Everyday Minerals Oasis

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 10/22/2010 11:38:00 PM

I really like this shadow although it is VERY sparkly! The color is so fantastic, and the base is actually a little bit darker, which I like as it helps keep it from looking too young. The only problem I have with EDM shadows is that they don't last very long at all, so a very, very good primer is a must! With these shadows Urban Decay Primer Potion seems to work best. Too Faced shadow Insurance works decent, just not quite as long.

on 10/1/2010 3:28:00 PM

This is not a good eyeshadow at all. The fallout is crazy. I am pretty skilled when it comes to applying mineral eyeshadows, and of course I use different primers and the patting technique. So, with this one: A lot of fallout, creasing and and the small amount of base color in it faded so fast (basecolor and glitter particles separated). And very coarse glitter in it, also. Yuck!

on 7/21/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have a perverse love for this color. Yes, it is glittery and can be over the top especially for someone like me who is pretty basic when it comes to makeup. But applied with a gentle hand and I think it looks pretty good and not at all trashy or teenager-y.

on 5/15/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Orange and too sparkly!

on 4/26/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like EDM and wanted to like this color but its just too glittery. It would be great for a teenager maybe that wanted tons of glitter but it just seems to be really sheer and after putting it on I just have glitter all over my whole face.

on 1/19/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this color. It's a sheer gold-ish color with lots of shimmer. I never wear it on its own (tons of fall-out) and usually but it on top of another shadow when I want to add shimmer to it. That's pretty much what I use it for, because it's far too sheer for wear by itself. I hate EM's packaging, although I know they changed it since I last bought from them. Be careful and use a shader brush to minimize the mess.

EDIT: EM has awesome customer service. i recently ordered a couple foundations in the intensive formula (i use matte right now), but one of the lids cracked. i noticed they didn't have an exchange policy, so i was just going to return...no big deal, but the customer service rep was so quick to respond...she not only sent me a replacement lid, but an entire full size foundation and a sample eye shadow. they asked me to take a picture of the crack to send to their quality control, which they do pay attention to since they did change their packaging from the last time i ordered.

anyway...the eyeshadow sample i got was juniper, a smokey purple/brown color...seems odd, but i LOVE blending it with oasis. it's a unique combination that is really complimenting of my asian skintone and dark brown eyes

on 12/22/2009 10:51:00 AM

Oasis is one of my favorite Everyday Minerals eyeshadows. Beware if you don't like sparklies, cause this is sparkly LOADED! It's a real true gold color. I like mixing it with a brown color like Starry Eyed or In the Garden to achieve a sort of vintage gold/brown color. Very flattering, IMO. Repurchasing when I run out.

on 9/18/2009 1:55:00 AM

I love this eyeshadow it is like applying gold dust to your eyelids.
If you dampen the brush it turns into molten gold for a more dramatic night look.
This shade looks good with all colours, I have worn this with browns, purples and greens and its just gorgeously rich.
Love it, one of my favourites.

on 8/17/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally got this shade to compliment a bronzed makeup look, but it's really too glittery and orange for my taste.

I can't see this working for many people as an everyday look unless applied with a very light hand, but I guess in some instances it would be a fun color to play with because it is very vibrant and has a fair amount of pigment. I've tried this over browns, and it's still just way too much.

Foiling this e/s highlights the shimmer to full capacity, but again, I don't see how many people could pull this off unless using it as costume makeup. There is a tremendous amount of sparkle fall-out when applying dry.

I think this color would compliment more skin colors if it were more of an antique gold than a bright orangey copper. If you're in search of an over the top sparkly copper, look no further! If you want something that will compliment an everyday look without looking cheesy, keep moving.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good option for a standard semi-neutral gold look. The color is sparkly but soft, with a definite mix of bronze/gold hues. I use it fairly often to line beneath my eyes to make them pop, but I'm becoming a fan of brighter metallics, so I'm not sure know how long this will remain my go-to gold. I can't say I agree with the posters who said that this is overly glittery - then again, I like very bold colors, so it really depends on what your tolerance level is. I think this has a very organic look when applied dry, especially after a couple hours of wear.