April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

Awesome lotion. Never stings if I apply on legs after shaving and non greasy. Nice light smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by hosullivan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The GREATEST dry skin moisturizer in the drugstore. I have exceptionally dry, tight, flaky (but not itchy or red) skin, and this stuff is like a magic cure. I slather myself in it after a shower and it's completely gotten rid of the flaky patches I'd been dealing with. It soaks in, stays a TINY bit sticky on areas that aren't exposed to the air for a while, but not sticky enough to bother me. Smells cocoa-y as you'd expect, but the smell evaporates after application, only really smells if you put your nose to your skin. I'm on my third bottle and I'll probably keep using it until they stop making it, even though I'd like to find a more natural (non-petroleum based) cocoa butter moisturizer. It's too good to stop! The only thing I don't like is about it the bottle, if it came in a tub it'd be easier to get all the product instead of the top 3/4. Again though, third bottle, I'm not going anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by naturallyginger17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I Love this stuff. I am a huge skin fanatic, I like my skin to be super soft, I moisturise basically every time I wash my hands, as well as every morning and night. And so, i spend a good portion of my time looking for new lotions to try out. Unfortunately, many of them suck. They don't sink in fast enough, when they do they leave that gross film on the skin, the smell is too intense and leave my skin feeling dry no matter how much i reapply.

But this stuff is the Opposite of a bad skin lotion. For me, it sinks in quickly, smells good but wont fight with any of my perfumes, i only have to apply once the majority of the time and the moisture lasts for a long time. It now comes in a super big container, which is great for someone like me who tends to use it more than twice a day.
Please note that just because i moisturise a lot doesn't ave anything to do with this lotions ability to moisturise, it is just me wanting to keep my skin forever soft.
I think i'm on my fourth or fifth bottle and the one i have now s about to run out so i will be buying it again really soon.
I do find that it can get annoying when you have almost finished the entire thing and there is all that product left at the bottom and you have to take the lid out and shake it onto your hands.
I found that this one was a lot better than the Aloe Vera one by the same brand, especially if you have slightly drier skin and want a long lasting feeling of moisture.
I have found that this has really helped to improve the quality of my skin. I use this product especially after showers in which i have used my homemade body scrub (olive oil or coconut oil, brown sugar), and after a year of this the skin on my body is now super soft.
All in all, a great product that you should definitely try out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm currently on my third bottle of this product, I love it. I use it every day twice a day, morning and night. It's moderately thick but is actually pretty fast absorbing. It feels great on my skin and leaves it soft and glowing. Smells pretty good, almost like coconut. Comes in a big bottle for around $4-$6, lasts quite a long time for me. When the bottle starts to get empty I have to pop the top part off and shake it out since the pump won't dispense it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk99

I've been using this product for a straight 2 months and got a lot of good stuffs from it. The reason i picked it because it was crazy cheap! It also moisturises well (its slightly heavier than the other Vaseline lotions) and smells like chocolate-milk-praline gourmand thingies. I cant find any cheap lotions that has a great scent without being plastic-y after the scent fades after a good 2 hours or so. The plus is it gives my skin a subtle glowing effect which is great because matte-looking legs is bad to see.. I will definitely repurchase this since its very cheap!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I grabbed this on impulse near the cash register because it was on sale for a ridiculously low price and I figured I had nothing to lose. Despite the fact that it was like $3 for a huge amount of product, I am STILL disappointed.

I've found dollar store lotions that work better than this runny, watery mess. It doesn't absorb into the skin quickly and it doesn't moisturize at all from what I can tell. When I compare this to Bath & Body Works lotions (which are sub-par but useful), this lotion is junk. When I compare this to Eucerin body lotions (my all time favorite, long lasting, quick absorbing, inoffensive scent) this Vaseline body lotion might as well be water. Don't waste your money. I wouldn't want this product even if they were giving it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mischabelle87

This is a good drug store body lotion. I like the included cocoa butter. My legs, arms, stomach feel smooth after using this.The packaging is ideal due to the attached pump. It makes for effortless dispensing. I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I am a lotion junkie. I love The Body Shop, I love smelling like a giant peach, or lemon, or puff pastry. I'm also the type to forgo perfume in the winter time just to apply some thick lotion onto myself.

However, I also hate lotions for the day that are so heavily scented that I can't wear it anywhere else but to bed. I don't like thick, greasy, and gloopy lotions that stick to my leather furniture and never fully absorb into the skin. I only wear heavy lotions to bed for maximum absorption, but anything that lingers on my skin when there's daylight is a no-no.

This lotion is reasonably priced at 5 bucks in Walmart. It smells divine, like an adult chocolate scent and isn't overpowering after 5 minutes unless you're right next to me. (My dogs and husband go crazy when they smell this on me...the dogs lick like it's food...ew). I don't like a lot of drugstore lotions that smell rather medicinal or nondescript. For how big it is, I don't know if I would ever use it up since I switch my lotions up rather quickly, but it's a good bathroom staple for the roommate and husband. I also like how it's very lightly scented and won't compete with my perfumes. Needless to say it's moisturizing and keeps my dry legs/arms shiny and soft.

The only downside is the awful pump and tacky bottle, but that's okay. Not everything can come in a cute little tub.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by LL98

Smells good, the bottle has lasted me ages! Leaves my skin soft and smooth. Absorbs really quickly. Overall it's really lovely and I will always use it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by CakesandCaramel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my third bottle which says it all.The thing that drew me in was the scent it smells sweet and light has cocoa butter so moisturizes very well.Glides on smoothly gets absorbed fairly quickly with no greasy residue left.Everything a body moisturizer should be.Another one with a sweet smell that I like and I'm a sucker for anything sweet scented is the Jergens original scent.