April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Treatments - China Glaze - Orange Cuticle Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Generally speaking, I prefer butters and balms to oils, but I thought I'd give this a try and I really like it for use right after I do cleanup on a manicure (when I've had to use acetone on my cuticles). It goes on smoothly, doesn't disturb the polish, and does a pretty good job of moisturising. This oil comes in a frosted glass bottle the exact size and shape as China Glaze nail polish, and you apply the oil with a brush.

I LOVE the orange citrus smell of this. That's probably my favourite thing about this oil. It apparenty is a blend of primarily almond oil, rice bran oil, vitamins A, C, and E, botanical extracts to soothe, heal, and provide natural antiseptic properties (Barley, Sandalwood, Phelleodendron, and Rosemary), and I especially appreciate that it contains jojoba, which penetrates the skin and even the nail plate like nothing else.

So, while I will say this is not my go-to cuticle treatment, I'm happy to have it and use it as part of my nail and cuticle care routine, because it really does have great qualities and it's a useful product to have around. Will certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have so many different cuticle treatments but this one is in my top 3 for sure! Its in a frosty bottle, the exact same size as a china glaze nail polish, with the same brush, etc. It smells exactly like fresh peeled orange, and moisturizes beautifully. I do find that I have to use it once a day or so to Maintain however. Even so, I will continue to re use and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by BonnieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only cuticle oil I have ever tried, and it will stay that way. I am absolutely in love with it. This does so much for my cuticles, not to mention I love the slightly faint orange scent of this product! It smells wonderful. Since I live in Canada this is a bit difficult to find, and on the expensive side (about $9 plus taxes) however I would repurchase and I Fefinately recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried Poshe Cream(like it), CND Oil(love it too), Hoof Cream(smells odd but good), and then of course this China Glaze Orange Oil.
I really do love the ingredients and price tag.
I now only use this oil.

At first I was scared it is was going to smell like a cleaning product.

But.....Thank Goodness.......
It does "NOT" I repeat "NOT" have that yucky strong citrusy scent of a cleaning product!!
Because....IMO,citrus scents are only for cleaning products!

This has a very "GENTLE SOFTER ORANGE" scent that is barely there.
I am sure of this.... Cuz my smelling senses are extremely strong. Its so strong that it drives my hubby crazy sometimes...He has to wash a lot! Lol!!

Beside the awesome ingredients and gentle scent.....
I really love that I can oil my nails/cuticles down as heavily as I want.
The low price allows me not to worry about how much I'm using.
I used to worry about that with the price of CND Oil.

About 4 years ago or so...when my boys were older...
I began trying to have better nails...just like my Mommy and Sissies have naturally...ugh! Wish I did too! Not fair! lol!
My cuticles were dry and untamed.
My nails were the worst nails you could have! They were peeling, very very thin... like paper......so they bent in all directions!!!! I know...Right!

So, I began reading reviews on here and seen that cuticle oils with "good oils" really do make nails stronger.
I didn't believe it at first either.
But, it does. It truly gives strength and moisture to help them grow healthy.
When I forget to use it for a bit...I can notice the difference!

There a some cuticle oil "brands" that are "just mineral oil with a fancy name" to disguise it and an artificial fragrance.

So, always read the ingredients!

The ingredient of Almond Oil helps to strengthen...so I always make sure its high in the ingredient list.
In this one..... it is the 1st labeled ingredient! Yay!

The ingredients for this one are...... (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus (Orange) Oil, (Jojoba) Seed Oil, (Castor) Seed Oil, Barley Extract, Orange extract, Bark Extract, (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, (Sandalwood) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate(great for wrinkle smoothing), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate,(Rice) Bran Oil, BHT.

Pretty awesome ingredients for a $3.00 price tag....Uh!
And it is the same size as a whole bottle of polish!

Since I started using cuticle oils, glass files,
and the right nail treatments as base coats...my nails have been growing fast and a lot stronger!
They are now over my tips........ I actually have to file them now.

I only use GLASS FILE! (Cuz, emery boards actually tear up your nails layers and therefore we can end up with peeling nails)

So some tips for better nails....
Only use a glass file only....
Use cuticle oil at least twice a day!
Find your best nail treatment(it takes over 2.5 months for your old nail to grow out. So, do not get frustrated. Plus, your nails may peel and break more while in the process. It will help the new growth)

I hope all of this info... has helped you all!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by kissesinbetween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this! It's the first cuticle oil I've gotten so I can't compare it although I've heard pretty good stuff about CND's solar oil, it's on its way to me! ChG's cuticle oil does make my cuticles less dry, I've been trying all sort of creams and etc, I soak my nails in olive oil but this cuticle oil makes it less dry for less work. I realized it's only for a short term though. The next 2 days my cuticles will be dry again if I do not apply the oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

My cuticles are usually pretty bad - they're raggedy, they peel, and I get painful hangnails. It helps a lot that I've stopped using antibacterial hand soap and started wearing rubber gloves to do dishes, but the facts are that I do a lot of typing in my job and wash my hands a dozen times a day. To be honest, I'm numb to it when I'm alone. However, when the prospect of subjecting someone else to my cuticles comes up, I take the 5 minutes to use this. It doesn't make them perfect, but it certainly takes the edge off, literally, so that I don't scratch someone's skin while shaking their hand or something similar. I really like the orange scent - it's a very pleasant orange, not the pith scent, or worse, a fake medicine-y orange. The bottle is the same one ChG polishes come in, which I'm not 100% sure is ideal for something that tends to get slippery over time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first cuticle oil I have ever used so I can't compare to any other brands. I have the worst dry cuticles ever!! No cream has ever helped and I have tried many. I figured I would try the oil by ChG since I like all their other products. So far I like this stuff. I apply with a Q-tip and saturate my cuticles and surronding skin with it. I let it soak in for about 15 minutes and then use Vaseline dry skin cream to spread the oil all over my hands. After the first use I noticed a big difference so I will continue to use everyday!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I went without this for a month and I really noticed a downward turn. I started using Orange Cuticle Oil again and instantly I felt the improvement.

Here's what the product does according to the Head2Toe Beauty site:

_____Nourishes Cuticles & Strengthens Nails_____

Penetrates deeply and quickly to soften cuticle and give natural nails increased flexibility and strength. A special blend of five nourishing oils, including jojoba and rice bran, moisturize with antioxidant vitamin A, C & E. Botanical extracts act as a natural soothing and antiseptic agent. Penetrates polish without dulling or damaging your manicure. Apply two coats to cuticles and massage in gently.

Now me: I really like the thickness of this product! I was using the Sally Hansen Vitamin E oil and it just doesn't last, it rubs right away. This product just hangs on your nail. I don't know what part of the product does this. I feel the rice bran is important though as I know bran does hold moisture if I recall college nutrition class here.

I already explained the results I got, a dramatic improvement. As in ZERO hangnails. This is what I am talking about.

Now let me mention the smell is very mild and pleasant. It may have a slightly orangy smell but ONLY in the bottle. When you put it on, it really goes away and just smells nice and soft, really just like a natural oil smell. Not a trace of fragrance.

Also, the bottle is the standard China Glaze shaped bottle with a black cap. It comes in a box as do the other treatments, with a little plastic pull out window. I had no problems with the package, brush or anything.

To compare, the other products I had been using was the IMN (swan logo) nail oil, Burt's Bees cuticle oil and Barielle cuticle oil. Also Sally Hansen's. Next I am going to try Barielle's but if it's not better, I'll be back to my China Glaze's Orange Cuticle Oil.