December 21, 2014 | 1786 users online

Brows - Physicians Formula - Brow Definer Automatic Brow Pencil - Blonde Beige

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. It looks natural, stays on, and is easy to use since it is automatic. I hate sharpening eyebrow pencils. It won't break off if you just have a small amount at the tip. Thanks to all the gals who reviewed this product. Without your advice, I would not have tried it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Natural milky beige brown, not ashy and not red or orange undertones, its in the middle range so I'd consider it a neutral shade for dark blonde to light brown hair. Lasts all day. The packaging has everything right where you want it. Handy grooming brush on the cap.The tip is narrow so you get the product only where you want it, and there is a sharpener in the end if you want to create ultra precise strokes. Winds up and down fine. I like how the package is so slim and lightweight, it takes up no room in my purse.

The packaging could be improved...the plastic cap is so thin and light it cracks easily, so it won't sit on tightly, lets in air and dries out faster, and can fall off in your purse. Some comparisons:

NYX Auto Eyebrow pencil in "Taupe EP06" is half a shade deeper and has a warm yellow/orange undertone. This one is better for golden blonde to caramel brown hair. The tip is very wide so its hard to control on finer brows and you can't "draw" on hairs with this one. The formula is drier but this one is easy to control, as it goes on smoothly without "balling" or "crumbing" on my oily skin and lasts all day. The packaging is sturdier than the Physicians formula but bulkier and heavier.

Youngblood Brow Artiste Kit is has a wax, 2 shades of powder, a good sharp set of tweezers, a brow brush/spoolie that was good but too wide for my thin brows and an awesome compact with a large mirror. This set looks amazing on me, and lasts all day. Looks great in photos! I do love it for special occasions, travelling, and when I shape my brows (not often). For everyday I prefer the convenience and compactness of a pencil as its quicker and easier, and doesn't take up as much room in my go to bag.

Avon Glimmersticks Brow in "Tawny" is an un-natural light reddish brown. Goes on unevenly with "crumbs" or balls that are really obvious sitting amongst the hairs. Even swatched on my arm I noticed it skipping and balling up. Very greasy, goes on with too much pigment and then it melts off down my face unless I powder but then that looks weird. Avon claims glimmersticks is "self-sharpening" but it is blunt and WIDE. I hate this pencil.

Mac brow pencils are very thin so they get used up in 3 weeks and break often. Expensive waste.

Revlon Brow Fantasy in "Dark Blonde" is ashier and looks natural. But the brow pencil is so hard it is difficult to get any color on and drags so much it pulls my hairs out by the roots leaving bare patches which take month to grow back. The gel side makes my brows look crusty and grey, smells and feels like PVA glue and made my brows itch.

Maybelline Mastershape in "Blonde" (both windup and wooden pencil) is cooler and half a shade darker. The color is natural and the point isn't wide. But the texture is too waxy so it balls up, goes unevenly, is hard to keep control, and I always end up with a wide messy patchy result. Both versions fade off within hours on my oily skin. The pencil version runs out quickly.

Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Duo in both "Soft Blonde" and "Soft Brown" runs red/orange. Texture greasy, balled up in crumbs and made my brows look fake red/orange. I did like the idea of a refillable cartridge though.

Za Everbrows in Honey Brown is a shade lighter with a yellow undertone. This one is for Light to Medium Blondes. It is a windup style without a cap, which allows air to get in continually and dry out. In fact mine was already so dry that the first time I opened the sealed package and first used it I could not even draw any color on the back of my hand without pressing extremely hard repeatedly. Bad design.

Note for me: I am allergic to the Physicians Formula, NYX, Maybelline pencils above. All itch my brows and make the hairs fall out. It might be caster oil which I am sensitive to which is on the Maybelline ingredients list at least. Do NOT repurchase any!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am totally dependant on brow pencil, because my eyebrows are very light, while my hair are darker red color. So this is one makeup item I use every signle day. For some reason none of the high end brands cater to blond gals, since their pencils always look reddish and do not last long enough. I was using lightest blond pencil from H&M for years, since it suits me perfectly. This one from Physicians Formula is just as good and as an extra bonus you don't even have to sharpen it! The texture is waxy and color payoff is great. It lasts and lasts till you decide to take it off. I will get some backup pencils now because sadly this brand is not available where I live.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an excellent brow pencil, primarily because it is the most natural looking one I have ever tried and the color match is perfect. I had been using one that left my brows looking overly penciled in even when I used a light touch, and also a bit too dark. The texture of the pencil creates very soft strokes for natural looking fill-in and the blonde-beige is exactly the right color. It lasts really well and doesn't smear. My only minor complaint is after the initial point wears down, the pencil size is a bit too blunt. This would be perfect if the pencil tip were a little more narrow.

Update, Dec. 2013: This is still HG for me - especially now that they have added a mini-sharpener in the bottom so you can keep the tip pointy! Hooray! Love this pencil, swear by it, highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by essjaypea

I have been using this product for a few years so I thought it was high time I told everyone about it--because it's AWESOME!! My brows grow in sparse and crazy and require a good bit of grooming. I use an eyebrow gel to get them in place then put this stuff over it and it's perfect every time.

I can't tell you how many people ask me who does my eyebrows. When I tell them I use this, they are floored. In fact, I even fooled the guy at the MAC counter who thought for sure I used MAC's brow corrector--he couldn't believe I just use this stuff. Anyway, great buy, very cheap, long lasting...stop reading this and GO GET IT NOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sadly I have been noticing white hairs popping up in my brows. So, I have been looking for a pencil or gel to cover my white hairs and darken my blonde brows a little bit. I have tried HE items like Anastasia Brow Tint (gave me an itchy rash) and Benefit Brow Zing. I went to Ulta the other day and asked the SA for something that would not give me a rash and she suggested this. It's a lovely automatic pencil that works great and is dirt cheap. I think it was a little over $5. A lot better than the Brow Zing that was $30 and this works much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brow pencil. I have used many he brow pencils and always come back to this one. The color is a perfect match for me. Some blonde pencils look too ash on me, since my hair is a golden blonde color. I love that these don't have to be sharpened. They have a sharpener built in if you want to sharpen them though. The cap also has a little eyebrow brush on it. The texture of this pencil is wonderful too and it stays on all day without needing to be touched up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by johnsod8

The best eyebrow pencil on the market, and I've tried ever brand from high end to low end.
Lasts a long time and looks very natural!