Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sunflower oil, stearic acid(vegetable fat) vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, coconut oil, sodium borate (natural borax), cetyl alcohol, silica, glucose, witch hazel extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomile extract, echinacea (coneflower) extract, soap bark extract, cocoa butter, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), lemon oil, cilantro oil, tarragon oil, lavandin oil, jasmine oil, xanthan gum(natural thickener), sucrose stearate (sugar emulsifier), menthol, glucose oxidase, and lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

To start: I am 25 years old, with fair, semi-sensitive, combination skin. I am not particularly acne prone and when buying this cleanser, was not looking for an acne treatment--I was only searching for a gentle temporary alternative to my typical morning cleanser (which has always been Lush's Fresh Pharmacy). I saw this in the supermarket, and decided to try it.

Again, this was intended to be used as a morning cleanser, not a night one, so I cannot speak for its ability to remove makeup. I can say that a little seems to go a long way for my skin, and when I first applied it, the initial feeling was pleasant and smooth. It wasn't drying out my face, it was creamy, and it smelled good. However, the menthol is ultimately what killed it for me.

I had not read reviews before purchasing this and did not know it contained menthol at all, so when my face started to tingle excessively, my first thought was that I was having an allergic reaction. I panicked, went over my face with water, gently patted it with a towel, and spritzed rose water on it to try and tame the sensation. The tingling receded a bit but it was still there. I calmed when I realized it didn't hurt, but the sensation was not at all pleasant. It felt like I'd washed my face with peppermint toothpaste. It wasn't until I applied my Ole Henriksen Truth Serum oil and Shiseido Ibuki moisturizer that the tingling finally seemed to go away.

This cleanser is otherwise gentle and doesn't seem to irritate my skin in the long run--I'm not getting red or dry patches, it seems to be staying fairly even toned, and I'm not seeing any unexpected acne spots, so I would've liked to stick with this cleanser more often in between my buying my preferred Lush cleansers. But the menthol is just too much. I'm tired of rushing around in the morning, trying to hurry and gather my products to temper it back.

Please consider removing the menthol, Burt's Bees.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just started using this so I'm not sure how my skin is going to react. It has a nice smell. Love that it's natural. I like the cooling effect on my face after washing it off. Will update to see how it goes after a week.

1 hour update: Too good to be true! This wash after an hour leaves my face greasy. Very disappointing. Will have to return.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! This leaves my skin feeling moisturized and soft. Smells nice & lemony. I massage it into my face, then let it sit for a few minutes - it gets all tingly and fresh feeling - then I rinse it off. It doesn't seem to help my break outs - that's where ProActiv is my lifesaver!

I use a few different cleansers on my oily/combo/acne prone skin - switch them up every few days, and I like how this one feels invigorating on my face! I have several little travel size tubes that are the perfect size when I'm on the go!

really love the cleaning I get with this! And afterwards my face feels tight and tingling. I break out frequently but barely have in the past 8 weeks using this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had super dry, acne prone ,patchy, fair skin . Had being the operative word. Since using this in combination with the clary sage night cream , my skin is no longer dry, and it doesn't break out!!

This cream cleanser won't give you the squeaky clean feel like a foaming cleanser would , but that is the point ! You don't want to scrub your face to the point where you're stripping away natural oils, that will cause your body to create more oil and clog your pores. Nobody wants that :(

So, I cannot recommend this enough . To put icing on the cake, it's natural!!!! Give it a try, really, you may love it :)

It is cooling and gentle but not suitable for oily skin. It says deep cleansing, however, it feels like a combination of cold cream and cleanser.

I absolutely LOVE this facial cleanser. I've spent the past two years battling pesky combination acne that consisted of the random appearance of painful cystic acne, black heads and just about every pimple that no woman wants to spend their life trying to get rid of. I tried what feels like every salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide facial cleanser out there and it all seemed to be making my acne worst. I finally turned to the more natural route. I was so surprised to find out that the second I stopped using such harsh acne medications, my skin responded with beautiful results! This is a thick cleanser that smells amazing and leaves your skin feeling tingly and well moisturized. I've been using this cleanser twice a day for the past few months, followed by moisturizing with %100 natural Aloe Vera, jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil and my skin has never looked better. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone that has struggled with acne to no end and is willing to try a more organic and natural route concerning skin care.

I never would have thought Id like this product, but I really do! Even though it leaves my skin with a fresh/tingly/minty sensation, it doesnt upset my sensitive skin at all, and I came to like that minty feeling. I find that this really cleanses beautifully, and I especially like to use it with my Clarisonic for a deep but gentle and suds-free clean, or on its own in the morning to wake me up. It rinses easily and leaves my skin feeling really cleand and fresh, but not stripped. My travel size is empty now and I know Im going to miss it, so I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm absolutely in love with this product! I have very sensitive skin but this doesn't break me out or dry out my face at all! My only problem with this product is that the smell is very strong and sometimes it stings my eyes. But other than that I'm totally in love with this cleanser! I will definitely be repurchasing!

This is a very good mild cream cleanser. I've always suffered from zits all over my cheeks and chin then I discovered this amaze-ball cleanser! I've been using this since November 2014 and my face cleared up. I use this every morning and night, even removing makeup (mineral foundation, lip & cheek tint, waterproof mascara). This doesn't make my skin dry but kept my oil at bay. This is the best cleanser I used so far. Though it's a bit pricey in my country, the Philippines, I'll continue to use and purchase this.

How I use this:
In morning i lather this on my wet face then massage then rinse. At night, I lather this on my dry skin until I can feel that it already melt my makeup, then rinse thoroughly. Even it doesn't foam like other cleanser, a little goes a long way.