September 18, 2014 | 936 users online

Makeup Brushes - Posh Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This kabuki is a hidden treasure in the brush world imo. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond about a year ago. The brush is still going strong and I have experience little to no fallout of the. The brush is so soft. I like to use it for mineral makeup Only thing is I wish it had white bristles so I could see how dirty it's getting. Other than that no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by herbgurl82

Found at K-Mart for $13. Little to no shed, soft as silk, and includes a cute little case to protect it. The case is great for travelling, or just chucking in your purse for on the go. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a little scratchy, thoroughly clean and you shouldn't have any probles with shedding. I use this to apply my bare escentuals loose foundation and it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATED: after a few more uses, I have seen some shedding, but this is still a great cheaper kabuki option.

For me, this brush is a great buy. I don't use mineral makeup so this isn't an everyday brush that will get used heavily for my primary face makeup. I use it for blending blush and have used it to buff loose powder over TM; works great for both!

It's quite dense/soft-no scratchy feeling on my sensitive skin.

Don't buy this online though! It's way too expensive online. I found this in a HARMONS store for $12 and change.

It came with the "coffin" case and an extra brush, labeled eyeliner brush. The case is cute and great for travel. I make sure the brush hairs aren't caught in the closure seams before shutting it since it's a tight fit, but that will probably help the brush to retain a nice shape.

The so called eyeliner brush, well, I just don't see how you'd use it as a liner brush. It's flat synthetic white fiber with a rounded tip. It looks like a concealer brush, but feels much softer. I've used it for under eye concealer and that works ok. Might be good for cream eye products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for $5. I bought two of them, one for backup since it was so cheap. I LOVE it!!! It's very soft, and it comes with a leather case, though it was hard to store in my makeup case and go-to makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a Kabuki brush and i was thinking about getting a highend kabuki brush but when i saw this one i just had to get it!
I was so surprised when i saw that this was very cheap for 12.00, it was soft, and it came in a leather case! I just had to get it and try it! I am so happy with my purchase. It does the job well and it looks very highend! I am glad i got it instead of buying an expensive highend kabuki brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by knics33

I got the regular sized kabuki (that comes with the little leather case) at K-Mart for $14.99- what a great deal! It retails for $40 on the Posh website. I am in *love* with this brush. After putting off buying the MAC 182 I was lucky enough to score this brush for a fraction of the price of the 182. It is super soft and dense and applies powder, mineral makeup, bronzer, etc. fabulously. I have had a few hairs come out (like maybe 3), but I have used and cleaned this brush many, many times. After playing with the 182 at MAC on several occasions, I think I am liking my Posh brush better! To me, it seems fuller (haven't brought the brush in to MAC to compare so don't quote me lol) and even just a tad softer. Overall, I am VERY pleased with this kabuki and plan on scouring K-Marts for as many Posh brushes as I can find. Also- I have heard some Krogers get Posh brushes. A+++

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MacEng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the retractable kabuki brush by Posh. Bought it at the drug store as my first kabuki, as I don't live near a Sephora or any specialty makeup stores, and I also didn't want to spend too much for my first brush. I found the brush to be pleasantly soft, it's a good size and shape, and the retractable metal case is convenient and has been durable. I have had this brush for nearly a year, and after several months, it began to shed, like crazy! I wash it about once a week, and it was fine at first, but now it's become too annoying to use, every morning I have little black hairs sticking to my face and tickling me, and getting all over the sink. So this was okay for a first brush, but I think for my next brush, I'll be ready to splash out for something better, since I'll be using it every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this kabuki. The one I have is the traveling size one and I got this for 10 dollars. It is soft and dense just how a kabuki suppose to be. It's easy to wash, i use soap and then use conditioner afterward. This brush is great for my mineral powder foundation, press powder and powder blush. Anything with powder works great with this brush. The only problem with this is that it sheds a little- very little so far but will update if anything change. I dont use this daily since I dont use make up everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by sah125

For the price, this kabuki brush is great. The posh line has really soft make up brushes and they're very affordable. I use the kabuki brush everyday for my bare minerals foundation. I had to switch my original kabuki that came with the kit because it was just too prickly on my face. It also came with a portable kabuki case which is great for travel. I gave it 4 lippies instead because it sheds at times but not a lot. Update: the brush doesn't hold up its shape for too long. I've washed it about 5 times now and the bristles have started to fan out. It's a lot bigger than what it used to be.