Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

4.1

on 7/19/2015 11:37:00 PM

Love love loving these shadows, I haven't bought Artdeco eye shadows before, but I recently repurchased an eyeliner and got a gift with purchase which was a limited edition makeup pallet (empty), this prompted me to go back the next day and check out all the great colours Artdeco offers. I bought 8 shades wondering how theyd click into place and stay in the pallet, my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I got home and found they were magnets, genius. I bought an array of pinks, browns and berry shades and Im pleased to say they have stayed in place all day long and the colours are gorgeous, little to no fall out at all. I also got another free pallet when I purchased the eyeshadows, so Im going to fill it for my niece, perfect.

I purchased from Farmers Dept Store, Auckland NZ for $9 each.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I mainly like this product since I found the perfect shade of green to complement my eye color. It is 246 and has a slightly shimmer or shimmery look to it. I use it to do a line under the eye on top of my green amkeup pencil.

Pacaging is also something I have not decided if I like or not. I have not bought the palette to put is in, it is as an individual eyeshadow in my makeup bag. It is small, but I feel that the cover is not strong enough, sometimes I find that it has come off. I suppose it is meant to be in a palette and not individually. At the same time I like that it is so small and does not take much space when travelling.

Well, after two months I still haven't figured out whether I like these or not. I love the packaging and the price is also not that high and I certainly love the number of various colors. However, they tend to be incredible dusty a stay on for an hour - then they disappear. Not crease but disappear. Where do they go? But for some reason I like my customized duo and therefore three lippies.

on 8/1/2014 5:27:00 AM

I own 6 of the matte art deco eyeshadows I they are really good ! They are rather pricey as it was $9 NZD for 0.8 grams of eyeshadow but I'm glad I purchased them. They are buttery smooth but to the point where they are powdery ( especially the lighter shades) . However, they have great pigmentation and are super easy to blend !!

on 2/10/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only have one which is a matte pink called rosy starling. It's texture is incredible, so smooth an buttery. I love it, it's a true matte and it makes a great base color that doesn't wear off.
However, I didn't realize when I bought it online that it was going to be this small, It's less than a gram and it's the size of a fingertip. I also dislike the packaging, It's just a pan with a plastic sliding lid that's easy to lose. You're supposed to put it inside an empty palette they provide (no depot necessary) but that case costs about 16$ and each eyeshadow costs 10$ so it could get pricy and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I really hate it when companies make you buy a container, it's like signing up to a club, you then have to buy more of their products. I should be able to get a decently packed product without having to buy additional items.
I do like this eyeshadow a lot, and I will go on using it, but I don't think I'll buy any more eyeshadows from them and if I do, I will get an empty palette on eBay, and not any of their expensive ones.

on 10/19/2013 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

begenerek kullaniyorum

on 4/25/2012 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have 10 of them and I looooove them. They're soft, blendable, pigmented and color choice is more than great. I used to avoid shimmery eyeshadows but these ones (that are not from matte line) are with subtle shimmer that revives the eye (if you know what I mean). Not expensive and you can make your own palette. Will buy again!

on 4/8/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have only 4 eye shadows from artdeco, and they are not bad but there are definitely better options. Some of them are too sheer, others too sparkly for my taste, there are not many interesting colors and fallout is guaranteed.
I like the magnetic palette though, cute and handy. When I'm in the mood for sparkly eye make up, use a good brush and primer the result is quite satisfying and I've received compliments, but I don't think I'll repurchase.

on 9/13/2011 3:50:00 PM

What attracted me to ArtDeco eyeshadows was a combination of factors:
1) their palette system - super small and travel-friendly palettes
2) packaging - you don't need to depot them to put them on a palette and you can carry them as single eyeshadows too,
3) they don't have a lot of product but still a good amount for the price (I hate huge eyeshadows, I never finish them),
4) they have beautiful shades - lots of neutrals and great non-neutral but wearable colors, matte, satin or shimmery, some even a bit glittery, so there's something for everyone.

As you can see I really wanted to love ArtDeco eyeshadows. But, unfortunately, they were a huge disappointment to me. I have 7 shades: 11, 16, 17, 18 (shimmery beige, taupes, brown), 84 (shimmery purple), 350 (taupe with a bit of glitter) and 514 (matte light taupe) and none of them is a winner.

Their problems:
- really poor pigmentation, even with primer and cream e/s as a base
- they're super powdery and have huge fallout, even in the non-glittery shades. The matte one was specially powdery
- once you blend a little, they become basically invisible and the shimmer is gone
- the glitter is a bit chunky, not as bad as Catrice glittery eyeshadows, but definetely not a fine glitter.

I'm still undecided about repurchasing. I would buy another ArtDeco eyeshadow if I wanted to try some different shade that I'm not sure that will work for me, but only if I don't find anything similar in other cheap (but better) brands like Catrice, Essence or Kiko. I'm definetely not buying any neutrals from ArtDeco anymore since you can easily find good quality neutrals in lots of other brands.

I'll give it 3 lippies because they're definetely not the worst eyeshadows in the world (which would be Maybelline, Cover Girl and the like) and they have a great price and a good variety of shades and finishes.

on 3/26/2011 12:49:00 PM

These shadows are of very good quality, they blend easily and do not crease. I would really recommend them. They are of much higher quality than other drugstore brands.

Top Rated Artdeco Products