November 1, 2014 | 1252 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - PHYTOLACTUM Gentle Shampoo with Almond Milk extract

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Another disappointment from Phyto. This shampoo is a bit milky in texture and does not lather up well at all. I found that it cleansed okay but really didn't do anything to help or improve my hair at all. Didn't care for the nutty scent or the packaging either.
I'd rather pick up a less expensive shampoo from the drugstore than buy this again. Not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This shampoo is good, but im not sure if i would buy it again because is expensive and there are other shampoos with the same results and half the price. It smells nice, lathers very well and helps with dryness. It leaves hair in better condition and softer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has definitely become one of my favorite shampoos...it just works so well for me. I have a lot of fine, color-treated hair, with a tendency for dryness at the ends. Phytolactum is perfect because it cleanses thoroughly, yet doesn't seem to exacerbate any dryness. It's silicone-free and contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which just so happens to be a combination that my hair loves. The aluminum bottle is slightly annoying because I can't squeeze out the very last drop, so I feel like I'm probably wasting some product. Regardless, I'll continue to purchase this as it's a really nice shampoo that works for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Besselsleigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cannot count how many bottles used. Perfect! The best shampoo I've tried, and I've tried a low, including Phyto range. The only problem it is hard t find in the UK for some reason. I'd die if they stop producing it!
My hair is henna-colored, normal, the scalp is sensitive. The shampoo needs two applications, then it works wonders. The scalp is soothed, the hair is full and shiny.
Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by pretty4me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I admit I bought this b/c of the smell, I love all things almond scented. My hair is color-treated, medium thickness, can get oily at the scalp. Due to a touch of tea tree oil this shampoo balances out my scalp while gently cleansing my hair. It leaves my hair soft and shiny. I follow the 2 minutes 2 lathers Phyto philosophy also. I have tried lots of shampoos but always have this one on standby. I do, however, hate the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Skinaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like almonds and is thick and creamy. I follow the Phyto directions: lather, rinse, repeat and leave on 2 mins, rinse. Needless to say, this shampoo doesn't last real long. However, this leaves my hair smooth and soft and super super shiny. So I would definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skinnie302

Yes, the packaging is annoying. Yes, you have to was twice and leave the second lather on for a few mins. However, this shampoo makes my hair feel sooo nice! It gives my hair shine and hydration without weighing it down. Smells great too

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by smartsassy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the viewer below. It made my hair feel like straw after only one use and I followed the instructions on the bottle. Maybe after a few more uses, the results matbe different but I am too scared to try it again. Too bad it didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sollieday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo made my hair feel like straw after three uses. I had to return it. I followed the instructions, but it just didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used several bottles of this shampoo over the years and I must say it shoots Kerastase and Philip B shampoos out of the water by miles. I returned to this former HG after my beloved Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil Shampoo stopped working for some reason and the uber-expensive Philip B. Russian Amber Shampoo did absolutely nothing for my heat-styled, curly, slightly damaged hair.

This is an interesting product, it is very mild yet very effective. It used to come in a glass bottle, which I hated as one mistake an it is all over your shower and now it comes in an aluminum bottle, which I also hate as you can't see how much is left. However, the opaque milky consistency and the delicious bitter almond smell are still the same. As with all Phyto shampoos, you need to wash your hair twice: Once to remove the products and the 'environment', second for the ingredients to work into the hair. I massage my scalp and leave the second shampoo for about 2-3 minutes and then wash it. It leaves the hair really smooth, clean and hydrated.