November 27, 2014 | 1052 users online

Top/Base Coats - Rimmel - Super Wear

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by missmiracles

Picked this up in supermarket and am pleased with it. It has a strong acetone smell. Big fat wide brush which covers the whole nail in one and seems to pick up the right amount of product. Leaves a glossy finish. Dries to touch quickly, though I prefer to cure overnight.
Adds a couple of days to my polish, and I'm happy with that as my lifestyle seems to take a toll on my nails and I like to repaint every two to three days.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by OoBrittany

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this top coat. I usually use brands like Orly, Poshe, etc., but this top coat worked just as well for me. My last manicure lasted a week, no major chips, and this one is going strong for almost a week, with one small chip. I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by leag1h

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I only like doing my nails once a week, and happened to pick this up in superdrug on a 3 for 2 offer. Wasn't expecting anything good, but wow was i surprised. It lasts at least 7 days - still shiny and no chips (event though i only wear drugstore polish admittedly the more expensive ones). Shame it takes a long time to dry completely, but i will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is awful. Just don't buy it.
Takes forever to dry, ruins nail polish no matter how long you wait to apply it. I would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by adara260

This topcoat is a waste of money. I bought it because it touted up to 10 days of wear with Lycra. What you get is a topcoat that takes forever to dry! It even slows down my fast dry nail polishes. It literally took about 2 hours to dry and then I went to do the dishes and everything was smeared. I've tried this with expensive and cheap nail polishes and its not effective at all. Alone as clear nail polish then its fine, but with other nail polishes NO. It also bubbles, which is weird. The applicator does spread it nicely though but that is the only pro.

Don't bother get something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Whatever123456

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't really like this top coat at all. It smeared my nail varnish even though I waited more than 15 minutes before applying the super wear. It created bubbles and chipped after 3 days (supposed to last up to 10 days). I wouldn't buy this again and I should have spent more money to buy a better quality one.

Edit: It also becomes very thick and gooey, making it hard to apply to the nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by MCNALS

This is unfortunate. In an effort to save money I bought this one instead of seche vite. Its horrible. Takes forever to dry, bubbles, and basically ruins my manicure. I am very skilled at doing my own manicures and am not happy with this product. Another bad thing about it is that even after waiting a minute after applying my last coat of color, the brush scratches off the polish. I hate to sound so nasty, but I regret using and purchasing this top coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, we're all in hard times right now, but I said I would NO longer purchase cheap junk(just to save a buck!) that didn't work! So, after using my cheap Wet N Wild top coat(which bubbled, cracked and chipped! And it was on top of GLITTER!), I decided enough was enough! I mean, I don't mind paying a bit more for something if it's going to work, right? RIGHT! I really like this Rimmel top coat. I've had it on now for nearly a week and my nails still look just like the first day I applied this stuff! NOT BAD! AND, if it ain't broke, DON'T fix it! Update:Sorry, but this doesn't work that great after all. It lasts about 2-3 days with black polish and glitter. By itself it lasts quite long. So, it's getting bumped down to a 3(from a 4).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Ainnir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very decent top coat. It is big three free and it doesn't smell too bad. It doesn't drag out the colors, and doesn't cause shrinkage. It also prevents the nail polish from bubbling.

It dries to the touch pretty fast, I'd say within 3 minutes. The only downside is that it takes VERY long to dry completely. Even if I use it 8 hours before I go to bed, I still wake up with sheet marks.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Monika1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally don't like Rimmel's top coat. For me every time I used it, it left "air bubbles" on my pedicure, which drives me crazy. I personally like Wet n Wild quick dry ultra gloss top coat. Others may disagree, but for me, the Wet n Wild top coat lasts a long time on my pedicure (2-3 weeks), and it never leaves air bubbles.