September 1, 2014 | 1656 users online

Makeup Brushes - BeneFit Cosmetics - Slant Powder Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite blusher brush I've tried so far. I use it almost every day and wash it regulary and it doesn't shed. The bristles aren't the softest which is the only bad point, but it picks up blush as it should and makes applying quick and easy because of the angle. My friend has used it and didn't like it and we realised it may be down to our face shapes. She prefers rounded brushes as she has round cheeks which she swirls blusher on to, whereas this angled brush contours and applies in one sweep to my higher cheek bones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Lucy156

It's really scratchy and flimsy, sheds so much both on the face and when I wash it, thought benefit would do better quality brushes for the price. Also the bristles on the end kind of stick out side ways, not good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

A nice blush brush that i did use for a few years with a few of the different BeneFit face powders and it does work really well. I bought mine on recommendation of the SA at the BeneFit counter. I have to say that i don't use this brush anymore (i have replaced with E.L.F studio blush brush - cheaper and better!!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow it's interesting to see the range of reviews here. This brush has been practically the only blusher brush I have used in 3 years! (Got it for my 22nd bday so I can do the maths!!) I have cleaned it regularly and have had zero shredding. I love this brush. It works so perfectly with Benefit's 10 blusher. I find the bristles lovely and soft compared to other blusher brushes I have tried! Nothing bad to report!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the white handle of the brush, but the bristles were too hard and too coarse to work with. They shed after washing. Save the money for a Shu blush brush instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

This brush is great for contouring and applying blush with more definition. It doesn't shed and it's soft also.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

all i can say is that it stinks my face........when i apply my blush i don't sweep liked most people......coz when i sweep i found that it just kinda removed all my concealers and i have alot of acne marks that i have to cover.........so instead i stroke from one spot and slowly move to another with this brush and it literally hurt my face.......so this is no good for me.......i've just recently bought the expensive 40 dollars mac brush.........hopfully it will work better..........

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok i have a love and hate relationship with this brush. for number one, i dont think this brush is for everyone. i have nice high cheekbones and it's hard to accentuate them with this slanted brush. right when i thought i figured out how to use this, it comes out all wrong. or maybe im just dumb and i dont know how to use it. i've tried several techniques and they don't seem to work. it's supposed to be fool-proof but it just gives me a headache. i think i will stick to a round brush from now on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

This brush tapers to quite a flat slanted head therefore leaving a very dense application of colour on my pale cheeks. I prefer a bigger, rounder brush for a more sheer blush application. And it shed quite badly at first. Also, perhaps a petty complaint, but I really don't like brushes with white handles because I don't like them getting all smudged with fingerprints of my colour cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 10:33:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with this brush when the MA used it in order to apply powder to my face at the counter. Instantly I knew that I wanted it, and I returned a few days later to pick it up. I had been using MAC 129sh at the time and was looking for something which was small and portable enough, but had a larger handle. This brush fit the bill and I was happy to tote it home with me (and at a decent price, no less!) - it became my baby. Unfortunately, like many babies, this one too had growing pains. After the first few uses with face powder and some Georgia, the brush started to shed. Not as much shedding as the MAC 129sh, but an average of 1 bristle per 2 uses of the brush. After a week of use, it came time to wash the brush. To my complete horror, a concerning amount of black dye was released from it. Concerned, I sent an email to BeneFit customer service. They replied, stating that they put a great deal of attention to details and quality and "We are sorry to hear that the Benefit product you purchased does not meet these standards". Dissapointed, I vowed to love my Slant brush anyway, and it returned love to me. I washed it frequently and the rest of the excess dye came out with time. After this, it became much softer than it was when I had first purchased it. I guess good things happen to those who wait.