December 18, 2014 | 1741 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow Shader - Malt and Auburn

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by marilynmfan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like others here have said, being a redhead, this product is perfect..... unfortunately I have had to stock up because it's been discontinued :o(
The packaging is great and I've dropped it several times and it's never broken.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG brow powder....unfortunately they have discontinued this! It is really hard to find a brow powder for redheads and this one is the perfect color for me! It comes in a nice sturdy slide out pan with a highlighter. I actually haven't ever used the highlighter but it's there if I ever decide to use. I didn't buy a backup because I didn't know it was discontinued until recently, luckily this will last me close to forever. I've been using it every single day for a year and a half and it hardly looks like I've even touched it. I use the 208 to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

It's the perfect shade for my newly auburn hair. It's been discontinued - shame on you MAC. I've purchased a back up. The highlighter shade is just a wonderful bonus!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by digxmexnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Although idea of packaging a highlighter plus brow filler together is a good one, this product wasn't as great as I hoped for!

The shade in the box is a nice auburn, but when actually applying it to to my brows it is really light -- you have to use a lot of the product to get close to the color that it appears in the container. I have to use brow wax made by Benefit to give the shader something to stick to in order to get the color right on my face.

This product also does not come with a brush, but MAC sells a good angled eyebrow brush for your needs (for an additional $19 US).

Overall not a horrible product and a great idea, but maybe not worth the $16.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been flirting with the whole "sophisticated retro" bright red lips/ flick of black eyeliner/ filled in brow look for a good while now, and have tried several different eyebrow products and none of them have hit the mark *quite right* with my coppery-toned, but fairly dark, sparse lil' brows .... everything's looked quite false on me, either too dark, too light, or too shiny on my brows and I'd just about given up on the idea of doing this look succesfully unless I was willing to shave the whole damn eyebrow off and pencil the whole lot in.... which I wasn't willing to do, so I thought I'd just have to accept I'd *never* be able to pull off the "strong sexy uber-groomed brow" look and stay sparse but "naturelle"....

*until now*.... what a wonderful little product!

The auburn shade's absolutely spot-on to fill my brows in without the colour looking weird, and the "malt" arch highlight shade is a delicious soft buttery gold with subtle grown-up shimmer. The MAC website gives the shade description as "Warm red brown/Neutral light beige", and I'd strongly recommend anyone with medium-dark red hair to have a look at this shader colour.

The texture of the product's divine, a very soft and silky powder which applies IMHO much easier than a pencil; you don't get much, but I can't imagine ever *needing* much; and the packaging is an absolute delight - a sturdy little snap-out side sliding case, perfect for any purse/handbag, which I really enjoy snap!- ping right out as I think the clicky noise it makes is very cool.

Highly recommended for eyebrow "newbies" like myself, and this shade in particular recommended for all them firey redheads, it's really pretty :-) continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No