August 1, 2014 | 1014 users online

Brows - Physicians Formula - Brow Definer Automatic Brow Pencil - Blonde Beige

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very natural milky beige brown, has a slight ashy undertone on me and no red or orange tones. This looks similar on me to NYX Auto Eyebrow pencil in EP06 Taupe, which is a light golden taupe brown one shade darker and is also very natural without red or orange tones. Goes on very smoothly without "balling" or "crumbing" on my oily skin and lasts all day (as does the NYX). The packaging has everything right where you want it. Handy grooming brush on the cap.The tip is narrow so you get the product only where you want it, and there is a sharpener in the end if you want to create ultra precise strokes. Winds up and down fine. I like how the package is so slim and lightweight, it takes up no room in my purse.

The only negative thing I've found is the plastic cap is so light the cap sometimes gets a few cracks, so it sits on loosely...will let in air. The NYX is bulkier but sturdier. Overall, this Physicians Formula and the Nyx Pencil I mentioned are the best I've tried so far and are surprisingly affordable. Here are some I used to own, all except the Youngblood are fails and I do NOT recommend:

- Avon Glimmersticks Brow in "Tawny" is an un-natural light reddish brown. Goes on unevenly with "crumbs" or balls that are really obvious sitting amongst the hairs. Even swatched on my arm I noticed it skipping and balling up. Very greasy, goes on with too much pigment and then it melts off down my face unless I powder but then that looks weird. Avon claims glimmersticks is "self-sharpening" but it is blunt and WIDE.

- Mac ones get used up in 3 weeks and break often, making them too expensive for the price.

- Revlon in blonde is too yellow and gave me an allergic reaction. My brows itched and hairs fell out

- Maybelline Mastershape Blonde in the WOODEN pencil goes on smoothly and has a more neutral tone than the Revlon or Avon but it does not last and needs to be sharpened so frequently it ran out quickly and wasn't worth buying. I like the convenience of a windup.

- Maybelline Mastershape Blonde in the PLASTIC AUTO WIND version was super waxy and went on thick and balled up the same as the Avon Glimmersticks.

- Estee Lauder was greasy and balled up in crumbs and made my brows look fake red/orange. I did like the idea of a refillable cartridge though.

- Youngblood Brow Artiste is has a wax, 2 shades of powder, a good sharp set of tweezers, a brow brush/spoolie that was good but too wide for my thin brows and an awesome compact with a large mirror. This set looks amazing on me, and lasts all day. Looks great in photos! I do love it for special occasions, travelling, and when I shape my brows (not often). For everyday I prefer the convenience and compactness of a pencil as its quicker and easier, and doesn't take up as much room in my go to bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am totally dependant on brow pencil, because my eyebrows are very light, while my hair are darker red color. So this is one makeup item I use every signle day. For some reason none of the high end brands cater to blond gals, since their pencils always look reddish and do not last long enough. I was using lightest blond pencil from H&M for years, since it suits me perfectly. This one from Physicians Formula is just as good and as an extra bonus you don't even have to sharpen it! The texture is waxy and color payoff is great. It lasts and lasts till you decide to take it off. I will get some backup pencils now because sadly this brand is not available where I live.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an excellent brow pencil, primarily because it is the most natural looking one I have ever tried and the color match is perfect. I had been using one that left my brows looking overly penciled in even when I used a light touch, and also a bit too dark. The texture of the pencil creates very soft strokes for natural looking fill-in and the blonde-beige is exactly the right color. It lasts really well and doesn't smear. My only minor complaint is after the initial point wears down, the pencil size is a bit too blunt. This would be perfect if the pencil tip were a little more narrow.

Update, Dec. 2013: This is still HG for me - especially now that they have added a mini-sharpener in the bottom so you can keep the tip pointy! Hooray! Love this pencil, swear by it, highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by essjaypea

I have been using this product for a few years so I thought it was high time I told everyone about it--because it's AWESOME!! My brows grow in sparse and crazy and require a good bit of grooming. I use an eyebrow gel to get them in place then put this stuff over it and it's perfect every time.

I can't tell you how many people ask me who does my eyebrows. When I tell them I use this, they are floored. In fact, I even fooled the guy at the MAC counter who thought for sure I used MAC's brow corrector--he couldn't believe I just use this stuff. Anyway, great buy, very cheap, long lasting...stop reading this and GO GET IT NOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sadly I have been noticing white hairs popping up in my brows. So, I have been looking for a pencil or gel to cover my white hairs and darken my blonde brows a little bit. I have tried HE items like Anastasia Brow Tint (gave me an itchy rash) and Benefit Brow Zing. I went to Ulta the other day and asked the SA for something that would not give me a rash and she suggested this. It's a lovely automatic pencil that works great and is dirt cheap. I think it was a little over $5. A lot better than the Brow Zing that was $30 and this works much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brow pencil. I have used many he brow pencils and always come back to this one. The color is a perfect match for me. Some blonde pencils look too ash on me, since my hair is a golden blonde color. I love that these don't have to be sharpened. They have a sharpener built in if you want to sharpen them though. The cap also has a little eyebrow brush on it. The texture of this pencil is wonderful too and it stays on all day without needing to be touched up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by johnsod8

The best eyebrow pencil on the market, and I've tried ever brand from high end to low end.
Lasts a long time and looks very natural!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 1:10:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was tired of sharpening my perfect color pencil by NYC. I have tried many other automatic eye/brow liners only to find that they were too dark or reddish looking. My brows are a medium/dark taupe shade and thought this product might work b/c it seemed to have no red tones unlike the "light brown" shade that is also offered. I am so far pleased wuth the natural looking color. The packaging may not be high quality b/c the product inside the applicator broke into 2 pieces shortly after I bought it. I dont remember dropping it or anything that would cause this to happen. I will use this up but am frustrated with the malfunctioning applicator.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No