September 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Jelly Gloss

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by zarah1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has got to be one of my favorite lip gloss ever since my first purchase a few years back. I actually love it more than the high-end lipglosses that i tried before such as Lancome. I really like the hint of color it gives when applied. The scent is great too and it is totally affordable (below 10bucks). Absolutely love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by barrioheiress

Maybelline's Fruity Jelly Lip Gloss, in a dizzying number of variants (the gloss shades range from brown, maroon, pink, and orange lip hues) makes a great everyday gloss because it goes on sheer and subtle with just a hint of color.

My friends and I who own two or three tubes of this bargain gloss notice that Fruity Jelly is always "shinylicious" and not sticky at all. The shades are understated and not too loud, which is great for day wear. The glitter particles in the gloss are very finely milled, so you don't look like you ate "silver dust." The smell of some glosses (my favorite is Peach Melba, which goes great with bronzer) is fine, but some variants can be too sickly sweet so you might want to smell the tube before you buy it. Especially recommended are the pink-based shades that give a great, natural-looking shine that doesn't scream "I ate a platter of French fries today."

However, the staying power of this gloss is quite minimal. Expect to reapply this gloss every two hours or so, but that's where the fun of gloss is! You won't feel wasteful reapplying the gloss because of it's "wet" consistency. You only use a small amount to cover your entire lip area, thus making this gloss a fab bargain.

But why only 3 lippies?

First, if you have oily skin, expect this gloss to "bleed" out of your lip line. You may find yourself checking your bottom lip for gloss that bled outside of the lip boundary every now and then, which can be a little annoying. I guess this is a key difference between bargain gloss and high-end gloss -- the high end ones are made of stickier stuff so they rarely bleed outside of the lip line. On the bright side, if your hair ever gets caught in this Fruity Lip Jelly stuff, you won't have a difficult time brushing it off.

Second, there are times when no color comes out of the tube, only the clear jelly. So my advice is to always keep this gloss in a standing position because if you keep it lying down for a long time (like in your kikay kit or in your bag), the color sinks towards the bottom and it'll be some time before it gets mixed with the clear jelly again.

Third, some friends with dry and chapped lips say that this gloss has a tendency to dry out lips even more. If you do have dry lips, you might want to apply this gloss together with a dab of lip balm or my favorite, VMV Lip Fix, which is the only balm I know that doesn't have that annoying waxy feel after you put it on.

A tip when using this gloss: Try applying it with a lip brush. If you have no lip brush, you can use an old liquid eyeliner brush that's been cleaned. Whatever you do, don't apply it directly on the lips from the tube, otherwise it would look goopy and uneven. Lip gloss applied alone/over a lipstick, as long as it's with a decent lip brush, looks smooth, clean and much more sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2005 12:34:00 AM More reviews by yaz2c

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love it i love it and did i say i love it lol it really stays on for a long time. i got the clear one and its the best lip gloss iv ever seen in my life ill always it and never stop using it . even my cuz put it on her wedding and loved it so every 1 just buy it its just $10

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 11:07:00 AM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Clearly a Star, a perfectly clear gloss. I love the fruity scent and the great shine this provides. However, it has a tendency to leak down depending on how hot the weather is and how much of it I use. It goes great over l/s, and the packaging is compact and standard. Sadly, I think these have been discontinued and replaced with the horrible Fruity Jellys. I'd repurchase, but I don't think I can anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2004 8:22:00 PM More reviews by JGjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a really good gloss (i have it in clear), but it leaked EVERYWHERE. i have no idea why. i was careful and clean, but it still managed to seep out and get all over the place. that's why i gave it only 2 lippies. it made me so aggravated!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2004 4:03:00 AM More reviews by simpleallure

i loved this! i bought this in taiwan in clear and used it everyday until i lost it, sadly enough. it has a great texture, and wonderful shine- not sticky like the lancome juicy tubes & MAC lipglass. i shall go buy another one when i go back next month!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 3:47:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a nice gloss with good staying power,i have it in lychee (a clear gloss)it tastes fab .it leaks everywhere though!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2004 4:14:00 AM More reviews by lynniepoop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Fruity Jelly lipglosses are cheap and the texture is the perfect balance of stickiness and "runniness". Besides, the reddish tint is natural enough. BUT, packaging is lousy and this stuff somehow oozes out of the tube. At first, I loved the scent of my "Love Apple" (which sounds like a corny condom flavour) but now, I think it is sickeningly sweet. Since I am not one to waste lipglosses, it looks like I'm going to be wearing this for a long, long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 10:18:00 AM More reviews by luvnmike25

This is such a great lip gloss! I have the She's Mauveulous. The color is nice, very natural looking on my PPP skin. Not sticky at all, and stays on well. I love the tube, you can take it anywhere. I am going to find other colors to try, now!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 2:49:00 PM More reviews by emmolina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ive got litchi and it is REALLY good! it smells so nice and is clear. my lips go really glossy and its so small it fits easily into a pocket or something... take my advice and buy it cos its more than worth it (at just 3.99!!!)