September 30, 2014 | 1806 users online

Loose Powders - Cover FX - Cover Fx Setting Fx

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Ascipio

I quite like the CoverFX setting powder. They have two kinds Ė one that is matte and one that adds a luminous glow or something like that. I purchased the matte. The price was fine, I was going in with the expectation of spending $40 (as thatís typically the price of decent makeup here in Toronto, CA) and it was less which was great.

To give you an idea of my tone, politically correctly speaking I am ďAfrican-CanadianĒ, Iím not darkskin but I am also not lightskin so I float somewhere in the middle. A shade lighter than milk chocolate. The setting foundation has three tones and I got the middle. The lightest one would have been sufficient as I tried it in store since the worker suggested it BUT thatís something Iíd borrow from a friend in worst case scenario rather than actually buying for MY skin.

My skintype: very sensitive, oily-dry combo skin. It getís very oily throughout the day, but at the same rate I risk getting flaky skin if I rub my face up against a solid surface or some tissue paper the wrong way.

All that being said this product really made a difference for me. I apply it under my makeup for oil prevention, and on days when I know I am going to see my boyfriend (as he loves white t-shirts heís 6í1 Ií, 5í4) I apply both underneath the makeup for oil prevent AND on top to prevent makeup transfer. When I remember, I apply it one midday to help with the oil.

When I apply it under my makeup itís great because it doesnít affect how my foundation looks, but when I apply it on top it typically takes 30-45 minutes to set and blend in well. Not that it doesnít blend well automatically, but the time just allows time for my skin to look smooth rather than like I just powdered it.

I went from blotting (w. Anna sui oil control papers) 4/5 times a day to 2/3 times a day. Originally I was suggested primer to help with these problems but it didnít do anything. Not a single thing. I only continued using it so it makeup wouldnít slip into my pores as easily.

Overall, Iíd definitely suggest CoverFX setting powder =)

PS. Iíve only been using this for about 2 weeks. No problems identified yet and hopefully none to come but Iím definitely gonna get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Princess777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am personally a big fan of FX Cover since they whole brand and product line were developed by a group of dermatologist from Canada. I do have extremely sensitive skin and usually I canít use foundation or so and their products have gave me great result. I personally use this loose powder over makeup once I am done and add a bit of their blush after. When I donít want to wear any makeup, I use it too just so it controls my face when it getís oily.

Fx Cover products are by far the best ones I have been using with my sensitive-prone blemish skin and my skin never reacted badly to it and all of their products are free of: mineral oil, fragrance, talc, gluten and parabens which is GREAT. I will rate their other products as well. You should check out their website for more infoís and they have good informative videos ☺

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

*Review of COVER FX Setting FX Matte in Light* This has been my HG setting powder for a while, especially in the summer months. I loved how it gave a matte finish without looking powdery or unnatural. In the winter months, my skin is quite dry, and I find I can only use this powder on my nose and chin (where I'm oily) or it adds to the dryness on the rest of my face. Lately I have been noticing that this powder is irritating to my skin, especially around my nose. I don't know if this is caused by the powder specifically or perhaps my toner, moisturizer, or foundation, but after applying this the sides of my nose always become itchy. Again, my skin is extremely sensitive so this could be any product, but it seems to worsen after applying this product. Due to this, I'm currently on a hunt for a *cheaper* setting powder that isn't so irritating and provides the same all day wear to any foundation as this one does. I would recommend this to anyone oily, anyone who wears foundations that seem to finish "wet", and anyone who wants a matte finish but doesn't have sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Iampo0kie

I love the matte version! I use it to set everything from mineral makeup to liquid. I'm crazy about setting powder because foundation tends to disappear from my face easily. This makes it wear longer. I like the fine texture of it, I apply by swirling the powder around the dish to lightly coat my kabuki, then lightly stamp it into my skin. It doesn't make my foundation look cakey and it gives a super natural finish. I don't know how they do it but it's so natural! My only gripe is it can be drying. Sometimes I only put it on my tzone otherwise it will dry out my whole face. It's also stupidly expensive but I won't use anything else!

EDIT: Almost positive this gave me cysts... Stinks that a company catering to acne-prone people would make a product that breaks people out :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by aidan83

This is a review for the "Illuminating setting powder".

As a loyal MUA user, I usually don’t go out purchase anything with a rating less than say 3.8 just in case.

I have sensitive dry skin and have reactions to pretty much from Clarins to Dior. So the derm section was usually the only makeup I can touch.

This loose powder is exactly what I was looking for, something natural to keep my makeup last all day and NOT DRYING.

I bought the Marcelle one based on recommendations on this website but it broke me out big time ‚Äď maybe because of the mineral oil in it?

Either way, let’s see how this one last on a hot summer wedding day coming up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by whisper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOW is this supposed to be a matte setting powder when mica is the first ingredient?!?? If you're not familiar, mica is extremely light-reflective; it's what's used in mineral powders to give an illuminating (let's face it, sparkly) quality to the skin. So, there's that. I looked it up, and this powder is darn expensive to boot! Luckily, I was gifted this by my auntie. I would've never bought it for myself, as I research products before I buy anything, and I would've steered clear of a so-called MATTE powder consisting primarily of mica. It does nothing to control oil production on my normal-combo skin. Adds radiance to my face, yes, but seeing as I only use powder down my T-zone (I prefer to only mattify the parts of my face that tend to get shiny and leave the rest naturally 'glowy'), the result is pretty much the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve; and the opposite of what this product claims to achieve! I gave it a fair run and not only did it not serve the purpose of mattifying the areas where applied, it also emphasized pores. (This is, again, due solely to the light-reflective mica, 'cause that's what mica does!) Gave it two lipsticks because it's super finely milled and feels quite nice when you brush it on. Sorry to have to be so negative, but this powder is costly and virtually useless, and therefore a massive fail in my book.Save your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't mind this product was not fantastic but wAsnt terrible either. I used it up but prob would not repurchase .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Gandhilama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a rather large sample as a gift from Sephora and everything is perfect about it.
The sifter opens and closes so you control how much product comes out and when! It leaves a beautiful luminance and it's tinted which means no white cast for photos. Definitely will repurchase once I run out! This is way better than banana powder which I purchased around the same time. Banana powder dulls me out and makes me look chalky but this is divine perfection!

NC: 43

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I'm reviewing the Cover FX Matte setting powder (which i suspect is different to other people's reviews because mine has none of the sheen or dewiness that they reported...)

I have quite oily skin so the Sephora SA recommended this in 'medium' to me claiming i would love it. And i wanted to love it, but sadly i can't. First of all, the colour is all wrong on me (NC25, Bourjois 52-53, Nars Sheer Matte in Punjab) - its a little too dark and looks 'dirty' and ashy on my skin. It doesn't give me any sort of radiance or healthy glow, not even when it wears into my skin.

So disappointing! I'll try to use it in the summer months when my skin is a little darker but i would not repurchase because it's not worth the money and there are loads of drugstore products that work better for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tanyab1

I really like this setting powder. It's not chalky at all, and leaves a very pretty luminous finnish. A little goes a long way. And you can put a product over the powder if needed and it will stay as is. Won't cake up at all. I have repurchased this item many times.