November 22, 2014 | 1918 users online

Polishes - Zoya - Angelina

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

So glad I bought this on a whim. Agree w/other reviewers. Looks mostly black indoors, but much softer. And definitely dark brown in the sun. The color is simply beautiful and I think should suit most skintone. What impresses me the most is how glossy and reflective it is, even without a topcoat. No shimmer. Just a really shiny creme. Two easy to apply coats. Give this a try if you want to try a dark sophisticated color without going black (a bit like comparing apples and oranges, but if I had to choose, I'd choose this over Essie Wicked...also a great polish, but takes more coats).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by marley100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm new to Zoya polishes. Up to now, I've used Lippmann or Chanel, but Zoya puts them both to shame--and at $8, is considerably cheaper.

Angelina is the deepest and coolest of browns. People think it's black at a quick glance, but to me it's clearly a very dark coffee brown. I adore it. I've had it on 9 days, with only one tiny chip, which was easily touched up. Polish never stays on my nails that long.

What I love about Zoya is that the company website tells you what polishes are cool or warm, taking a lot of the guesswork out of purchasing. I've bought three polishes in the past month--Dakota (blood-red, with a hint of brown) and Lara (a blue-based electric pink), in addition to Angelina, and they're all gorgeous, but Angelina is my fav.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by hmccorry

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely terrific colour, so dark and yet warm - the colour of high-roast coffee beans. The shine is unbelievable and lasts for days: I'm new to Zoya polish and I've never used any poilish that was so glossy before. Even an overcoat of OPI Nail Envy didn't dampen it down. Superb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

my favorite brown polish EVER...

it does look almost black under certain lights but you can always tell there are hints of brown to it... which isnt always the case with other "off-black" colors..

if youre into dark polishes this one is a must have

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by ebetty

At first I thought Angelina was going to be too boring, or too close to the couple dozen other "off-black" shades I have, but... I love it. I think karrieleigh's comparison to a black cup of coffee is dead-on. It's as deep and rich as brown gets, and it's so glossy on the nail. The first coat went on really streaky and uneven, which made me nervous, but the second coat evened things out completely with excellent coverage. Definitely check this out if you're into deep, dark shades with a little more interest than basic black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 9:36:00 AM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This shade is from the 2006 Zoya Drama Collection for the holiday season. This shade is the perfect black cup of coffee brown, so brown it's almost black. To me it's like the brown version of LPAD or Lippmann Dark Side of the Moon. I love shades that are variations of black and this was no let down. It hasn't gotten many raves yet on the boards but I think its really gorgeous! As always, application is perfect and not at all streaky. Zoyas are all toulene, formaldehyde and DBP-free. A very neutral tone also. I'd buy it again for sure!