December 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Chaos

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice blue-toned red lipstick that works well if you have fair skin that leans towards the cool side. With no sparkle, sheen or pearl in it, it works well as a daytime red by keeping the rest of makeup light and neutral with the focus on just the lip color. Got a lot of compliments from women and men on this shade. Chaos applies creamy but stays put for a relatively good amount of time - lasted through coffee and even after lunch still some showed up. Agree with previous poster that it wears off from the center and will leave a ring around outer edge of lip so you'll need to reapply at some point if eating or drinking a lot. Paid half price for this at drugstore (just over $2), but even at full price, I would not grouse about having to reapply after several hours of wear. This is the first NYX creamy formula lipstick I have tried. I have some of their matte shades which are also priced very well and the color wears a long time. I'd definitely try other lighter shades in this formula to see if they also stay put for as long as Chaos does.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mixedmatch

Bluish red lippie. Tried yesterday and it stayed on for 7 hours. Very easy and smooth to apply. Moisturizing. Not as drying as nyx matte lipstick. I blot my lips twice upon application because it stays and stains longer. Applied at 230pm and ate at 340pm. Surprisingly colour stays after i ate! No need for touch ups. Nyx is great. Will want to purchase in other colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick knocked my WnW Stoplight lippie out of first place for best ds red. I am in loooooove with this shade. It's just a gorgeous, glamouous, old Hollywood red. It is so smooth and doesn't feel drying to my lips. It wears down really nicely to a pigmented stain. I usually put on my lippie around 830am and from then until 530 pm, I only have to re-apply twice: once around noonish and then around 2 when I get back from lunch. This four dollar lippie looks like a milion bucks!!

EDIT 6.2.2014: While the wear down on this lipstick is good, the wear off is not, I totally get the ring around the lip look if I don't keep up with the re-apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by audra72ad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite red lipstick of all time. I've always had a hard time finding the perfect red lippie because of my dark skin. Most of the reds I've encountered have too much orange and I hate that! I recently came to the realization that I need a blue red lippie. Then I found this one and it's perfect. This is a very sexy color and I feel sexy wearing it! This is the red lippie I reach for the most even though I have other reds I enjoy wearing also. I love the way it brightens up my face! I always look forward to wearing this lippie!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Mshellan4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this looking for a bright pinkish red and boy is it!! It's bright and looks great on my cool skin tone..reds turn orangey on me if I'm not careful, but this is great!! It turns pretty red on me with a a pink undertone...the texture is a little weird though, really creamy but it doesn't stay very well and I wish it was matte..I tried this in anticipation of RiRi Woo and Im pleased so I will definitely be purchasing that when it comes out...I'm still undecided about Nyx lipstick :-/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, vampy red lipstick that is moisturizing and affordable. Staying power is so-so, but I always anticipate reapplying lipstick throughout the day anyway, so to me it's not that big of an issue. Took off a lippy because there are higher-quality lipsticks out there--ones with richer consistency, better smells/tastes (this one doesn't have a taste or smell), and just feel more luxurious on the lips... but if you plan on doing bright, bold red lips only every so often, this lipstick will do just the trick at a very good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I'm a big fan of NYX makeup, although I've recently discovered that their lipstick is awful! First off, I love red lipstick, and so I bought this. My first complaint is with this; the colour of the product does not match the bullet at all, and I was highly disappointed, since as a fair-skinned blonde, this colour makes me look like a vampire. (If I had been the same colour it was advertised as, I wouldn't have.) My second issue was with the staying power, since I did opt to giving it one more try although I immediately wasn't a fan of the colour, and there's no other way to describe the way it stays on than to say that it doesn't. You don't have to be eating or drinking -- talking or licking your lips will take it off, which is infinitely frustrating when after a decent conversation, you have to reapply your lipstick. It also feels "slimy" when you're wearing it. Despite this, however, if your lips are even the slightest bit chapped, it seems to "sink" into your lips and make an end product that's not aesthetically appealing. As a side effect of the "slimy" aspect -- I'm assuming -- it breaks very easily. I didn't continue to use it just after deciding the colour wasn't for me, although I did hand it over to my sister, who is dark-haired and is more of a fan of the "vampy" look. She used it for a week and simultaneously complained about it's "sliding", and after that week was up, the actual lipstick broke. I was pretty disappointed, and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone -- colour or brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3 of NYX round lipsticks. I love the formula and texture. They feel like a high end lipstick without the price tag. This color is a beautiful old hollywood red. It has great pigmentation. It stays on for awhile and as the perfect finish, It isn't matte but it isn't shiny either. I had wanted to get Chanel Pirate lipstick but when I swatched the two side by side I see any difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

a pinkish blackish red colour, defnitely love for this one, another vampy colour and it looks great, it is bold but not too much at the same time and also great price too :D
although not a fan of the packaging, looks too simple, but i never really get attracted on the packaging :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sedillman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pale with red hair and always have a hard time with red lipstick. I need something good for my pale skin, but also something that is not so matchy-matchy with my hair color. This is a beautiful blueish-red and goes on very smooth. It definitely comes off on cups, but it doesn't appear to disappear from my lips for at least 5 hours. My first NYX products, can't wait to try more.