Nivea nivea young control it moisturiser

3.8

I love this product. Last year, due to hormonal factors, my skin was incredibly acne-prone. Everything - and I mean everything, including oil-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free sunscreen, foundation, etc. - would break me out. Nivea Young Control It and thermal water were the only two things I could use in order to keep my skin moist. This is a really good moisturizer, I can really feel my skin more hydrated and silky after I put this on. As to its shine controlling properties, it breaks my heart to say they aren't that good, I mean, when you first apply this, your skin is shine free, but after a couple of hours, the oil is there. Despite that, I will keep repurchasing this, since my skin is still a bit sensitive and I trust this product like no other.

on 3/14/2012 3:54:00 AM

great to use under make up as a base moisturiser, it gives a great matte finish to your skin so make up glides over it but isn't greasy or anything
even as an everyday make up it's fantastic

on 9/15/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I only bought this because my fave mattifying oil control moisturiser (Garnier) was out of stock. I didn't like this... it wasn't too bad but it seemed like a much poorer version of Garnier! The mattifying effect wasn't as strong, maybe i am comparing it too much but i was just not satisfied. As for oil control.. it didn't control at all! I was getting oily skin within 30 minutes. Won't ever repurchase, i still have 3/4 of a tube left that is just sitting there.

on 12/22/2009 9:32:00 PM

This product claims to mattify your skin and control shine caused by oily skin. I liked the effect it gave to my skin - non-glowy and matte, as if I was wearing a very thin layer of powder on my face. The fact that this is supposed to be a mattifying moisturiser, decreases the effectiveness of the "moisturising" aspect and leans more to the dry side. I would NOT recommend this moisturiser to those with dry skin. On the other hand, the moisturiser works wonders on my combination skin, I have an oily T-zone, mostly on my forehead and bridge of my nose. I apply this on my face every night before bed and wake up with a non-oily face! In fact, my cheeks still feel as matte as the day before. The moisturiser has a very subtle scent, which probably wouldn't irritate people who are sensitive with invigorating smells.

on 10/29/2009 6:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my current favorite moisturizer. Its very light and calming for the skin. It has a divine smell and is very invigorating. It lives up to its promise of mattifying the skin, without stripping it of moisture. I took off a lippie for the lack of SPF, but that aside, I plan to keep repurchasing for a long time to come.

on 10/27/2009 5:13:00 PM

This is my favourite moisturiser, and i've tried a few. I have normal skin, but my forehead can get a bit oily. This moisturiser is absorbed easily, smells lovely and actually does what it says: controls shine. (However, i don't know how well it would control shine on someone with more oily skin than me.)
I also love how it has a UVA/UVB filter - so it protects your skin too.
This is the only moisturiser that i have tried that doesn't leave my skin feeling all sticky and horrible. Plus, i got it on offer so it was cheap which is an added bonus.

on 6/15/2008 8:46:00 AM

I have no idea where all the good reviews for this product came out of. It smelt nice, but that was it. It didn't make my skin soft or moisturise it, and if it did, it was probably giving the moisture that cleansing took out. Utterly useless.

on 5/12/2007 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great moisturiser, smells great, feels great on your skin, it controls shine for a while but not too long. Would buy again

on 11/24/2006 8:38:00 PM

Ive been using it for about a year now, its great.. just right texture and consistency, not too light and not too thick, pleasant discreet smell and lets skin breath under a fine mate finish. I also use it to mix various treatments during the day and it takes all the shine off. Only one thing to make it perfect: put some SPF in it!!!

on 11/22/2006 9:46:00 AM

Love this moisturiser!! My favourite out of the range. Makes my skin feel really refreshed and gives me a tingly feeling. Stops shine for a bit as its oil free and hasn't given my spots. I have really bad skin too but this hasn't given my any :)

Popular Face Skincare Products