November 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Rimmel Lasting Finish 399 Black Satin

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This worked just okay for me. Two coats and I get a nice, opaque, glossy black, but it doesn't last very long on me. It starts to chip and flake away after the second day. I'll be off to find a different black nail polish when I run out. I do like the finish and texture and that it doesn't take too long to dry. But it doesn't last half as long as it claims to.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe the number for this polish has changed; I just bought mine the other day and it says "430 Black Satin" on the back.

This polish has really high reviews, and since I'm a guitarist and crafter/seamstress, I'm always on the lookout for nail polish that can withstand some wear and tear. This one goes the trick. It dries EXTREMELY quickly and the finish has a really nice shine to it.

Cons: it's a little watery, so it takes more than one coat to get an actual black finish.

I'm excited to try it with my OPI Matte Topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was on the market for the best black nail polish out there: one that wouldn't chip at every touch of the fingers with the keyboard or anything else, one that would look great and fashionable and would last long without becoming very dull-looking.

I did my research online and found that Rimmel's Lasting Pro Nail Enamel Black Satin nail polish is the second most recommended black polish (after Chanel's black satin, but that one was just a bit over my price range).
I rushed to get it, and now I can't get enough. It looks so elegant, so nice. It shines beautifully and doesn't chip as easily as other things I've tried. I am really really pleased with this nail polish.

The brush is also fantastic: wide and comfortable for gripping it and applying it yourself.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this line of polishes even though the color selection is limited. I find they last longer with a base and top coat, otherwise you'll only get a few days' wear before it begins to chip. I absolutely LOVE the wide brush and wish other brands would go that route. Anyway, Black Satin has been my favorite black polish up to this point. I love the satiny smooth finish, it applies like a dream, and it looks pretty solid after just one coat. (Two for extra measure.) Removal is a piece o' cake. Just a nice classic black for those vampy polish lovers. What else can I say?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is THE best black polish ever. I'm not a black polish kind of girl, but I think this converted me. One coat gives almost opaque coverage, 2 coats and you have a completely pure black. No hints of greens, reds or blues. Dries quickly to a smooth satin finish, not a plasticky gloss. This colour is beautiful on its own, is also an excellent base for sparkle coats. The bottle is beautiful, the flat brush makes application so easy! Much less messy than my china glazes, I'm rather clumsy and this is foolproof for me. And to top it off, it only cost me $2.99 CAD at shoppers drug mart. Would recommend this to anyone, you really can't go wrong with this IMO!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by keithy

I really wanted a black nail polish, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one, so I decided to try this one- I believe it was around 2.99. I am extremely impressed with this one-applies evenly, gorgeous shiny black color,last a very long time-unbeatable for this price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

got it for $2.49 at target, and i lovee it! after 2 coats, it comes off opaque deep true black, and it's very shiny. definitely going to repurchase because it's such a great find. it dries fast doesn't chip for at least 5 days. i like it better than my black opi black polish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by korinsama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the deep black, goes on smoothly, i use it with Essie's base and i only need one coat of this black and it's opaque enough. Oh and it dries quickly.

I like Rimmel's brush and packaging, the only con i find is that, at least my bottle, turn out a lot thicker than when i bought it only a few months back :(, but maybe it's my fault, i haven't tried other Rimmel lasting finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hanj7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's opaque black. not much to say on the color. The polish is rather thick, but since I mostly apply it on my toes (tiny surface areas for the most part :P) it's not much of a problem. The really odd thing is (I've never seen this in any other nail polish I own) that it doesn't stay glossy! It mysteriously looks kind of matte half a day after I apply it. I don't mind. It's black anyway. I just put on top coat if I want the glossy look.

It's a good polish for the price, especially seeing as I tire of black polish easily. There's too many other colours out there for me to really care for black, so I wouldn't buy an OPI just to satisfy an occasional whim for black mani/pedi.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I only bought this product because I wanted to see how black looked on me. I loooove dark nail polish but I wasn't sure if black would look good. I usually use OPI nail polish but I didn't want to spend $10 on their black onyx polish incase it didn't look good on me. Now onto this product. It's gives a decent black coverage especially for the $4 that it cost. I usually like to put about 2- 3 coat of this on. Would I buy this polish again? No, but that's b/c I loved the black colour on me so I have since bought black onyx by OPI. OPi nail polishes last longer then rimmel ones. This one ships in about a day. I am just using this right now b/c I am trying to finish the bottle. Overall its not bad. If you want to experiment with colours and change your nail polish daily then go ahead and buy rimmel polishes. It's not a bad polish for the price.