November 26, 2014 | 989 users online

Eye Shadow - Boots - No 7 Shimmer Kohl Palette

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lareine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I am a big fan of luxury cosmetics, but I keep coming back to No.7 for eyeshadows. They are so soft, and so long-lasting. Also, because Boots often have special offers (5 vouchers, BOGOF, gift with purchase, Advantage points with purchase), I usually get good value whenever I visit the No.7 counter.

The No 7 Shimmer Kohl Palette is part of their Christmas 2006 line. From their site: "'Tis the season to get noticed. From deep, dramatic black to shimmering, opulent gold, these four wet-or-dry kohls are silky soft, long wearing and wonderfully easy to blend. A touch of water transforms them from soft, muted shades to bold swoops of pure colour."

The four colours do not contain black, however, so I'm not sure where that is coming from. My palette has dark green, navy blue, purple, and a bronzy gold colour. All four are very dramatic, metallic colours, and they are absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for party season!

The colours last very well (as do all the No.7 colours that I have tried), and blend easily. I don't normally wear such dark shades, but I have got many compliments since I got this set. I only bought it because I got it at a very low price and with a free gift, but I would happily pay full price for it.

The packaging is in a silver-coloured plastic case, quite sleek looking with the black No7 logo on the top. There is a good-sized round mirror inside the lid, and the applicator is a double-ended brush (one small eyeshadow brush, one small eyeliner brush), which is an improvement on the usual sponge things.
continued >>