are largely amphoteric and non-ionic. The pH matters and for whatever reason, a pH of 6-7 works well for me. However The main reason this is such a good face wash has to do with the surfactants cocamidol Betatine and sorbitan laurate (aka PEG 80) Since surfactant micelles can penetrate the stratum corneum, using a cleanser with these detergents mean larger micelles are on the skin-not penetrating the Aquaous pores-there is little to no irritation and inflammation.
That said it is pretty boring. It's not going to do much more than cleanse your skin. Really that's all I want.
***UPDATE*** Ive tested the pH of this wash. It is 5.5
I trust this wash. I'll probably use it for the rest of my life. It hasn't irritated my skin, dried it out or bothered me with its light scent. I hope J&J can just leave the formula alone.
***UPDATE*** (Insert facepalm emoji here) after a few months of consistant use, I could help but notice how much older and and plain washed out I was looking. The weather hasn't been great, that's true but I don't look this...old and dehydrated in the dead of winter.
I came back to MUA to look at the "lowest first" reviews to see what was said.
Then I googled quaternium 15.
I hoped the damage I've done to my skin isn't permanent. Please, please don't wash your face with this. If you don't want to age ten years in three months, stay far away. I'm going to either try dove again.,.or not wash my face at all. My skin has driven me nuts for YEARS. Look at my reviews. I don't review makeup much, just soap soap & more soap. Well, face wash and skincare tools. Honestly, I am freakin' done with it. The less i do, the better.
*Last word~ thankfully its not permanent. I went back to Dove and so far things have been pretty ok :) The "orange peel" look to my skin is gone. That is the hallmark of stripped skin. That and dehydration lines in the apple of the cheeks. If you notice this and a general washed out pallor, it may be this stuff ruining your skin.

on 2/1/2015 3:17:00 PM

After trying out countless cleansers I can happily say this is my favorite one.

I enjoy it's gentle yet effective formula and the fact that it's super inexpensive and really accessible. It's never stung my eyes or caused dryness or tight skin.

I like that I can purchase large quantities for cheap prices at numerous retailers. A big bottle last me a while (I wash my face twice daily).

My only con of this product is that it takes a pretty hefty pump to fully cleanse my face. Other than that it's an amazing product!

on 12/22/2014 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

We use this as our family body wash due to other body Soaps Fragrance . I use for my makeup brushes and weekly mix with baking soda for face scrub. I use dove bar the original and switch between this baby wash and others . No complaints.

on 9/23/2014 2:49:00 PM

After about 9 years of purchasing this, I stopped, and my husband really missed it. His eyes are very sensitive to soap, yet he has no problem with this. I've now placed an order for another two large bottles!
I Love how makes my skin feel and smell.

on 9/23/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite body wash for about a year now. The new improved version lathers much better than the old version. However, I do prefer the scent of the old version. Recently tried Johnson's Natural Baby Lotion and really liked it. I think I will try the Natural Head to Toe Baby Wash next.

on 7/31/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is amazing, If you didn't know it has a new formula, it's safer now. I've been using this for about 5 or 6 months, this when i had dry skin senstive skin because of accutane and this never dry out my skin or game a rash or any allergic reaction. It doesn't moisturized but it doesn't leave your skin dry and It doesn't clog my pores at all. Don't use this to remove make up it fails on that. It may help you remove residue of makeup but not all of it.

on 5/12/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

HG for me. This does not give me acne, and is extremely gentle. I use it all over, including on my face. I follow up with Witch hazel for toner and then sweet almond oil for moisturizer. This regimen works perfectly for me.

on 11/17/2013 2:11:00 PM

i usually buy the generic version of this from my grocery store (HEB for those lucky enough to be in Texas).

i was out and at another store and bought this instead thinking it would be the same thing.

well for me it was MUCH more drying and it made my scalp itch!

i took it back and will never stray again from my generic :(

too bad - i love the cute little bottle.

on 11/15/2013 11:27:00 AM

This is for the honey apple scent in the baby wash. This product is phenomenal for price, amount in the container, the scent is so beautiful and the wash is soft and it doesnt make me itch. I buy these 4 or 5 at a time when they go on sale although the regular price is under $5.00 usually so price is not an object for the product. I have itchy skin and found this a few months ago and tried it thinking just another product to make me itch but it really it became my favorite bath and shower product to use. . It is a product to make me look forward to bath or shower time bec it is soft and the scent remains on the skin for a while but not perfummy to make the skin overtaken with scent, it is a soft and very clean scent. I will never be without the wash and will next try the lotion and hopefully it the lotion is as yummy as the wash it will become another favorite. Hopefully this wont be discontinued like a lot of other products in this brand as I have finally found a worthy body wash to continue using without scratching my skin until I draw blood. .

on 11/13/2013 5:48:00 AM

This product is good as a shower gel but not as a make up remover or cleanser.
I tried to remove make up using this product but unfortunately it does not shift make up off the face and having washed my face I took to a cleanser and cotton wool to check if all had been removed .... it hadnt.
There was a load of dirt still trapped on my skin.

Its probably best for as it says washing a new baby or a basic shower gel for skin conditions.

Popular Body Skincare Products