October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - MAC Holiday Dress Set 5 Warm Lustre and Lipglass

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by juwel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! I got this on a whim when I was replacing my Palatial lustreglass, and it's one of the best impulse buys I've ever made. Every colour is wearable. As teh previous reviewer said, the hardest colour to wear is Florabundance cos I am quite tanned, Asian with pigmented rose pink lips..I actually like my natural lip colour very much so I'm quite hard to please with lipstick. However I was determined to make it work and find that a light layer is best. It is a perfect nude colour to offset a smokey eye, which is a look I like to wear for night. Spring Bean is a delightful, surprising color that goes on honey gold/caramel, new flame is gorgeous and not too orange which was the fear when I got it, and instant gold is great for that shimmery gold lip and on top of various lipsticks...I haven't tried it out that much yet. The least exciting one for me is actually Wonderstruck, which is nonetheless a pretty pink, just that it's not particularly unusual, and I go for interesting. Yup. Definitely a good purchase... worth it cos you get so many wearable colours! Get this Florabundance especially if you have pale lips...I get the feeling they'd be gorgeous with it on. The other shades are sheer shimmers, and can be worn by anybody. The only other Lipglass formulation, which are heavier than Lustreglasses, is New Flame, which could be overwhelming on some complexions. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by lili1968

I purchased this set a little over a week ago because I had been wanting to try Spring Bean and Wonderstruck lustreglasses. I'm pretty much pleased with all with the exception of Florabundance lipglass, which is a thick, milky, nude-pink. The set includes the following colors: New Flame(I love this, it's a very pretty bronzey-red)Wonderstruck(Pretty peach-pink w/ a little frost to it)Spring Bean(Bright yellow-green but on the lips, it really does turn into a honey color)Instant Gold(Beige-Gold and love this over lipstick)Florabundance(Nude-pink, I haven't found a way to use this, but I'm gonna hold on to it anyway;). Overall I'm pleased, but New Flame was a LE and can't be purchased anymore, but I've read some reviews that compared New Flame with Ornamental lustreglass, so I'll be trying that out soon.