October 25, 2014 | 1839 users online

Pressed Powders - Pur Minerals - Universal Marble Powder in Pink

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Bought this in a set and it was just ho-hum.
There are plenty of pretty pink blushes out there that have a prettier effect on the skin.
If you want a mineral blush then I recommend Physicians formula

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily8510

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this on and off for maybe 4 years now. This is my everyday HG blush. I typically wear low key makeup. I want a blush that brightens my face and gives a natural complexion, not one that leaves one line strong line of color on the cheeks. The rest of my makeup is not strong enough to support that look.

It applies easily, without streaking or being so pigmented that you then have to blend and wipe half of it off. No sparkles, which is a huge bonus for me, but it is not a dull pink. One reviewer wrote that it smells like crayons. LOL, it kinda does! That does not detract from what I like about it. The packaging is great; it's never broke.

**NOTES about application**
A ) This was designed to be used with powder foundations. I love it with that. If you're using a liquid foundation, be sure to set it with powder and then carefully apply this. The tackiness of liquid "grabs" more of this blush and makes it much more difficult to blend.

B) Apply this with the PUR brush or a similar small, denser brush. I use Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The loose, soft bristles of most blush brushes will not serve you well here. This is a great blush, but you just have to use the right tools.

I don't typically get compliments on this, but I think that's because it's so natural. I've been told frequently that I don't wear makeup, but I do and they just don't always realize it. (Like I said, low key.) The best compliment I got was when a coworker asked if I was wearing blush or if I just had naturally rosy cheeks.

I'm fair skinned, I could see this not being pigmented enough for deeper skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love pur minerals including this blush, I don't notice a smell, and it's noticeable on my fair skin with the intended pur brush.It lasts forever too..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are some mixad reviews regarding this blush, that's for sure... I almost wonder if they have perhaps changed it or if the marbled effect makes the product different from tub to tub?
I bought this online searching for something along the lines of Bobbi Browns blusher pale pink, but with a tad bit of more ooomf to it. In my browser this looked very bright pink, but the actual product turned out a bit different than the pictures of it. I would almost characterize this as a bit of a muted cherry with a touch of fleshtone red, and a touch of whitish pink if you pick up the lighter colors in the marble... Actually the image of the product in this review is pretty accurate color wise. Whereas I have seen images of this that is way more bright pink. So it is easy to get a bit fooled here if buying it online is your option...

I am not too fond of the color, to be honest, even though it is a pretty muted darkish cherry look, but on me it is just too similar to my own natural redness tendencies, which makes this almost impossible for me to use unless I have made the effort to really go flawless with foundation.

I am not sure either if I really care that much for the so called marble trend that has hung on for quite some time now. I find that the marble effects often makes it hard to get a good feel for what the colors of the products really are. That definitely goes for this one too. A long time ago I purchased a marbled eye shadow/ highlighter thing from clarins, which really has stood the test of time. The marble effect on that was however not so erupted into small specks of color, as the one here is and like most marble products of today. And that made that particular product very versatile since one could mix and match the marbled patches and create many different colored effects. That is very hard to do with this, so I really don't see the point in today's marbled products...

When it comes to the performance here this blush goes on lightly and is fairly easy to blend and get an even result from. I find my version of this to be rather well pigmented and a little goes a long way. It has however somewhat of a satin sheen to it, that I almost find a bit annoying, since that makes the flushed pinkish fleshtone of this even more difficult for me to wear, since it not only makes my own red stand out a bit, but also highlights it with a sheen...

My guess is therefore that this blush will look its best on a young woman with great skin who is not to prone to redness in the face. If however a brighter pinkish blush is what you are after, then there are better options out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the colour and the packaging but unfortunately, like other reviewers have mentioned, this product smells bad, like wax crayons or rancid oil, and you can still smell it on your skin after you apply it. Admittedly, I am very scent-sensitive, so your mileage may vary.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The reviews on this are hysterical. I hadn't received my product from Strawberrynet, so I was expecting some strange smelling product or a product that had no discernible smell and that had either no pigment or high pigment. How can a product be one end of a spectrum to the other? Anyway, here is what I found. This product has no smell. Zero! Don't know what the reviewers were smelling, but I had a good sniff and smelt nothing. Maybe they got product that was off! Who knows? I used this over Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Mineral Powder Foundation in Porcelain. The compact in exactly the same as the foundation with a flip top. I applied it with my Ecotool blush brush, swiping a couple of times across the compact lightly. The colour payoff was definitely light, but the pigment was good. It is a pale, shimmery pink. You would not want to be too heavy handed with this as it would look clownish on pale skinned ladies. When you use a light touch, it is very pretty. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

This is not a blush, in my opinion. Im not sure what to call it, but I find that it is not pigmented enough to be a blush. When I put it on I could barely see it, and it just made me face looked discolored and shimmery. I would not recommend this

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mermanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

There is nothing special about this blush. It is fine for what it is -- pink blush -- but I know there are better products out there for the money. While the color is buildable, it doesn't seem to stick around for long... especially when I compare it to the 12-hour amazonian clay blush from Tarte. I'd say by 1 p.m. you'd hardly be able to tell I was wearing it -- which is odd because I'm not oily -- in fact I lean towards dry these days.

I will continue to use this until it is gone, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ShayyRawrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, it's weird to see people saying this blush doesn't show up on them! I use the 4-in-1 mineral foundation from the same line, in the colour 'light', and this blush shows up really well on my skin! Today I put it on and even thought I looked slightly sunburnt :P haha.
If applied properly, this blush suits my skin tone really well (I use the Ecotools blush brush), and adds good dimension to my face after applying my foundation (I hate looking all one colour, it seems so flat and ghost-like to me! So A bit of colour on my cheeks is always good!)
I think the trick is to make sure there's enough on your brush I suppose. A lot of people would be used to using a 'light hand' when applying blush, but this one works much better if you can see a little bit of pink on your brush before sweeping it over your cheeks!
This blush blends really well too :)
I'm giving it a 1 for price, as I got it in a kit, and a 5 for packaging quality as this stuff is bulletproof! I carry it around in my makeup bag almost everywhere I go, and I haven't had any of the problems with it that I usually do with compact powders, like cracking and spillage! (this also goes for the foundation and mineral glow too!)

All in all I think this is a lovely product :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is heavily pigmented so it can look intense. For me, this is a good product because I have a hard time finding blushes that show up on me, I think it may be because of the finish of my foundation+powder combo/skintone (NC42). I find some blushes are either too sheer, or end up making me look like I'm hot or have rosacea. This doesn't look clown-like if used sparingly, and it has a subtle shimmer so it doubles as a highlighter. Not the best for layering with other Pur Minerals products like the foundation/bronzer because it can look too frosty since they all have the same finish. I would be likely to repurchase this because it actually shows up and is a blush/highlighter in one, but I cannot say for certain since there are sooo many blushes out there to try.