April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Blush - New York Color - Outside Cafe 654B

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This is a colorless shimmer. Really? That's not even close to what a blush is supposed to be. Looking at the pan, I thought it'd be very similar to Wet N Wild Pearlescent Pink. I'm trying to find something similar with better staying power. If I could then that product would be HG. This NYC product is just a big flop IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I read the previous 2 reviewers from myself before starting mine and I couldn't agree more. This was my first experience with NYC blushes. It looks like a beautiful peachy shimmery color in the pan. Unfortunately, it doesn't translate onto the skin. Instead there is no pigment and just a shimmer. I don't think this is absolutely horrible if you're looking for a highlight and NOT a blush. For price it was worth the try.

I got 2 other NYC blushes at the same time. I'm hoping those won't have the same problem because I really don't need that much highlighter.

Also, like other NYC powders, not much product comes off with a light brush dabs. Some might like this and some may find this strange. I haven't decided what I think of it yet but since opening this thing up, I have barely reached for it again so that is not a good sign.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by ichig021

This is a peachy brown/pink blush with shimmer that immediately caught my eye. Bought it hoping it'd translate into a decent color on my cheeks... but sadly that wasn't the case. I ended up getting all shimmer and absolutely no color so instead I started using this as a highlighter and it's working out better that way. And of course, the brush that comes with it is scratchy and useless. Overall, I don't completely regret purchasing this -- it just didn't work out as a blush for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mdolores82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Did not like this blush at all. This is not pigmented at all. I could not even get the color to show up on my finger at all, like it was just a block of... well just a block. I could not get powder off this blush. I really wanted to like this blush seeing the reviews on here. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this specific color of this blush based on a rec in Carmindy's 5 Minute Face book. It's inexpensive and easy to find, so why not try it? It's true that it isn't very pigmented, but I think they did that on purpose (it is called "Glow Blush", after-all) bc it's supposed to give you more of a glow from within look rather than looking like you have blush on your face. I also think that this is the reason Carmindy put it in her book. We all know she loves natural looking enhancements. This product accomplishes that for me. I do have to layer it to get the pigmentation I want, but I like that better bc that means I am in control, and I don't have to worry about fixing mistakes or looking like I have layers on. I will try other blushes from this line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I like this blush for touch ups. It's a lovey color, but the pigmentation isn't anything to write home about. I didn't want to trash it so I put it in my handbag for on the go touch ups. It gives you a nice glow (has some subtle shimmer to it) so I don't mind having it around for when you need just a slight amount of color to the cheeks or when your regular blush starts to wear off. I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by heartyfarty

I just bought this product at a BOGO1/2OFF sale at ULTA for NYC products and I'm pretty happy I got it. It's not reallt a blush for me, but rather a highlighter. I guess you have to build it up like what other people said here to see the color, but I haven't really tried it yet. I tried building this product up like 2x, but still no color (I'm NC 30). However, it does give me a really nice glow and can be used as a really fantastic highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have four NYC blush shades, but I almost always reach for the Outside Cafe shade. It's so gorgeous! This medium peachy pink shade has just enough subtle shimmer to make my skin appear healthy, yet very natural. I've come to appreciate sheerer blushes since they don't go on splotchy on my light skin. But this does provide the perfect amount of color. Bottom line, this goes on smoothly, doesn't cause breakouts, and lasts all day, and it's cheap (in price, not quality)!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ELIZApatricia

This is a nice medium peachy pink shade w/shimmer, that does not go on splotchy or bright on my light-medium skin. Not what I'd call a highly pigmented blush, but definitely provides plenty of color, in fact I'd say it's the right balance of pigment. And this applies so smoothly, and last so well, that it's what I prefer to use. Also, a lot of blushes break me out for some reason, but what I love about this is that it's non-comedogenic and really doesn't cause breakouts. I want to branch out and try some of the other shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first time trying out a NYC product. I needed a new blush, since mine at home is very pink and I wanted something slightly more neutral. This blush was very inexpensive, a couple of bucks. My skin tone is medium/light and I have medium brown hair and dark brown eyes. I love this color, it's a nice not-too-pink which gives a flushed, fresh, awake look. It also has a tad bit of apricot in it which I think does the trick. Apply sparingly and build the color because it can get too intense very quickly. I hope this continues to look good all day. I think I'll get lots of compliments on this color. Note: if you like Jane Blushing Blossom, this will look terrific on you! Also, use your own good brush, never the cheap ones in the pan.