November 23, 2014 | 2073 users online

Toners - Kanebo - Sensai Silk Softening Lotion Moist

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by boodagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Kanebo Sensai Silk Softening Lotion is amazing. I use this lotion twice a day, after cleansing in the morning and evening. I apply the lotion on a cotton pad and massage my face. The scent is light and pleasant. The softening effect on my complexion is outstanding. The lotion does not cause any irritation or blemishes. My occasional pimples, dry patches, and flakiness have been eradicated. This lotion serves as the perfect segue to any moisturizer. I have been using this product for ten years, which has been an extraordinary part of my skincare routine. Kanebo Sensai has recently exited the U.S., and I have to find a comparable replacement for this phenomenal brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I like this toner, it leaves my skin really soft and moisturized and it smells amazing, but paying such a high price for a toner would leave my face so sad and tired that all my efforts at beauty routine would ba waste of time...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm using Kanebo skincare for more than a year now and all I can say is I am totally positively amazed. This toner was the first one I used last spring in combination with the other regime products. After doing the double cleansing (oil+ milky soap) I used the toner and Emulsion 1. I think it is really important to do the complete regime to get good results. They work wonderfully together, and since I use Kanebo ( I meanwhile switched to the Cellular Performance line) I finally got rid of my monthly cystic acne breakout. I had this since I was like, 16, and I had it until I began with Kanebo last year. Since that time I didn't have any kind of breakout at all! I used Shiseido before, which I liked a lot, but I always had those breakouts on my chin, and apart from the fact that my skin is really glowing and healthy now, the breakouts are completely gone. So, I don't know if it's wise to only use this toner without the rest of the regime, and maybe it won't fit together with other brands products, but if you use the rest of them the results are really amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by smurfen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in Northern Europe with cold dry weather in the winter, I have super sensitive skin and allergic to almost all products I have tried (including Dermalogica, babor etc), but I found this product (together with the emulsion) is doing wonders to my skin. Before I needed to use a hydrocortison creme regularly in certain areas in my face due to eczema caused by either the weather or "wrong" products causing allergy and dryness, something I don't need any longer. Furthermore, my hands are also doing much better (also suffering from some eczema), something my dermatologist hasn't been able to help me with in years despite strong hydrocortison creme (I use my hands to apply the lotion to my face). I do agree with other reviewers that the lotion and/or the emulsion are quite "rich", I have the super moist in the emulsion (since I had such a dry skin when I bought it) but think I only need the moist during the day now when my skin seems to stabilize a little bit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really love this lotion. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, it doesn't burn or make me break out. You get A LOT of product and since I just apply it with my hands instead of a cotton pad I still have half of the bottle left after using it twice a day for four months. I use it with the emulsion and to be honest, I'm not sure which of these products is the ''better'' one but the combination of both just made my skin so soft and look really good. I like the bottle, I just hate the fact it's made of glass which means I can't take it with me on vacation, I don't want to risk and break it. Yes, it is expensive but less expensive that Dior products which also don't work as well as this does.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by middlemarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The salesperson said that the Lotion was a necessary step 1 before using the Emulsion so I bought the concept, step 1 + 2= perfection. The only thing is my skin didn't absorb the lotion, it just stayed on top, feeling like a sticky mask. I got all my answers when I read the table of contents; this product contains among many things...Sugar Cane! That explains why it felt so sticky. I may eat sugar but I dont want it in my face! I threw this product away and simply use step 2, the emulsion, and it works great on its own : )

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by tschueli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have super dry skin during the winter and after years of searching I finally found the perfect moisturizer! I use the lotion and the emulsion and my skin loves it! I finally got rid of all the dry spots I had every winter over the last years :-)
my best friend tried also tried it (due to my raves) but it didnt work for her, cause she has more of a normal/oily skin, it was too moisturizing for her...
I'd especially recommend it for dry and very dry skin! Try to get a sample before you buy full size, it's really expensive but for me it's well worth it, plus one bottle lasts me about a year!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 8:51:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one month of using Kanebo products I am compelled to write a review. Last month a friend and I went to a SPA in Badwoerishofen Germany (Girls weekend) and it was our intention to indulge our little selves in the Kneip SPA. Long story short, the facialist talked us into trying the Kanebo Sensai treatment - great idea. We bought some products which I will review.

Sensai Silk Softening Lotion (Level I) - is an excellent toner. It is called a lotion and please don't make the mistake of saying toner at the Kanebo counter LOL. But what the hell - we will call it lotion. EXCELLENT product and not at all irritating. After one month I am almost down to half of the bottle as I use it so lavishly. I love everything about this toner - ops Lotion, from the light soft fragrance to the way it softens my skin. I did not notice any breakouts or irritation. I look forward to using this product. My skin remains soft, moist and just wonderful after every use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this toner quite good, but not as moisturising as the one from the Sensai line. Sensai Silk is designed for 20 somethings and I feel that my skin really does need something more. Let's say this is a lighter version of the Sensai lotion, good if you have young skin and no problems. But then, for young skins, the price is ridiculous.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Helenama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I switched to this from Dermalogica since nothing seemed to help my skin and my friend had a really good experiece with Kanebo products. It has helped my combination skin get rid of dryness in the cheeks and surface dryness on the forehead which caused pimples. It is lovely to put on your face directly after cleansing but is not to be used alone. I always follow with the Emulsion (light version), and right now also with their Soothing cream at night. For day, I instead layer on Kanebo's Brightening Cream which contains sunscreen. For me, this regimen works wonders and has really helped my skin regain a nice texture and more even skin tone. A word of warning for the ridiculous prices, though: each bottle costs a fortune even though it lasts for a long time. I am also not too fond of the glass bottle, which is heavy to carry on travel and easily causes you to pour too much of the product into your hand if you're not careful.