October 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the tingling feeling this gives and the lemony scent. It works best on dry or damp skin as it doesn't clean as well when I use it in the shower. You have to really work it in to feel fully clean. It does shrink pores temporarily for me and keeps breakouts from forming. It is not my favorite of all the Burt's Bees facial cleansers I have tried but it has some redeeming qualities. It is surprisingly gentle on my skin and leaves my skin less oily. It might work out better for me in the winter and i will consider using it as my morning cleanser for now until I can find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MyleiZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is amazing! I have very oily/acne prone skin with some dry spots, and this cleanser helps a lot! I've tried a lot of expensive brand soaps and cleansers, but none of them wowed me like this one does. It cleanses leaving skin feeling clean, but also moisturizes (I didn't even know cleansers could do that!). It's helped with my redness and acne scars, and overall makes my face look brighter. It smells fantastic and is a great price for such a large amount of product. I would suggest taking off your makeup with a makeup remover or towelette before using this, but afterwards it works like a charm!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by AndaJean

HG cleanser. Been using for over a year, and it's the first cleanser I've ever loved. My pores look smaller after using this, and it perks my face up really well in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this product. The lemony-clean fragrance runs through my nostrils down to my throat and really wakes me up. I have to make sure to exfoliate my face at least once or twice a week while using this product because it never makes my face feel as clean as I'd like, but I still love it. Would I repurchase? Probably not. I'd love to find a product that truly deep cleans in the shower so I will continue looking for just that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I first bought this in 2009 when I began my paraben-free kick. I return to this cleanser often because there are so many things I love about it.
It smells amazing. I love the lemony-menthol smell! It's super refreshing and definitely reduces stress.
Its nice and thick; a little goes a very long way!
It doesn't dry my face out, it feels clean AND moisturized. Didn't know that was even possible before the discovery of this product!
THE TINGLES! *gush* It tingles SO good!
My only gripe about this product is that it doesn't exfoliate. I dont need it to be a full-on scrub, but it would be nice if it assisted in the sloughing of dead skin. I have very unevenly textured skin, and I feel just a bumpy coming out of the shower as I did going in. Being a picker, I cannot have this.
BUT I will often use this after a good sugar scrub as a wonderful skin refresher. Leaves me dewy and happy. ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh my goodness, you guys, this stuff. This is my ride-or-die, one and only facial cleanser. I've really been trying to go as cruelty-free, environmentally-conscious as possible lately, and it all started with this. This stuff proves that a facial cleanser doesn't need a lot of harsh and/or synthetic chemicals to get the job done - the only times I've EVER had blackheads since I started using this product are when I go on vacation, travel, etc. and forget to use it.

For me, the best part is that my skin feels instantly softer, smoother, and all-around happier after using it. There's none of that dry, tight feeling that I used to associate with having a clean face - this product makes washing my face an actual pleasure, both during and after the fact. Even on days when I don't wear makeup, it does a fantastic job of removing the day's dirt and grime, and basically hitting my skin's "reset" button; so much so that I can almost hear individual pores giving little "ahhhh"s of relief. It gives a wonderfully soothing, cooling, almost tingly sensation, and smells just the same. (If something ever smelled tingly, this does.)

Of course, it's only my HG facial cleanser as far as face and lip makeup removal and general cleansing go. I use a separate remover for eye makeup, as I have found this stuff to be kinda irritating if it gets in one's eyes. Also, it's not the cheapest thing in my makeup routine, but for 97% organic and cruelty-free, I'm willing to spend a couple of extra bucks. And given that each bottle lasts for months (a line from my middle knuckle to my fingertip is enough to cover my whole face), it's a steal for the quality.

Pros:
- Pleasant scent, ditto for feel on the skin
- I really do feel like my skin is being refreshed, not stripped
- Wonderful clean feeling (and not squeaky-clean, either)
- Easy to find in most drugstores
- Excellent price
- LASTS AND LASTS

Cons:
- Irritating if it gets into your eyes
- Doesn't foam like many cleansers - if this is something you associate with facial cleansing, this might leave you feeling a little let down

Disclaimer(s): My skin has been pretty calm in general for the past few years, so I don't have much data on how it deals with really epic oiliness, dry patches, etc. I also favor fairly light makeup, so while this product does a fantastic job of removing BB cream, lipstick, and maybe a little blush, I don't know how it would handle any really heavy-duty foundation or similar.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by janeen83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initially liked the product because I like that clean and fresh, almost tingly feeling it gives your face. But after a few months of use it just doesn't clean my face well. I feel as if I have to wash my face at least 3 times to get everything off my face -makeup, oil, sunscreen etc.
I put 2 lipsticks for the packaging because mold grows around the cap. This didn't just happen to mine but my sister's one as well.
Overall, it o.k.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG cleanser. I'm on my fourth tube so I feel it's safe to finally write a review for it. I have used this for the past year and a half on and off but I always return back to this. Even though it's a deep cleansing cream, it's still gentle enough to use daily (morning and evening if you want). I think it's great for all skin types. When my skin is drier in the winter, this cleanser doesn't dry me out or leave my face feeling tight. I have always had blackheads on my nose and this didn't completely get rid of them but it has reduced the size of them. I tried the oil cleansing method (OCM) recently, looking to completely get rid of my blackheads but instead they've gotten larger, and on top of that my face broke out horribly with pimples and whiteheads all over. I went back to using this along with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and my skin has been greatly improving. :) This has never failed me and has proven to work great and yet be gentle enough to use in EVERY issue that arises with my skin (dry winter skin, oily summer skin, pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads). When I first started using this cleanser, I had this very intense tingly feeling (not painful or unpleasant) and then when I rinsed my face, it felt like I had washed it in the fountain of youth then dunked it in the snow haha! I guess my skin has gotten used to this product because it no longer feels like that when I use it.:( Oh well. It also has a really nice smell to it. I'd recommend giving it a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by deciduousforest

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works well for me. I have sensitive, easily irritated skin and this leaves it clean without being drying. Takes off MU and sunscreen well and makes my skin feel refreshed. Con-- It does have a slight methol smell and can tingle if I use too much. So I just use a small amount and rub it in well, then rinse.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I take my skincare routine very very seriously, and this is one of my favorite everyday products.

I don't really use this to remove makeup, at least, not by itself. Usually, I will have wiped off excess eye/lip makeup with a cotton sheet soaked in Missha's oil cleanser before. I use this cleanser in conjunction with my Clarisonic and it always makes my skin feel so lovely and fresh.