November 28, 2014 | 1933 users online

Liquid - Physicians Formula - Brightening Ivory Spiral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

I love this product and once used it religiously (now you could only purchase it online). Because it was so outrageous to pay 5 bucks to ship it, I gave up on it. But I highly recommended it. The foundation left my face looking natural, it's not oily, and it evened out my skin tone out. It also goes on smooth and blended well on my face. I use to get so many compliments on it and one day I'll probably break down and purchase it online. It's the best PF foundation out there, trust me, I've used them all. Because the bottle is glass, it can be hard to get product out the bottle near the end of it's run.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by saartjesmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This isn't a foundation to use if you have lots of flaws, period. The coverage is light and semi-sheer. Also, if you have oily or combination skin, the cute little bits of shimmer that are in the "brightening" part of the spiral will only make your oily spots look even more so. However, if you're young and/or have great skin to start with, and only need a little coverage, this is a great product. What I do to combat the oily-looking shimmer is blend it about 1 to 1 with a non-shimmer foundation or tinted moisturizer, which tones it down without neutralizing the brightening benefits. Another option would be to brush a little loose or mineral powder over the top. One thing that is GREAT about this foundation is that I have an incredibly hard time finding foundation that is light enough for me (I am really pale) and this is the one drugstore brand that can come remarkably close to my natural skintone. Hurrah!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kimbillie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you don't have a ton of flaws, then you'll probably like this product. It blends well with your skin tone, wears light - but doesn't do much as far as coverage goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I don't "do" foundation -- I don't like the idea of it, I don't like the feel of it, I don't particularly need it, and I really don't like the thought of slathering god knows what-all on a face that I take the trouble to care for, otherwise. That said, I really thoroughly enjoy this! For days when I'm premenstrual and thus appear dead (or close to), days when I've been up for days, or evenings when I need a bit more of a polished look this stuff is perfect. It's a dead-on match for my skintone (fair neutral), it does not send my rosy cheeks packing though it *does* tone them down a bit, leaves a nice glowiness while still managing to be a good guest and remaining light, comfey and non-greasy. It sinks in almost instantly and really does look like I've applied absolutely nothing but have a preturnaturally angelic complexion, all on my very own. And I do so love being able to pretend that I'm brilliant and perfect ("Foundation? No, huh-uh, you know I don't wear it -- must be a good skin day. Wierd . . . ") In the event I ever decide to run for office or work in mall retail and need a super-polished, somewhat mattified look, setting this with powder achieves that. All accolades aside, it does take a bit of work to blend, as it wants to be streaky when it first hits your skin. I've found that patting then smearing works flawlessly. And, of course, given that this was a lark purchase from the 50% off rack, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this one bottle will be my only crack at wearable foundation. Boo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have grown tired of the dull lifeless appearance mineral foundations lend to my skin, among my other beef with them...so I went back to the drugstore for one last attempt to find a drugstore liquid foundation that might actually work on my skin. It was not difficult to pass up many drugstore lines since I know already most of their foundations do not work or that they were loaded with 'cones. Then it hit me that maybe PF had a liquid foundation. Sure enough I found the Brightening Ivory Spiral Foundation. I decided to try since it was one of the few drugstore foundations I haven't tried.

I have been using this a week or so now and am pleased. The coverage is light but it does cover minor imperfections and evens my skintone nicely. My skin feels moisturized all day when I use this and used with some loose powder a matte finish can be achieved. No breakouts yet from this either.

I am now interested in PF's other foundations as well if I can find them. Sun Shield & Le Velvet Film both contain SPF which would be nice to have. I don't know why this doesn't contain it.

This foundation comes in three different shades although the store I went to only carried 2. Cream Ivory seems to be for cooler skintones, Ivory is more yellow based, and Beige is yellow based more for medium skintones. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2007 4:18:00 AM More reviews by pzap777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOAH, you can see every pore, line, wrinkle, dry area, etc. when you put this on. Not good. i like revlon 2 in 1 powder and foundation if you want a product with similar texture. But still this type of creamy "powder" ALWAYS looks greasy. revlon at least covers everything and looks nice for an hour before turning into an oil slick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Classique86

I'm surprised this has not gotten good reviews, I love this foundation. I've tried tons of foundations, expensive ones, cheap ones, and they all have worked okay but I hated their apperance. This foundation delivers everything it says it will... it's very sheer, so if you need/want a lot of coverage you might not like it. However, it feels wonderful, the finish is flawlessly and not cakey and it makes my skin dewy and just...beautiful. I am so happy with the results. I hope they never take it off the market!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by trixia

This stuff is so fantastic!
I bought it on a whim from Wal-Mart.
I was planning on picking up another foundation, but saw the adorable packaging and, when I asked the advice of my best friend, she said to go with it.
I was reluctant because I have breakout-prone skin, however, I've been wearing it for a month and nothing but fabulous-looking skin.
It's a liquid and gives you just the right amount so that you're not all cakey looking, yet you have enough to cover your face for a beautiful shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2006 8:48:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaJewel

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this today and was impressed with the pretty swirl in the bottle. When i got home and tried some on I was very dissapointed with the yellow colour i got :-( I bought the lightest shade and it was just terrible. And for $30 a bottle, I really think it is a terrible foundation. It was impossible to get even coverage - streaked and clumped in areas. Very upsetting as now i have wasted money and all this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mailytran82

I liked this product a lot. I have olive-toned skin and after application, it gave me a nice dewy/semi-matte look w/a brightening effect. I applied it with my fingers which smoothed out my skin. This medium to thick coverage lasted all day for me. I got it for about $4 on sale.