Cargo Liquid Foundation

4.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone, Ethoxyglucoside, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Linalool, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonen, Hydroxyisohexyl-3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 770189) Iron Oxides (77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/13/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Please, powers above, never let this be discontinued.

1. Texture. Just the right balance between opaque and sheer. Never runs into fine lines. Covers evenly but very naturally. Just the right balance between dewy and matte. I swear by MAC Face&Body but started to want slightly more coverage ... and found this.

2. Packaging. Portable! Carry everywhere! Thin little metallic envelope is handy in a purse, or for travel. Squeezes out like toothpaste, so doesn't oxidize, and you can use every last drop.

3. I have apparently the most neutral coloured skin ever. Not yellow, not pink, not peach. Not pale, not dark. Cargo F40 is the closest match in 20 years of experimenting.

HG. Now finishing my 2nd tube, about to buy #3. Always looks great. Doesn't look like makeup. Looks like good skin.

on 6/6/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this as I was considering to buy one. I was matched to the lightest colour as the next one is too pink. Alas, it wasn't a good colour match under natural lighting. My skin is oily and this foundation "melted"/smudged after a few hours even in a cold weather… It transferred and accentuated my pores… Lucky it was just a sample. However, this did not break me out. So that's a plus

on 2/5/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finding a match for my skin tone is always a struggle. Let alone finding a good match, that's oil free, last awhile without looking like I stepped out of the "cakey make up factory". Well, as of late I was super hooked on L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation W8. I absolutely loved it. But It wouldn't last long because the bottle has no pump. So the struggle to remain on a budget continues. It didn't help that my mother, MY OWN MOTHER, would eye my little bottle with the desire to use it and proudly display it on her face. So what could I do? I gave it to her. So I decided to try something else. A liquid foundation meant just for me...before long I heard of Cargo. This Canadian company with shades for a black girl like me that went beyond the titles "medium" and "deep". Please make up companies can we do better? It's 2015.
So I put it on. LOVED IT!!! So I bought it. It's lightweight. Feels like I'm putting on a tinted moisturizer. Buildable coverage, still looks natural but really nice. With this I say "Good job, Cargo! So let's work on pricing lol...but seriously I'm on a budget..."

on 11/9/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just what I have been looking for. I have been using Sisley oil free foundation religiously for years now - and wincing each time a had to pay for it - not to mention having to buy it overseas as Australia does not seem to get a good selection of fairer colours. But no longer - Cargo foundation is better, and far less than half the price.

I have fair skin, a bit oily, a little congested and also roughed up a little by my use of micronized retinol. I hate looking powdery or 'made-up' - I would much rather look a little imperfect and natural. Cargo is absolutely great at this, it goes on very smoothly over the top of my ZO silicone based sunscreen/primer, and somehow sinks in to look completely integrated with my skin. It gives me medium coverage, does not pick up flakes, does not settle into fine lines/pores, and does not transfer or roll off, even in sweaty weather. I have not noticed a strong scent, and it doesn't sting my sensitive eyes.

I was dubious about the colour selection before purchasing it, it seemed quite yellow coming out of the tube (mine is F20) but somehow goes on with a luminous quality that looks totally seamless with my skin. The packaging is unique - I guess you will like it or not. Personally I find it very functional, there is no spillage/wastage, no crusty build-up around the nozzle, and I can travel very easily with it (and I haven't had any problems with the package exploding in the air, though it probably always pays to keep foundation in a ziplock when travelling anyway).

Very glad I have chanced on this product!

on 6/22/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many fountains for my sensitive oily skin and have to say that I am massively impressed by this some what unknown/cult product! The foundation is medium coverage (which can easily be built up to full) and is truly one of the only foundations that makes me look like i'm not wearing any foundation at all! For me this is a massive selling point as usually with oil free foundations I end up with a chalky/grey/cakey/1D finish that is awful for summer weather. This foundation manages to leave me looking fresh and dewey (not shiny, didn't even need to set it).

Also with foundations I find I have an oil break through within about an hour. I continually have to blot my foundation with powder which leaves me even cakier looking! I was able to leave this foundation for 7 hours without even touching it.

I have fair skin that goes slightly tan in summer so I opted for F30, I am shade NW20 in mac or BD40/B40 in YSL foundation (just for reference as I couldn't find any swatches online). I think on repurchase I will opt for F20 as it would be a perfect match for my skin.

If like me you have battled with frustrating oily skin but don't want to look overdone and chalky then go for this foundation - hate to say it but it definitely deserves HD status.

on 3/31/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has got to be one of the most underrated, unhyped, quietly overachieving foundations out there. I never hear much about it. It's not all over the place and in your face. Probably hard to find. But wow, do I love this foundation. I'm the biggest foundation slut there is, always on the lookout for the next best, and better foundation. I have many foundations, from drug-store to super-luxe, that I love (Revlon, MUFE and Chanel), and many that I just didn't care for (Covergirl, theBalm, Philosophy). In my obscenely large selection of foundations, this one is consistently the top performer and my favorite. I simply love this foundation.

A foundation's performance is probably the most subjective and individualized than other makeup products because it has to do with its interaction with a specific skin type and tone. If you have dry skin, this foundation is great, although I can see it performing well on normal/combo skin as well. Perhaps not as well on oily skin, since it is very emollient. What sets this foundation apart for me is its creamy, blendable texture and how it becomes one with my skin. Although this is called a liquid foundation, it's not runny or liquidy. It squeezes out of the package with some body, more like a soft creamy mousse. It has medium coverage and blends in effortlessly, and becomes virtually undetectable and leaves a healthy, non-greasy glow. I lightly dust some Laura Gellar Balance and Brighten over it and knock down some of the glow. Then I turn into the evil witch stepmom in Snow White when I wear this, constantly checking myself out in the mirror, in disbelief that my foundation/skin looks this good. No other foundation brings out the monster in me quite like this.

F45 is a perfect match for my skin tone. I will keep going back to this. It's a winner for me.

on 3/30/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I read all of the great reviews for this product I really wonder at the different experience I have had with this expensive foundation. I may have gotten a bad batch which I know totally happens, but its too expensive to risk buying again. Because it was so expensive I have have tried applying this foundation every which way (3 types of brushes, sponges, fingers, 3 types of primer. no primer, mixed with another foundation) and none of them ever fixed the problems I had with this foundation.
Cons:
- No coverage, and no it does not build to anything resembling coverage. I can still see redness, darkspots, everything after applying 2 generous layers of this makeup.

-What does go on doesn't last past 4 hours, and it has a very unfortunate way of receding in uneven patches.

Pros:
-Made in Canda. I trust their product standards.
- Light non-chemical smell that fades quickly. I get bad headaches from the smell of alot of foundations and this foundation was one of the few that the smell does not cause this issue.

on 3/20/2014 8:34:00 PM

I keep coming back to this foundation, it's natural looking, matches me (nc15 use F20) and smells amazing, like sweet almond oil!
Doesn't settle into lines on my older skin (42yrs), perfect!

on 2/4/2014 8:37:00 PM

I am a devotee! I always come back to this foundation.

Despite it being a Canadian product, it is difficult to find (especially since Sephora in Canada doesn't carry it anymore, and Sears stopped carrying it. Fortunately London Drugs just start to carry it.

This foundation is the ONE foundation that does not settle into cracks or cake.
It goes on smooth, and is very easy to apply. While it has buildable coverage, it is sheer enough to look very natural (not mask like). The packaging is clever (it doesn't crack, break or leak).

If I have one complaint, is that there needs to be a few more shades that the fair end!
Love Cargo products.

on 1/17/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I've been using Lancôme Teint Miracle. I like it, but I don't love it. I like the finish, but the staying power isn't the greatest even with primer. It also transfers something awful. I've been wanting to try this foundation for awhile now. It got really good ratings on Ulta with 90% saying they would recommend it to a friend.

I wasn't sure what shade I needed, so I did a live chat with a Nordstrom's Beauty Expert. I told her that my shade in Teint Miracle (Bisque 1N) is a perfect match. So she recommended that I purchase Shade F-30 in the Cargo. So that is what I did. But as soon as I squirted it out of the tube, I could tell it was going to be too dark. It looked okay at first, but it did oxidize some and left me with an orange tint. F-30 is the second lightest shade, so I decided to do an even exchange for F-20. But I was afraid that was going to be too light. When it compared it to my Teint Miracle, it was definitely considerably lighter. I did wear it a couple of times to be sure, it was definitely too light.

I like the pouch that is comes in. I was concerned it might squirt out all over the place, but it didn't at all. I also like that this foundation doesn't transfer on your phone or clothes. It seemed to do an okay job of controlling oil, not great, but just okay.

However, there are a couple of major things that I don't like about this foundation. It is buildable, but only to about a light medium. It didn't even completely cover the redness on my cheeks. You could still clearly see it under the makeup. Even after putting on two layers. Any more than that, and it started to look streaky and cakey.

But my biggest complaint about this foundation is the color selection. To be frank, it really stinks. I can see this being a good foundation for women of color, but definitely not for Caucasian women. There is only a very small selection of shades. I really think they need a shade between F-20 and F-30 and they need to make more light and medium shades. This foundation tends to run very dark. Anyway, for me, it's game over. I ended up returning the F-20 as well for a refund. I got a couple of other samples from Sephora and hopefully one of those will work better. As for this foundation, I won't repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials