September 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Trio - Sapphires

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ACEerCP

Before the Super-Uber-Atomic Lemming that is the Twilight Glow trio came along, this trio led me on a wild goose chase for weeks. I finally found it at a little drugstore a block from my SO's childhood home. I'm addicted to WNW on a whole but the e/s are what really do it for me. (Haven't fallen in love yet? Buy one of the palettes. Trust me, friends.) I really love doing smoky blue eyes with shades like Stila Sapphire, Lola Blue Bayou, and HIP Showy, so I had to get this one, especially after all the MU board raves. I do use all my e/s wet so that changes my results a bit, and this one does go KABLAM! on your eyes when used with a sprinkle of water! (I am super PPP/redhead/green eyes) While you can find dupes for the lightest and darkest shades, the medium greyed-down blue is a must for blue e/s fanatics. Not only is it great with the trio shades but this easily wearable with many other combos of other brands. It's a stormy blue that I can see being wonderful for gals with greyed-down green or blue eyes. The darkest shade is about as dark as a shade you'll find out there with plenty of light blue shimmer. The lightest shade I am not a big fan of, since it strikes me as a bit 80's (and I don't like light blue e/s in general really), but used with a light hand it's great as a highlighter or accent shade. But if you're looking for the best blue smoky eye kit out there, this has to be a contender. Throw in the dirt-cheap price and you can't miss. I don't love this trio as much as I do other WNW shades, but it's still a must-have. If you're a blue e/s collector, this will be a treasured piece in your stash! If you haven't already, try the two darkest shades wet and paired up with pinks on your cheeks and lips! :) If you find a way to get this still, don't hesitate to snatch it up. Plus, it's an easy swap if ya don't like it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Pomlvr

Got this for $1 at my local grocery store. I didn't think much of it because almost every other drugstore eyeshadow I have tried was very chalky and sheer.
When i finally got around to using this--WOW!!! The colors are gorgeous and super pigmented with a hint of shimmer. I could see these shadows being sold under a high end name, and people paying lots of $$. GREAT deal, hope to buy another trio. Packaging is pretty simple and kinda lame but hey, for $1 what do you expect? =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this at CVS for $1.99 after the coupon on the display. All three blues are shimmery. The first color is a pale but not chalky blue, the second is a stunning midnight blue which would make a great liner, and the last color is a medium bluish gray. Great quality, but it's a limited edition which really sucks. There's a slide-out mirror which comes in handy, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 9:21:00 PM More reviews by shortygal201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! I LOVE this trio so much. I was in a CVS that I don't normally go to and happened to see one of these left in the display. The pigmentation is very good with these and the colors are great. The darkest blue/sapphire shade makes a beautiful liner, then there is a slatey/smokey blue shade which is very pretty, and a lighter blue shade which is pretty. They all work well together and look great! If you can find one of these, grab it!!