October 31, 2014 | 1622 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Casting Creme Gloss

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Aria01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Shade 3, Darkest Brown.

Firstly, my hair is now Blue-Black. Not brown. Black.

Second of all, this is a PEROXIDE dye. They claim it will wash out in 28 washes, but now that I found out that it has peroxide, it may not actually wash out. Other users have noted that it does not wash out.

So now, I may have to get my blue-black hair stripped professionally.

I am truely, truely shocked by the inaccurate advertising for this product and absolutely outraged

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by threearmsally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair had gone a gross seafoam-y grey after experimenting with purple dye on my platinum blonde hair. I just wanted to get back to a natural blonde shade. I used Casting Creme Gloss in 8304 Sweet Honey and I got a beautiful rich golden blonde color. It looks pretty much like the box, except not quite as warm - but this was because I had a very ashy base. I adore the color and I'm super happy. I will probably continue using this.

One box is enough for my fairly thick and medium long hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Emilysproducts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently bought the L'Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss in 1021. I applied this to my hair yesterday following the instructions given very closely. Once i had rinsed, conditioned and towel dried my hair I noticed that my hair was much more shiny and soft, although i didn't notice a huge shift in the colour of my hair I'm actually quite pleased with the overall end result.
I would recommend using a leave in conditioner or hair masque once you have towel dried your hair after rinsing it as it definitely helped keep the ends of my hair soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by yassaminj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am an iranian/english girl with dark-ish hair and generally dark features. I bought this hair dye a couple of days ago, after wanting to re dye my hair due to a bad dip dye which I had grown to hate.
So far, this product has proven to be dissapointing- the dyeing process was fine, and I had no reactions (I didn't allergy test but I would 100% do so!) The issue is that my hair was previously beautiful, and it was filled with different tones and natural highlights which I adored. The colour on the box appeared to match my hair but to my dismay now that its been dyed, my hair is BLACK. The colour turned out nothing like that on the box and my hair is jet-black. Whatever you do, don't leave this dye on for 20 minutes! Leaving it on for less will achieve a much better results and I'm so upset because I've lost my beautiful hair:(

Furthermore, this stuff does not ever come out even though it says it lasts 28 washes. I've used it before, and seen other reviews, and it does not ever come out. I wouldn't use this brand to achieve dark brown hair, the results are poor and I really dislike my hair at the moment. It's drab and looks like a wig, there are little highlights and I look like a goth. I'm planning on now buying a product to remove this rubbish hair dye. What a waste of money!

My hair does feel soft, but not much softer than before, and although I've got a lot of compliments on my hair I really really hate it. Worst mistake ever!

Positives: soft (ish) hair
Negatives: never comes out, damaging, appears BLACK not dark brown, looks like a wig.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Markella1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got one of the "Glossy blondes" series, number 1021 "light pearl blonde". It claims to be particularly good at getting rid of yellow tones in your hair and adding shine.This made my roots quite golden! :( Not full-on yellow, but definitely far from ashy.

My natural hair colour is a medium dirty blonde which lightens very easily and i never had to use bleach to lighten it. Hair dyes do the job just fine at lifting my roots, and my hair doesn't turn yellow easily. This was pretty dissapointing.
I would even have prefered it if it didn't lift the colour of my roots as much, AS LONG as the results were ashy! But no!
On the positive side, it smelled quite pleasant, didn't make my scalp itchy at all, it left my hair soft and the lengths are quite shiny. But all that is useless if the colour is so off! To anyone who's looking for a trully ashy blonde i recommend Garnier colour sensation 111. It's half the price and the only dye that makes my hair as ashy as i like it to be. I don't know why i risked it in the first place. The girl's hair on the packaging looked lovely, so i bought it like an idiot.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by alicja86

this review is for iced mocha and iced latte shades. i have used both on different strands to give my hair a bit of depth.

i would not recommend it as it ruined my hair. the colours are much darker from what was shown on the box with no shine to it at all.

it left ashy undertones on some hair and gold undertones on the roots.

i went to my hairdressers today and she said that she had never seen my hair to be this dehydrated ! she recommended to wait for couple of weeks before she does anything to fix it.

also, this dye is permanent not semi-permanent as it says on the box, it will take ages for it to fade away..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I realise Casting is semi-permanent, as it fades out over up to 28 washes, but it claims to cover up to 50% grey and as I have considerably less grey than that I thought I'd try it anyway. I used to use it years ago to jazz up my dark brown hair but that was when I had no greys. Recently, I've tried both the medium brown and the chocolate shades. On both occasions I noticed that overall my hair came out considerably darker than the box depicted for about three washes then faded somewhat, but my roots were noticeably lighter. I also noticed the greys faded considerably within several washes and some greys never took the dye at all, despite me being extremely careful to cover all my hair. My hair felt rough and dry immediately after rinsing thoroughly and had that familiar chemical smell. The conditioner is lovely though and my hair felt full of body afterwards. To summarise, I would only use this very occasionally if it is on special offer just to jazz up my hair colour when I fancy a change from my usual Nice n' Easy semi permanent in Dark Brown, and even then only if I have little grey to cover (I use permanent colour every six weeks, using a semi-permanent in between to cover my roots and refresh my colour). The Castings colour range is more exciting than Nice n' Easy. But on me the results are disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Plum to basically replace the brown undertones in my hair with purple ones. From looking on the back of the box I thought that it would be perfect. WRONG! I left it on for the required time (20 minutes I think...) and after a good 10 minutes of trying to wash it out with cold water I put on the conditioner. This was the only part of the experience which I enjoyed. The conditioner is strongly scented and made my hair feel soft.

On the other hand the dye was an ongoing unpleasant experience. Firstly - hydrogen peroxide. Not what I was expecting from a semi-permanent dye. Maybe I was just misinformed but I didn't realise this before I bought and used it. Not ideal but my hair feels no worse for wear. Secondly - colour running. As I said not only did it take unusually long for the colour to even run pink after the initial dye but I was washing pink water out of my hair for over two weeks! The resultant colour wasn't even noticeable enough to have justified using the dye in the first place.

It WAS a shiny extremely dark black-purple which I was ok with. It was by no means what the box had promised but it was acceptable. But after a few conditions (I don't wash with shampoo) it's pretty much back to where I started. A month later and now only in direct sunlight can you tell that purple dye and I had ever come into contact. In a sense I wish that I had the same problem of longevity that others complained about!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Tara134

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's an amazing product if you want to go darker but it is not semi-permanent. I used Golwell's color remover three times in a week and I couldn't get it to lighten shade 323 to a level 5 or even 4! My natural hair is a level 6 (very ashy) and at first I tried their level 6 -various shades- just to give a bit of wamth and cover my very few greys. Their level 6 shades don't work on level 6 hair and do not cover grey. Then I tried level 5 but it only darkened my natural without covering the grey. Then I went straight to level 3 which totally and completely covered up everything. Since then I have black hair with a hint of red and lighter roots. I will probably need to have it professionally stripped and then go back to level 6. So, I'd say that their darker shades are permanent and their lighter are probably not that good. At least it didn't fry my hair. Could have been a lot worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by kittenstein

I was really happily surprised with this product. I had dull mousy brown hair and this added a nice rich colour to it! Not to mention it feels so soft after using the conditioner! Feels just like i've had it done at the hairdressers. I after applying the product to my hair I left it on for only around 10 minutes as I was scared it was going to turn black but it came out really nicely. I used the colour Praline brown and would use it again, i'm excited to try out other colours in the future after this experience.

I would recommend this to anyone, but just make sure you are only going a similar colour to your own to avoid mishaps.