October 21, 2014 | 1997 users online

Eye Shadow - Clarins - Soft Shimmer Eyeshadow in Plum

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Clarins skincare products for over a decade, but this smokey plum mineral eyeshadow was my first dip into their makeup range. I'd stumbled across a swatch of this new-release shade on a blog and was gobsmacked enough to cut short any lemming-time: I just had to get it the next day!

Price-wise (and for once I wasn't ripped off at UAE prices), it's on par with with my staple-brand Bobbi Brown, although the compact size of 2g is slightly less than BB's 2.3g. The packaging of shiny gold acrylic looks nicely expensive, but the plastic clasp can take a bit of wrestling to budge and I wish they ditched the flimsy sponge-tip applicator.

The texture is absolutely luxurious, very buttery and blends easily. It reminds me of my Burberry Beauty eyeshadow textures. The staying power on top of my primer is just as good (12 hr+). The colour on my tanned olive skin leans more towards silvery lilac, rather than the dark plum in the pan.

On my first day, I wore it packed heavily on my inner lids, blending into my Bobbi Brown gunmetal in the outer-V: the colour contrast wasn't particularly noticeable and I thought I looked quite drained compared to my usual ultra-dark eyeshadow colours. After playing around with it, I now apply it on top of a Bobbi Brown aubergine base, which gives my go-to eyeshadow an intriguing dimension.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

Clarins is my favorite brand when it comes to eyeshadow. They win over Dior any day! This color is perfect for green eyes, and last a long time without any primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The soft shimmer eyeshadows are overall very nice. Great color intensity and subtle shimmer. "Plum" is a dark, rich, plum that goes on smoothly, great for creating smokey eyes. Lasting power is good and the shimmer isn't too much for everyday wear.