Paula's Choice Smooth Matte Lipstick - Rose Brown

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 6/28/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I received two brand new tubes of this lipstick in a swap and took a chance... SO glad I did, as it's such a go-to color for me. Lasts and lasts, too thanks to the smooth matte formula, and surprisingly, not drying. Like others have said, it's a nice warmer brown-rose and yet is still neutral enough to wear with everything. Another "your lips but better" color for those medium complected and on the warmer side (I'm NC30 to C3, very yellow-olive toned).

on 2/6/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Repurchase (several times). Intense colour, does not bleed, nice brick rose brown. Not greasy, not thin. I like heavy lipstick, this is it.....

on 7/15/2007 4:46:00 AM

I bought the sample sized tube of this shade. While I don't mind the formulation, a comparatively bearable matte preparation, on me it was an orangeish pinky brown. Not the most flattering colour seeing as I have some yellow undertones and not one that I'll be repurchasing.

Thanks so much for the sample sizes Paula, it does help greatly in avoiding expensive mistakes!

on 11/25/2006 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Retails for $8.95 online. You can also buy a sample to try.

This is a warm rosy reddish colour that compliments warm skin tones. It applies smoothly and evenly, providing good coverage. I always prep my lips with a clear balm so that tones down the lipstick shade, making it look more neutral. I think this is the red I've been looking for, a ylbb red if you can imagine, so not really red but mimics the effect in a natural way. It's a classy colour like most PC lip colours IMO. The staying power is great. continued >>

Recommended for Medium Skin